Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

No idea. I also don't know the rationale behind attaching a probability rate to Threaten. I really didn't see that coming.

2. Default

Goooooooooood
    Steal looks quite lovely.
    I'll need to work out a build very soon, Mastery first probably seems the best way to go?

3. Default

Mastery first is generally the way any second job goes, with the possible exception of Brawlers and (of course) mages.

4. Default

Threaten is awesome, Steal looks interesting. As for the rest, I’m very disappointed.

5. Default

1200 less MP for maxed Blizzard and Meteor is certainly nothing to sniff at, especially with the amp increase. Not sure how much love this gives Paladins, not knowing how effective those increases will be. As for steal, it still sounds pretty useless.

6. Default

I am also disappoint. The changes to Threaten are borderline broken (-20% to boss accuracy? Yes please), but the rest of it isn't quite enough. Also sad to see no Dark Knight buffs here. Or Archer buffs!

Heroes do 1568% damage/second to 3 targets.
    Paladins do 1222% damage/second to 1 target with the old Blast/Holy Charge
    Paladins do 1381% damage/second to 1 target with the new Blast/Holy Charge

EDIT: The above values are at weapon speed faster(2)
    Last edited by KaidaTan; 2009-12-29 at 07:50 AM.

7. Default

Blast at 580% and holy at 150% is nice, gives 870% damage on neutrals (heroes is 988%), and 1305% on holy weak. If Threaten decreases a bosses weapon defense by 20%, I checked quickly, that'd give my bowmaster ~140k extra DPM on zakum 3, at any boss with 2 parties+, that could make a big difference to cover the gap between heroes and 'dins, as long as they aren'te elementally resistant. The extra damage only increases at stronger bosses,

8. Default

The thread over on Sleepywood says Thunder Charge was changed to stack with the other charges, but since Fiel didn't catch it am I safe to assume they're wrong?

9. Default

"What stacks with what" is a formula which is not stated in the wz files. So I didn't miss it, but they are probably right about it if they're getting it from the patch notes. Also, the exact mechanics of how Beholder works isn't in the WZ files either. One thing they did mention that caught my eye was Thunderbolt's range being increased which would be in the data. I didn't see that at all and I still don't see it.

10. Hot minute Gay Male

IGN: Farewell
    Server: Reboot
    Level: ???
    Job: Meth Addict
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None

Pink Bean
    Effective magic: Poison, Lightning
    Less effective magic: Fire, Ice, Holy

Any ideas on how this will affect Paladins with dual charge?

11. Default

Hmmmm weird upgrade for Steal... also the 250 range... that's quite huge for a 2nd job skill... :o

Anyway, same forward range as BoT (150 forward range + 100 explosion range to both sides), and BoT does a lot more damage then 130% (250% after upgrade). Still... is it 100% stun ratio? o.0

12. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

If thunder charge stacks, then Paladins will be overpowered. Seriously. On holy weak/lit weak: 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.25 before defense. That is more than 1631.25% with the new blast. Over 1087.5% without any weakness.

With dual charge: 0.5 * 1.5 = 0.75, so a loss from the weakness. with another 1.25 boost, you get 93.75, so better off with lit alone.

13. Default

No. It should be a 50% probability for stun.

Also, looking at the lightning charge stacking thing, it's true. Here's the skill description for Lighting Charge:

[마스터 레벨 : 30]\n일정 시간동안 둔기에 번개 속성을 부여한다. 다른 속성의 차지 스킬과 중복하여 사용할 수 있다. 시간이 다 되거나 차지 블로우를 사용하면 취소된다.

[Master Level: 30] \ n period of time is given to blunt force lightning properties. Charge of the property in conjunction with other skills can be used. It takes time to blow, or you will be canceled.

Okay, the translation was comical, but it gets the point across.

14. Hot minute Gay Male

IGN: Farewell
    Server: Reboot
    Level: ???
    Job: Meth Addict
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None

I see. Thank you for the breakdown. :)

15. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Mmm, Threaten, Divine/Holy and Fire/Flame Charged got a nice Buff. Although, I still think us Paladins are kinda crippled against neutrals/resisting monsters. :c

Edit: Whoa, Duo-charging? Though I'll still stick with my opinion that we're gonna suck on Neutrals/resistants. >_>

16. Default

A paladin charge-stack would be quite interesting, but as stated above, overpowered. An archer change I would like to see is have the skills Blizzard and Inferno be buffs instead of attacks. I know this would not happen, but it would be fun~!

17. Default

How do you think that would work in a formula, based on how other similar things work now?

Would it be (LitCharge*HolyCharge*DamageRange*skill) or ((LitCharge+HolyCharge)*DamageRange*skill)?

18. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Oh yeah we are crippled. Doing more damage against bosses such as Zakum and Horntail and Pink Bean than Heroes and stuff. The only way we are crippled is because the damage we deal is in one hit only, which means we hit the upper limit faster.( I'm pretty mad about that, actually.)

Formula would be the usual deal, I think.

((base dmg * lit charge * lit advantage * elemental charge * elemental advantage) - def) * (skill% + possible crit(s))

If not, then lit it would be a tad weaker with holy, but heckstrong with ice.
    Last edited by Devil's Sunrise; 2009-12-29 at 08:31 AM.

19. Default

Erm, Dual Charge? wtp?!?!?! If Paladins get buffed THAT much, Shadowers needs rebalance again... -.-

Assassinate 800% x4 pl0x... -.-