Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Having technical issues? Read here!

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...ontentNo=005sa

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

So basically, if your patch screwed up, Nexon said go screw yourself for another 6 hours?

3. Default

I really hope I dont need to do that...take me forever to download the whole client again.

4. Default

I have to do this every patch, anyway. lol I don't know why I even bother attempting to patch anymore.

Holding out for a miracle!

5. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I wonder what caused this; I had no issue patching. :x

6. Default

They posted a new patch with the same version at Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:22:42 GMT so anyone who installed the "bad" version of the patch has no recourse but to go back to v 79 and reapply the new "good" v80 patch.

7. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

Maybe Nexon's way of saying, "Stop fcking pre-patching before the damn pomegranate is made! Or else we're going to change a small info in our data that'll screw you over for the next 7-14 hours!"
    Wow, that was a mouthful.

8. Default

Pre-patchers help Nexon more than anything since it distributes the server load. This is likely because they messed up, not us. Pre-patching is fine - changing the patch last minute is not.

9. Default

Oh for gods sake, first I get pestered by AVG resident shield and now this crap.

Good thing I already have the v79 installer, all I need to do is repatch... 5mbps line<3

10. Default

Ahh thanks. I always use the auto patcher so I should be ok.

11. Default

I've auto patched a v79 folder twice now. Why do they think reinstalling it will work....

12. Default

So basically what happened? They put up the v00080 patch which Fiel extracted. They put up a manual patcher of their own, which version is this? Then they changed something in the patch, is this supposed to be v00080 or v00081?

In any case, if I have v00079 files and update the latest 00079to00080.patch file I should be fine, right?

13. Default

What gets changed in our maple folders other than the wz files when maple patches? I copy & replace'd the glitched 0.80 wz files with the 0.79 wz files from another computer through a flash drive, but I when I try to enter the game, I get the new 0.80 screen and a -2.147bil error when I press start game.

14. Default

3 hours left on my redownload.

So has anyone successfully autopatched a backed-up .79 folder?

15. Default

Client, dll files.

16. Default

The MapleStory.exe file itself gets patched too. I ran Fiel's patch reader and it created a temp folder to store new patch files, it included a total sum of 25 files. I'm guessing .wz, some of the .dll's and the ms.exe.

17. Default

Okay thanks. I just realized how pointless that was xP I could just patch up the game to 0.80 on my other computer then flash drive the entire folder over.

18. Default

Flash drive me too pl0x, or at least send me the link to the "correct" v00080.patch
    I don't know which one to use anymore thanks to Nexon screwing up.

19. Default manual patch error

Well I got my backup files, and just finished manualpatch (started like one hour ago), but... it only says: "checking files 2/3" and stop right there, it does not patch.

md5sum ManualPatcherv80.exe bc5040c17b33dc46751f1f4f594d8e3b

md5sum 00079to00080.patch 7778e611d4cfcba57b5e86429f83b5aa

Can anyone confirm if the 00079to00080.patch md5 is the working one?

Thanks.