Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
  1. Default

There's no point in them changing threaten.. everyone who had somewhat of a clue as to how to build a page/white knight didn't add the skill past lvl 3 cus that was simply needed for Power Guard. I did kinda get pineappleed over on my happy-go-lucky 3rd job charge distribution as hybrid. Seems I won't even be able to use lightning+holy for any weapon. I could use fire+lightning for BW though.. Might do that.

2. Default

Like was said before, just because builds hovered away from certain skills doesn't mean that they shouldn't be changed.

3. Default

Most Paladins have it maxed, because the only plausible way to not have it maxed or close to it is if you went Hybrid.

4. Default

Which he is.

This change really screws hybrid builds though. I guess you could go CB/Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Lightning, with one last point for Magic Crash or something. But then you don't have the "freedom" of being hybrid, you just use different weapons at different weaknesses (Fire weapon for Fire/Lightning/Neutral, Ice weapon for... Ice). Making Thunder/Lightning both necessary leaves very few SP. And forcing Threaten into the 2nd job build pretty much means going without FA, which begs the question - why hybrid?

5. Default

Douwe, just because you thought it was a good idea to go hybrid [when it obviously wasn't ], and almost everyone else maxed threaten means you're the one who made a mistake, not the other 99% of the paladin population

6. Default

Going Hybrid for a Paladin is a very poor choice in of itself since you can't be balanced on both sides, like a Hybrid DK is. A Hybrid Paladin has only half the versatility of a regular Paladin, meaning you are limiting yourself by being Hybrid.

7. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

I know we're on patch .278 now...but Fiel, I'm wondering if you can clarify on this a bit:

When you said ACB range increased by 30 pixels...what range is increased specifically?

Currently, ACB's actual initial hit contact range is dependent on the weapon range (1h sword vs. 2h sword, etc)...basically it acts like a regular attack, but has a certain mob damage range upon connection of the hit.

Is the range that's increased the initial hit contact range? If so, is it +30 pixels to both 1h and 2h sword, or is it a fixed distance now like Brandish/Blast?
    If not the initial hit contact range, is it simply the after-connect mob range that gets the +30 pixels? =|
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2010-01-05 at 08:46 AM.

8. Default

After-connect mob range. Think slash blast.

9. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

Aww...BOO! I was hoping I would have an easier time using ACB. =(

Thanks.

10. Default

Maybe it will be able to hit mobs of Guardians that got frozen facing the wrong way... I always end up stepping back and only Rushing the closer ones, otherwise ACB just misses half the mob.

Or Nexon could fix the Guardian/Chief Guardian so their "hit" animation is within range in the first place.