1. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

I can't wait until we get item locks that we can buy with mesos. Then I can lock up all my sh'it.

2. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

For some reason, when I use it, it lets me actually log in for a few seconds until the program seems to kick in even when it says it's connected. After those few seconds, it starts giving me the "Trouble logging in?" message again.

3. Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

Last time I tried to lock my account using Hotspot a few weeks ago, the game would not even begin to load if Hotspot was active (I would get the same message you see if the servers are down for maintenance), so I'm back to the old method of staying logged in 24/7. I usually have a shop up anyway.
    I don't know if Nexon changed something, or just something screwed up with my computer.

4. Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

I can confirm it worked.

When you try launch the game with HotSpot Shield on, it wont open/load. You need to launch the game without HotSpot Sheild on. Once you're at the login page then you turn it on. When HotSpot turns green and it says its connected you then attempt to log into your account and you will receive the "Trouble logging in?" notice.

Is this what you're doing Mandalay?

5. Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

I noticed this too recently.

Oh okay. And yep, I've been turning it on only after the log in screen is loaded.

I usually hit Log In ~3 times just for good measure, so it might have just been the "real" Trouble logging in message all three times and not the one induced by HotSpot shield.

Edit: Figured out what's wrong. Lately I've creating my own GameLauncher shortcut (MS folder > right-click Maplestory icon > Create shortcut > Properties > Add "GameLaunching" at the end in the text box) and this was the problem. It will give the Trouble logging in message but it still won't lock it.

It will only lock the account from the default GameLauncher (the one that automatically installs in your folder).
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2012-10-27 at 12:38 AM. Reason: figured out why.

6. Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

I'm not sure if it's just me, but does hotspot shield still work in locking accounts?
    I've been trying for a while now and I haven't been able to lock my account

Edit: So I tried to lock my account today and it worked fine. I guess it was only me :|
    Last edited by Toby; 2013-06-06 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Able to lock my account :D

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Re-confirming that Hotspot Shield works - and from a shorcut GameLauncher too (unlike what Mandalay reported).

8. Default Re: Fort Knox level account protection here

Nexon needs to give people an extra password like the one-time password system SE has that would greatly reduce hacking as well.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Thank you for reminding us that this 2013 thread no longer needs to be stickied.