Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Yay for a calendar blurb. This could see some use.

And potential abuse, though, if it's open to all users.

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

To maybe fix this, create a usergroup for Calendar editors? If that's possible...

3. Default

Or just have it moderated so posts to it have to be approved. It should get pretty much one series of updates a week, except when Nexon has clusternuts like this past few weeks.

4. Default

I would say, give all members with 500+ post the ability to add events, and if they abuse it once, instant temp ban for 1 month + forever ban from calender additions. :)

5. Proton

IGN: Michaels2
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 164
    Job: BM Hurri-walker
    Guild: Renaissance
    Alliance: Eternal

I really like the upcoming events section at the bottom. Not that I scroll down there much... but nice anyways.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

My only current gripe so far is the icons for new/old threads/hot threads feel really fat. I liked the smaller icon. I'll just take some time to adjust to. Otherwise excellent job BullDog!

7. Default

Didn't think I was going to do this, but I have to say awesome work and thank you. I am very resistant to change, especially when I get really set in my ways (like with SP, which is my second home). I didn't like the idea of this upgrade, and I certainly hated it at first. I still have to get used to how New Posts is set up now, but that's not a big deal. I'm loving the VASTLY easier switch between the forums and new posts. The tabs make it so quick and convenient. I'm a fan. Glad to see the calendar being utilized now, too. I hope it stays that way.

I assume (and hope) Default is all done now? I love the great shades of blue and simple, classy design. It's just how I think a forum site should be set up. Once again, great work. I hope it remains like this. No complicating it or adding stylized/themed stuff. That's what other skins are for!

My only complaint is the worthless and annoying icons on the new posts page.

Can we like...remove them? lol They serve no purpose now that the thread title bold/unbold has been brought back (thankfully <3). They're really just an eyesore and way too big, anyway.

8. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

What's different about New Posts? Just curious. o-o

9. Default

Just its layout, I mean. Things have been mixed around. For instance, instead of what forum the thread is in being on the right side, it's on the left now right under the thread title. The replies and views count is different, too. Small things like that. I'm having to retrain my eyes where to look for certain details.

10. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

Oh, that. Yeah, I caught up on that fairly quickly. Except... I don't like that it doesn't show what Forum it's in if there's a post in a subforum. If that makes sense.

11. Default

<3

It's not exactly the same look and feel as the old skin, and in fact some choices were intended to depart from the old skin, but it's the same basic color scheme and I'm already quite used to the new layout. I actually think it's smoother and more polished than the old.

Not everything's done; there's still debate about what to do with the icons that you mentioned as well as the ones on the front page, and there are still some kinks here and there with coloring and whatnot. But yeah for the most part this is what we'll be looking at from now on.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Yay, now that's the skin is mostly done, Paul can finish fixing things on the restoration list again.

13. Default

Because /forums tries to look for a file "forums.html" or "forums.php" and can find neither. /forums/ searches for "index.php" or "index.html" in the /forums/ folder, which exists.

14. Default

I just realized one thing that's of great appreciation in this forum upgrade.

You can tell the difference between quotes and code boxes now! Hooray! Good scan-reading aid.

15. BDRyan

Almost right. The server expects the trailing slash to be included (so as to indicate a directory on the server), otherwise it treats it as a file. The request for /forums will not work because you're telling the server to look for a file called forums (note: no extension) instead of a directory called forums.

EDIT: I've reconfigured the server to treat both requests as a directory request, though I would advise everyone to continue to use /forums/ as the forum's settings treat that as the real path to the forum.
    Last edited by BDRyan; 2009-12-25 at 06:07 PM.

16. Default

Did mod_dir get disabled or changed in some way during the upgrade? It should be handling that automatically.

17. BDRyan

No but the filesystem structure was changed. /forums/ is merely an alias now to a filesystem directory that's located outside of the root southperry.net webroot.

To make this work and avoid conflicts, the physical filesystem directory called forums that originally resided in the southperry.net webroot directory was removed (of course after being backed up to my disk). Then the alias was created in the webserver configuration for /forums/ to point to the physical filesystem location of the new forums, which resided outside of the southperry.net webroot. Since at the time I had only aliased /forums/ and not /forums, that resulted in 404 when the latter was used since that directory no longer existed.
    Last edited by BDRyan; 2009-12-26 at 03:41 PM.

18. Default

Ah, that explains the sudden behavior change.