Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Kaida - that's pure speculation at this point for me. There's no logical way I could know that, so I'll just abstain.

Devil's - How many mobs actually have both a holy and lit weakness? I'm sure there are mobs like that, but I can't think of any off the top of my head let alone any mobs that would be decent for training. We don't know how the formula works right now, so I think stating that they're overpowered, while it might be true, is a hasty conclusion.

2. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

More like skipping dual buff. Better to nerf one class than to buff all the others.

And fiel, by lit/elemental advantage, I mean one of the following multipliers:
    0, 0.5, 1, 1.5

For Holy-weak mobs, that would be 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.25 * 1, for lit-weak mobs: 1.5 * 1 * 1.25 * 1.5. In total, a 2.8125-multiplier before applying def. For holy and lit-weak mobs... 4.21875. More than 2446.875% with blast.

It would surely be weird if those elemental advantages would be added. On neutral mobs, you'll have a 1 + 1 = 2 elemental advantage. Lit + elemental charge could be additive, which would make it less overpowered.

Edit: Argh why can't I watch the former posts while editing? Soo bothersome.
    Last edited by Devil's Sunrise; 2009-12-29 at 08:40 AM.

3. Default

Anego and anything in the Regret maps of Temple of Time. My bad, the Regret guys are Fire and Lit. Can still double-charge them though.

Okay, so if it works like Devil's Sunrise said, here's how it goes. Remember, speed is faster (2). Target is neutral.
    Heroes do 1568% damage/second to 3 targets.
    Paladins do 1222% damage/second to 1 target with the old Blast/Holy Charge
    Paladins do 1726% damage/second to 1 target with the new Blast + Holy/Lit Charge
    Last edited by KaidaTan; 2009-12-29 at 09:48 AM.

4. Default

That is quite...impressive. That would really show that they could be very good at bossing. What will ACB look like V.S. Heroes?

5. Default

1041% damage/second per target (neutral). It would outdamage Heroes on 2 or more targets or more which is obviously the only time you'd use it. I'm stupid.

Disclaimer: I would like to reiterate that all the numbers I said are based on the assumption that the charges are multiplied, like Devil's Sunrise said.
    Last edited by KaidaTan; 2009-12-29 at 09:47 AM.

6. Default

Ok bossing scenario (elemental neutral offcourse):

Old: 550*1.4 = 770% per Blast
    New: 580*1.5*1.25 = 1087.5% per Blast

Damage increase: +41.23% wtp.......

NERF PL0X...... -.-

WHAT THE FOCK IS THIS FOR FCKED UP OVERPOWER 1 CLASS PATCH... -.-

It's the same as buffing Assassinate from 4x 600% damage to 4x 850% damage, and I'm not even talking about elemental damage Paladins -can- have...

Really... what the fock is this for retard who came up with this... Let me guess... he works for Nexon... oh nvm... -.-

7. Default

The only monsters with dual weaknesses including lightning are vikerolas, male boss, all qualm monsters in ToT. Hardly impressive there. Intresting otherwise.
    Edit: Oh, and anego

You what now? On larger mobs it would but Heroes do 1568% per target per second
    ACB +lit +holy= 350*1.25*1.5=656% per attack per monster
    Brandish is 988% per attack per monster

Infact, ACB+lit+Holy with an advantage = 350*1.25*1.5*1.5 = 984%, 4% short of brandish per monster. Makes sense to me
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2009-12-29 at 09:35 AM.

8. Default

Dual charging, that’s an interesting way of getting more power out of existing skills. I wonder how effective it will turn out to be in practice.

9. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

Make Gene 2900 yeah? :D

10. Default

You don't have the cost doubled with Amplification

11. Default

Yeah, you're right. Huge mistake there. I'm retarded. In my head, I multiplied ACB by the number of targets being hit, but not Brandish.

I have no idea why, but for some reason I had lit charge at 1.35 instead of 1.25. I think I was messing with potential changes to charges earlier and forgot to change it back. Limmie fix my stuff above...

Paladins do 1726% damage/second to 1 target with the new Blast + Holy/Lit Charge
    1041% damage per monster with ACB

12. Default

Wait I just thought of something, Mages also have dual element attacks, but those are halved when combined, but status effects remain. What if this is the case with Paladins also? It would make sense though...

Lightning Charge = 1.25 * 0.5 = 0.625
    Holy Charge = 1.5 * 0.5 = 0.75

Combined Lightning Holy Charge = 1.375

That would result in a Holy Electric Blast of 580% * 1.375 = 797.5% damage on neutral bosses. Holy with Stunning ability.

That would make a lot more sense then just stacking everything 100% together without any losses...

Does anyone have any confirmation on half damage elemental stacking?

13. Default

How could we possibly know that? And when did Blast get a stunning ability?
    Last edited by KaidaTan; 2009-12-29 at 09:51 AM.

14. Default

Bullcrap:
    Spoiler

I just realized only Lightning charge stacks, not ice.. Well nvm then...

Still dual element charge without any damage nerfs is plain unbalanced, especially regarding other classes...
    Last edited by Devil; 2009-12-29 at 10:04 AM.

15. Default

If that's how it works, it'd be smarter for the Paladin to just use Holy.

16. Default

I like the MP reduction to ultimates, but that's really not what needs to be changed. AMs with an ele weapon now do more damage to mobs weak to holy than bishops do with ultimates. But we don't need more damage with ultimates, we need more damage with bossing skills. This patch increased the amount of damage done by an I/L AM with an ele weapon from 315 base dmg to 337.5. That's about a 7% increase in total damage, which is maybe a few thousand more DPS. AMs need much bigger changes to their skills than this. Bandits get an awesome change to a previously terrible skill, a boomerang step cooldown reduction, and a slightly better assassinate; Paladins get a dual charge, which greatly increases their damage; Corsairs have no minimum range, a more durable ship, and more damage when their ship is broken. AMs deserve more than 7% more bossing damage.

17. Default

except only lit charge can be stacked with the rest.

18. Default

uhh, thats not how mages work the only thing thats combined is the elemental advantages, *1.25 if it's weak to ice , and *1.25 if it's weak to lighting (for I/L comp), the base damage is unchanged. It'd still be 580*1.5*1.25 and 350*1.5*1.25 + any advantages, which could possibly be *1.25 and *1.25, rather than *1.5, though I doubt it, as the skills are coded to give *1.5 bonuses

19. Default

Hmmm... But what if the monster is weak to lightning and elemental advantage is FULLY kept?

Old:
    550*1.25*1.5 = 1031.25% to lightning weak with Lightning Charge
    550*1.4=770% to lightning weak with Holy Charge

New:
    Lightning Charge = 1.25 * 0.5 = 0.625
    Holy Charge = 1.5 * 0.5 = 0.75

Combined Lightning Holy Charge = 1.375

580*1.375*1.5 = 1196.25% to lightning weak.

More damage to Anego / Crow / Headless Horseman... :)
    Last edited by Devil; 2009-12-29 at 10:39 AM.