Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update] [Game Update]

1. Default

You can't be sued for stating facts and your opinion of them. I'd start with http://www.mmoinformer.com/

If you feel unsafe for example, because people you respect and trust to guard their information are suddenly reporting being hacked left and right - Perfectly legal.

2. Default

GM once got sued for billions. Whatever.

Part of that court evidence however actually detailed GM's costs of installing $15 safety piece per car compared to the lawsuit expense they'd incur from deaths resulting from the lack of said safety piece. They gambled that they would just suck up the lawsuits and end up with more money than compared to going with the other option. (that time GM lost the bet)

Nexon inherently is thinking on the same line.

3. Default

They don't even cover maplestory there as far as I can see. It would be wise to respond to one of the recent articles Nexon bragged about having published.

4. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I know nexon is going to do something about this. Its just like with the mesos generator hack a while back. They banned all accounts that was associated with it. They were aware of the problem and they fixed it a problem that didn't involve bringing in any money.

When no one could get their info cause of the secret questions being changed, everyone raged for it to be fixed and everyone assumed nexon didn't care about the issue. Then they put the new system in.

Also about the whole tracking thing i think nexon can, cause with the meso hack they were able to track down everyone that had "fake" mesos. If the mesos had invalid id's in the time frame that the mesos circulate in the economy everyone should have gotten banned.

I know everyone wants a notice from nexon saying they are aware of the problem but everyone will still rage "whats taking so long?!?!" "I got hacked! wtp nexon you knew about the hacking" "how long is this going to take to fix" "omg nexon is run by monkeys that cant figure out the problem" "i like pie"

Ontopic:this patch doesn't interest me at all

5. Default

Wrong informer, I meant http://gameinformer.com/search/Searc...x?q=maplestory

6. Default

hehe,so only monster survival..
    im pretty sad
    nothing too good..... well at least i can level my aran easily with monster survival now

summary:

70% NX
    30%CONTENT
    Last edited by Saar331; 2010-01-19 at 01:03 PM.

7. Default

Disappointing to say the least, not much content. I hope they add something good to the Gachapon at least… As for the stamp event, christ If that is MapleSEA’s list then I dread to think what GMS will come up with. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised for once.

You don’t need a guide. All you do is kill and don’t stop till it’s over. If you are doing the one in Ariant all you have to do is avoid the Pharaoh Yetis which always spawn at the same time in the same stages.

8. Default

You know guys,im even more excited to the v81 extractions
    I msut know if we are going to see ulu city/neo tokyo/neo city mobs in there.... if we wouldnt... so i wont have my hopes up anymore.

9. Default

What good is Neo Tokyo if I have no equips or money?

I agree with Greg though. Nexon must be scared pomegranateless at the moment, and is attempting to find an answer to this before making a statement. If they come out and say, "We know we got hacked, we're trying to fix it." more fear will just be spread. So they're kind of in a lose-lose situation.

10. Default

about that i say
    "So either way we're f*ucked"
    -desmond miles
    LOL LOL assassins creed 2 ok maple is the victim of ezio the assassin shyt

11. Default

Not only does this patch not address the hacking issue, it plays into the hands of the hackers.
    While decent people are still downloading and installing the patch, the hackers (who will have pre-patched, of course) will have plenty of time to log into their accounts and strip them.

12. Default

The original JMS rewards gave a lot more scrolls. Still gives the chaos scroll, but..

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This patch sucks ass and so does nexon.

14. Default

what, no battleship cannon quest glitch?

BCQglitch>hacking

15. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Jeez do you really think hackers hack 24/7? I think they are human and have to recharge their hacking batteries. Also if you have been keeping up with ways to protect your account a method to keep your accounts safe has been put in to effect. Word travels fast on the internet the method will soon be posted on basil,sleepy,mapletip,etc.

Also about prepatching with the last patch i dont think that will be highly done this time around. Nexon can change one tiny thing to screw up all the prepatchers while they patch the game.

@hyperhopper your not really from windia right?

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

First of all, no.

Second of all, that's a server sided change. We won't know if that's fixed until the patch is over.

17. Default

In the eyes of someone who has no grip on reality It might be…

They’ll never say a thing about the hacking unless they have no other choice. They’ll keep it quiet for as long as they can.

18. Default

Nexon can't hold updates because people are getting hacked. Hacking will be fixed someday, just wait it out and change your password everyday. It isn't that hard and for those that already got hacked... sorry but you have to move on.

Just like technology can't wait for you, Nexon can't wait until they fix the "hacking"(if it is indeed their fault, which I doubt) to update their game.

19. Default

I think someone who can write should write to consumerist.com, with emphasis on Nexon's bad records and negligence to its players. maybe the letter will be published on their site and grab Nexon's attention.

20. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

The only thing that piques my interests is Monster Survival. As for the hackings, I'll sit back, change my passwords and hope that nothing bad happens to myself or my friends.