Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

I don't have to participate to think this system is already retarded. You know that eventually it's going to be the same three or four people competing with each other, pointing out mistakes five minutes after Fiel posts a new extraction. Normal rep systems suck already, but to have one that only involves people that take interest in Fiel's extractions with data extractors themselves having a huge advantage is even worse.

2. Default

I think the biggest problem here is that most of us still don't know exactly what we can do. I know I have no idea, I don't extract so I can't search for missing things. I don't even know if we're supposed to be looking for Nexon's errors (typos) or Fiel's, and if it is Fiel's, what the hell are we looking for?

3. Default

Bottom line Greg; How does it effect you? What makes it your concern? Why do you care if it sucks if it has nothing to do with you? Where does your opinion have value in this?

4. Default

It doesn't effect me at all. Why shouldn't I care? If we disagree with a decision made by Fiel, should we just keep our mouths shut unless it directly effects us? Is that how it works now?

My opinion has value because it makes perfect sense. Every reputation system has its flaws. Fiel understands this, and while he tried to make it fair and uncontrolled by Southperry's userbase, I still consider it flawed.

5. Default

A negative opinion only has value when it includes realistic recommendations for improvement.

6. Default

I don't think so.

7. Default

Then the prove the value of you saying something sucks.
    Demonstrate for us exactly what that accomplishes, how it improves the situation for anyone, and how it's contributive to this program.

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

So....how do you check the number of rep points do you have?

9. Default

Click on the little deputy star thing in the bottom left corner of your posts.

10. Default

You can drop your holier-than-thou act if you want. I gave my feedback on Fiel's decision and don't think I need to go any farther. I shouldn't need to state my solution to what I feel is a flawed in Fiel's rep system; it should be apparent based on what I've said so far.

11. Default

So far you've contributed that it's dumb and retarded and only open to people who actually put forth the effort to contribute.
    So your advice contextually from that is that it "stop being dumb" and "be open to people who don't care to participate"? Constructive.

I wouldn't hold your breath on anyone valuing your opinion any time soon if you can't even be bothered to demonstrate there are better ways.

12. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Greg:

Is there any way we could do this in a better way? :)

13. Default

There are no better ways. Every reputation system involves a group of people with an unfair advantage, and this system is no exception. Those that are familiar with data extracting have an edge over those who don't. It seems as though every one of my posts come out as gibberish when read by you, so allow me to quote another user who shares similar thoughts:

14. DUCKS
    norway

What is this group's unfair advantage? Do you say that people with a green light are worth more than people without?

15. Default

"Every reputation system involves a group of people with an unfair advantage, and this system is no exception. Those that are familiar with data extracting have an edge over those who don't."

16. DUCKS
    norway

1: This reputation-system is not used for reputation.
    2: Whoops, I didn't mean to ask dat. I meant to ask "What unfair advantages does this group get?" - as in, what do the reputaters get that other "normal" people doesn't?

17. Default

1. Yes it is. Reputation points are given to those that point our mistakes in Fiel's extractions. It may be different from your normal rep system, but it still follows the same "DO THIS, GET SOME POINTS" concept.
    2. Once a reputation system is enabled, shit gets competitive. People don't go out of their way to get points to gain any benefits; there are none. They get points to have more points than everyone else.

18. DUCKS
    norway

That's the point:

19. Default

We're slowly making progress.

See what I'm getting at now?

20. DUCKS
    norway

OH SHiT, SOME PEOPLE IN A COMPETITION HAVE ADVANTAGES OVER OTHERS. WHAT SHALL WE DO, AS THE COMPETITION WILL GIVE YOU A GREEN FLAG AND WILL MAKE THE EXTRACTIONS MORE CORRECT. WE MUST SURELY MAKE THIS EVEN FOR EVERYONE.

Edit: What I'm saying is, why does it matter that some have an advantage over others?
    Last edited by Devil's Sunrise; 2010-01-17 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Srs.