Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

It looks like someone completely ignored the last skill changes.

Paladins got a HUGE boost. They're stronger than Heroes on just about everything now, I believe.

2. Default

No idea. as it is, now inferno needs to be buffed another 65% just to match arrow bombs average DPS. And arrow bomb is still useless, so lord knows how much it still needs boosting to be remotely useable...

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I'm not too fond of them either, but still have ~2ish months left. Guess for them they are slowly changing Vipers rather than doing a swift kick like they did to Paladins/Shadowers, since they were out longer so they needed serious attention first.

I'll only rage when the 1/2-way mark for the rebalance patch passes without seriously fixing the Viper line.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2010-01-05 at 10:16 AM.

4. Default

I wouldn't mind having no stun at all if they make the critical like tb's.... but that'd make back spin blow and uppercut useless.

5. Default

so the strafe thing for snipers only works with blizzard and not frostprey? MEH updates for marksmen and i was thinking about regearing mine too.

6. Default

It almost certainly works with frostprey, the description in korean doesn't seem to specifically say any skills, just that it's frozen./

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

I hardly use BSB and DU as it is. My only use for them is to dance around mobs with BSB to avoid getting hit, or DU when Barrage is on cooldown and the mob only needs a weak hit to finish it off and I don't feel like using Dragon Strike otherwise I'd grab more mobs to attack me. Personally, I wouldn't mind at least losing Double Uppercut. My keyboard is packed as it is that I can't find room for Energy Orb.

8. Default

ah, that's good then i guess. hoping the strafe thing is 3% per arrow and not 3% per strafe also.

9. Default

A 12% chance to One-Hit KO a monster per attack is kind of broken when the attack is that fast, don't you think? 3% per attack is good, IMO.

You people underestimate Marksmen. They're already very beastly, but you're like, "OH! THEY SUCK!" When in reality, they're one of the better classes out there.

10. Default

I think 12% is fine, it won't be important sooner or later, when they train at places that take 2/3 hits to kill that 12% won't speed them up that much considering they have to freeze the monster...
    I can only see it being important if they train at newties, where at low levels they can take many hits to kill them and with this update they'd probably trigger the 1hko before killing the monster with hits most of the time.

11. Default

An instant kill at an activation rate as low as 3% wouldn't be worth having. 11.5% is a nice middle ground, not game breaking, but it will make a difference a fair amount of the time.

They have a summon that at level 1 lasts nearly 2 minutes and freezes 4 targets. So nearly no extra casting time needed, and one skillpoint in frostprey isn't going to hurt anyone.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2010-01-05 at 10:50 AM.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Also from what I can see they are churning out new balance changes about every week, so we have ~8-9 more chances to see Brawlers get boosted up in power. Therefore, in ~4 balance patches if they have nothing worthy I'll start worrying for my class.

13. Default

Bucc changes are getting better slowly. And that ring is a boost to buccs in of itself at bosses. We can finally crit!!!

14. Default

I guess this makes it obvious that Nexon is not planning on making ArchMages / Bishops strong enough to boss, but rather balance them with each other. This, to me, confirms the idea of the concept Nexon Korea has of Mages, fast trainers but bad bosshunters (the total opposed to Bowmasters) and they are not plannign on changing that.

Its funny how they changed inferno and added that burn effect as every one was suggesting in the other thread. I think the reason why they don't just boost up inferno a lot is because they know many Bowmasters dont have a high lvl inferno, so turning it into BM's main mob attack without giving them any other options would screw over a lot of actual BM's.

I think the stun chance added to energy blast is useless. They should have changed Stun mastery to add a chance of stunning to everry attack, while still giving higher chance of stunning to skills like BSB and DU. That, IMO, would solve the problem of not having a passive critical.

The last thing to say is that hopefully now that heroes are not the strongest warrior adventurer they decide they can do some changes to them too. I'm still waiting for an increasement to panic attacks to 450% coma's to 300% and the removal of enrage's cooldown time.

15. Default

Oddly enough, regarding Inferno, the skill always had the "time" attribute on it (it was set to "10" before), it's only now that it means something. I think Nexon envisioned all along that it would do burn damage but they never got around to it - similar to Panic's dark effect (which really doesn't make sense when you consider that it's a crusader giving a dark effect - wat)

16. Default

I think that most of buccaneers (or maybe it's just me) are concerned about critical at bosses, not at training, so making stun mastery give all hits a chance of stun would just improve training, but not our potential at bossing...

17. Default

According to insoya, pierce's charge time got decreased too. I'm really interested in what pierce's charge time is right now.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nope. That's what pretty much all us veteran Buccaneers/Vipers are concerned with.

Also, I'm curious what was the total delay decrease for Dragon Strike.

19. Default

Good news is that ring will give us a 15% chance passive crit at bosses. Given the way the last hit of barrage works it could work wonders at bosses.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

So does everybody else. We're given a bone, but so are the rest of the classes. Moving one step one while everyone else moves 1 step up doesn't really mean improvement.