Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
  1. Default

Even if you were crazy enough to somehow convince me and everyone else who thinks logically in this forum that NLs needed a boost in their single-target DPS, there is no way we could let you get away with a boost that increases your DPS by 60 f'ucking percent. Any attempt at balancing that's made through these patches is going to be completely undone by those rings, and then some.

All of a sudden it would be...
    1. BMs/NLs (BMs would catch up to NLs with the ring)
    2. Corsairs - Cannon (Not very close to #1), Aran
    3. Marksmen
    4. Everyone else

2. Default

I'm pretty sure these rings do stack with classes' criticals based off of an Evan video I saw on Insoya yesterday. No idea which ring he had equipped but based off of his regular hits and critical hits, it looked like the ring stacked with Critical Magic. He was hitting ~50k with Flame Wheel and over 100k Criticals. Evans naturally have 30% critical for +50% damage, so it looks like the rings made it +100% damage.

I can post the video later when I get home from work, but they take forever to load anyways.

3. Default

Hopefully the rings only work on magic skills o/

4. Default

Wow? Really? That's pretty awesome. I'm suddenly wondering if these rings stacks.. hmm.

5. Default

No it isn't >.<

And you can only wear one.

6. Default

Wearing one makes it kinda even though. This way, us ranged-classes that has passive-criticals can't abuse it. Secondly, if you look carefully, the ring with the highest weapon attack has lower probablility. The one with the higher probability, has lower attack. That and the chances are 'almost' as low as landing a 10% scroll on equipments. So it's not exactly a big-pump for Night Lords.

7. Default

I wouldn't call a 24% boost to TT's average a minor boost. It's definitely better to get the one with the highest critical percent, I mean 1 atk is roughly 0.4% extra damage with apples.

8. Default

It's only a huge boost if it activates at a 1/5 or 1/4 chance, imo. It's only 10% chance, unless you're talking about the 15% ring. Even that, it's roughly 1/6 or 1/7 chance of it activating.. lol. No difference from landing 10%'s on weapons, except this is unlimited chances. It's still rare to see. It surely won't happen 10 times in a row.

9. Default

I'm not sure what you mean... it changes criticals from 1/2 the attacks to 2/3 the attacks. And it makes them all do 50% more damage.

So an extra 50%, 2/3 of the time (and an extra 100% 1/6 of the time when you wouldn't have crit at all), is a pretty decent boost.

10. Default

You misinterpret. The 15% would stack with your crit rate and become an 80% chance to crit for +290% damage. That's why it's broken.

11. Default

Oops, guess I did. I thought it meant 15% chance to HIT an extra 50% crit. <_<

PS: If people are right, and this thing is stackable with current passive-Criticals, I can imagine seeing NLs all over the place again. F'ck. More competition.

12. Default

Don't forget Nightwalkers and Thunder Breakers.

I guess lvl120 Thunder Breakers will do now lvl 170 Buccaneer damage with that ring, that is, on lvl 120 bosses... :o

13. Default

A level 120 Thunder Breaker already outdamages a level 200 Bucc on a Lightning weak target in GMS. So that's a little overkill.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Don't remind me. This is one of the sole reasons I ask for a passive crit, because bullpomegranate like this is allowed.