Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

well this is a nice additon. Although i kind of find my patching times to be quick. < 20 mins, faster patch times means faster grabbing of ESW maps after patches. Woot!

2. Default

These might be really stupid questions, but...

Does this mean that you can mix and match WZ files from any version? Or any version after 1.2.281?
    If you can mix and match WZ files from any version, what would the game be like if you had say, a Map.wz from this year and a Mob.wz from last year?

3. Default

If those were the most updated files, nothing unusual. If you can mix-match any files... lots of client crashing and -2.17186(w/e comes next) errors.

4. Default

Any version so long as the same encryption is used.

It wouldn't be different at all. Just make sure that everything required in Map.wz is also in Mob.wz.

5. Default

And if the required elements aren't there?

6. Default

error duh

7. Default

There's ought to be something going on.
    How did Nexon check if the WZ file is on the correct version 1:1 of the server's? MD5 checksums?

If that's so, wz editing hack will definitely be affected. I doubt Nexon will allow you to use WZ file of older version.
    Last edited by ZakumSlaYers; 2010-01-15 at 11:10 AM.

8. Default

Let's try not to go there, eh?

9. Default

If they want to keep it similar to current methods, they'd just have to add a table of .wz versions in Base.wz or something. If base.wz checks out (with current program version), and the numbers correctly decrypt the other wz files, then it must be right.

That's only in terms of making sure the client has the right files. To protect against wz editing they'd need to do a more thorough check.

10. Default

Nailed it. That's exactly what they did.

11. Default

This won’t really make a big difference for GMS, the patches never take long really. But this will hopefully help a lot with KMS patches since it takes me a million years to download them.

12. Neon Atom
    IGN: GatlingGaga
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 6X
    Job: Mechanic
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None
    usa

Don't over think it, whenever there's a patch and let's just say String.wz, Map.wz, and Mob.wz are all edited, it'll update just those three to 282 and leave the rest at 281. Making patching over 9000!!! times faster.

(If this information is incorrect, sorry, that's how I interpreted it.)