Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Thats not even close to how it currently is in GMS let alone how it will be after these balance changes come into effect...

So so true.

Stats on paper are very different from what a class plays like. So many are misinformed and mislead about MM, so much to correct...sigh I cant be bothered anymore.

DPS is very misleading, sure shadowers might look to have low DPS but outside of Mages/Bishops they are the fastest trainers, and they do much better on bosses since they can kill bosses MM cant even attempt.
    Last edited by Chameleonic; 2010-01-05 at 10:56 PM.

2. Default

I hope to God that this isn't the last update. Marksmen need more of a boost 1v1, especially since the idiotic workers at GMS fail to make snipe static

Any idea what the new pierce charge time is?

3. Default

I did not count that in. I used the other person's "spectrum" chart. He had Corsair before NL when it came to single-target DPS. MMs are already mob-oriented.

4. Neutron
    IGN: motomage
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 18x
    Job: I/L arch mage
    Guild: Forsaken
    Alliance: Honour/Pirates

*faints*

5. Default

Sorry, I'm a little late to the party.

*whisper* Most of them are Bishops *whisper*. I think you're getting Mages confused with Bishops. And FYI, just because many people play something, doesn't make it overpowered.

Why should they be? Because they suck at training? Well guess what, Arch Mages suck at bossing, but you seem to want to remove their title as the training king. Your post is thickly layered in hypocrisy.

hahahaohwow.jpg the irony is suffocating.

But if Mages are so overpowered, how can they suck? You're a very confused little boy. As for the being abundant, you are again thinking of Bishops, whom I will agree are overpowered, but leave Arch Mages out of it.

Tell me something, I seem to remember a Magician hating person from forever ago named StillTheKing, from the Nexon forums. Are you him? If so, hi there it's RDal ;)

6. Default

MMs definitely need a single target boost. I think they should fix Snipe's cooldown, set it to 4000% and set the damage cap to 500k. I think BMs need a small damage boost as well.

MM mobbing could be improved by allowing Pierce to fire when bumped instead of cancelled (maybe make it usable in midair but remove the ability to jump while using it?) and making Dragon Breath hit like 10 monsters.

The majority of Corsairs in every version are terrible at playing their class. There shouldn't be that much of a gap. Corsairs are pretty good mobbers, the biggest problem we have is a lack of a rushing skill, and the increase in maneuverability provided by the new Recoil cooldown should be enough to compensate for that.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2010-01-05 at 11:52 PM.

7. Default

It's possible that the Corsair he was watching didn't have a decent level of Torpedo. Torp is pretty nuts though, as is Air Strike every 9 seconds.

8. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

In regards to the statement "In most games paper hp = monster DPS" I'd like to point out that this occurs typically in RPGs except that instead of damage per second, it's just damage (see Glass Cannon). And this is the trade off that those specific RPG makers chose to make.

On another note, why does that HAVE to be the trade off? Why can't it just happen be something else... like oh say... maneuverability... or maybe easier training... or something else. Why does every game have to conform to 1 standard trade off? All I'm saying is that you shouldn't apply the standard other games set to another, completely different game.

9. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I sadly have to agree with this, which kills me to say. Draconius on SW and I got into it over this fact, as he said the major updates Nexon Korea would give to ArchMages would be to boost their mobbing abilities. Sadly, Korea doesn't get it: (1) Ultimates, as they are currently, are already stronger than they need to be. (2) Creating a class built around mobbing is FANTASTIC if there's SOMETHING ELSE TO MOB BESIDES TRAINING MONSTERS. This is the key point I don't think people really understand yet. If you understand the first point, then you'll recognize that, if Korea is trying to keep ArchMages the best mobbing class in the game, they *technically* don't need any boosts. Which is clearly untrue, as no one plays the classes. Why? Because there's nothing to look forward to with your skills. Nothing to use them on.

By all means make us the best mobbing class in the game; hell, we'd love to be a godly mobbing class over a godly single target class anyday provided we had something that actually CHALLENGED OUR MOBBING ABILITIES.

Get it together, Nexon.

Aww, poor Buccs. Oh wait, Mages don't have passive crits either, and you still solo bosses four times faster than us. Yeah, maybe the mobbing is different, but hey, at least you get something fun and challenging to do when you level. We get to stay at Skeles - just like the last level!

Again, such a boost is not needed. Honestly I'm surprised the ultimates were strengthened at all; they're already strong enough. The element aspect of this game that completely obliterates Magician damage as a whole is what needs to be looked at, not boosting ultimates.

Fire/Ice immune mobs still take 1 damage with every ultimate cast no matter how strong you make the base attack power .

I sadly agree :(. But hey, at least there are more ILs!

Just to clarify: the Fire Arrow change was animation changes at Lv. 40 and 50. It had nothing more to do with the skill than make it flashy.

Completely agree with this. Either design the classes to contribute something to bosses or release challenging mobbing-related content worth leveling for.

Biggest joke on this thread.

NLs should be "buffed" in making useless skills useful, like many have already said.

We're overpowered at an aspect of the game that isn't worth playing for if it's all we get.

There are more because we have faster training skills, and BF/Anego availability is limited, so competition is fierce. I guarantee you if Bigfoot and/or Anego mini-dungeons were released, you'd see infinitely more Lv. 200 weapon attack classes as compared to Magicians.
    Last edited by FrozNlite; 2010-01-06 at 02:34 PM.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Not what the stats in Dusk's spreadsheet says. Paralyze alone seems to only be slightly weaker than the Untransformed state. Add in Elquines and F/P AMs are hitting around as hard as a Buccaneer? o.O

Reference: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2439/screeny5.png

11. Default

For those who read Korean...do the KMS forums have this much lively discussion about the rebalancing?

12. Default

I also would like to see better Ifrit and Elquiness, because it not fair that mage class has worse summon than archer :P

13. Default

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but the new rings made snipe less useful than ever. Now snipe's dmg can be crap compared to an appled strafe.

14. Default

Well, since the summons are due to the two AMs "expanding their knowledge" outside of their branch, it makes sense that the summons themselves are slightly defective and not as strong due to lack of knowledge of the target element. Of course, this is Nexon.

15. Default

It's not like mastery of fire and ice are particularly central to archery either.

16. Default

LOL i find my summon on Bowmaster completely useless. The ice based summons are somewhat usefull as they freeze monsters nearby, but the fire type are completely useless at this point. The extra damage they add is just pathetic, even compared to a mages already low dps. You should be able to see how the extra damage is useless to a BM who are near the top of single target damages. You can't even notice the damage their summons add to their dps. Only thing I can see the archers summons have over the mage summon is just looks lol...

17. Default

So...I am still looking forward to Evan since I am a mage at heart and I would gladly sacrifice some (apparently even more) excess mobbing for some decent DPS but if I remember correctly an F/P AM does not lag too far behind an Evan in single-target DPS and with these changes I think the gap has closed considerably or has it? Number wizards, if it pleases you could you just give me a rough estimate of the "new" AM versus Evans because I don't want to go crazy scrolling and such only to find that my AM damage will not really be greater than a new character I will likely put too much time into.

18. Default

Well, Hunters started out with exploding arrows, so I guess the fire part can be justified to a degree. I got nothing on the ice part though. x3