Thread: Maple's Story!

2. Proton
    IGN: GW2003
    Server: Windia
    Level: 77/47/37
    Job: Priest/Assassin/I,L Wizard
    Guild: EternalHon0r
    Alliance: Tsundere

The main reason I do quests is for the little amount of story that they offer. I find it interesting enough to do them unless it's really hard or doesn't seem to have a story (like having to get 1000 Toy Drums ). I have a question though: Is Ariant finished (in the game)? The leader of the Sand Bandits gives a first mission, but there are no more after that, and the conflict isn't fully resolved.

3. Default

Yeah, that's really all there is right now. There might be more added later but at the moment we have every Ariant quest that exists. I know what you mean, there's something missing. I can tell you that the King is asleep, and it isn't natural; he has some sort of sleeping spell on him cast by the queen so she can rule instead. I can't even explain to you how I know that, but I do. If you sniff around town you'll see that's true. Though, the queen isn't really evil; she's just giving in to the fairy's natural attraction to shiny objects. There's no real bad guy here (except, I suppose, the Red Scorpions.) so I can't really see any sort of confrontation occurring. The best we could hope for is that some later quest awakens the King and he sets the queen in her place.

4. Default

1 word. Awesome

5. Proton
    IGN: GW2003
    Level: 77/47/37
    Job: Priest/Assassin/I,L Wizard
    Guild: EternalHon0r
    Alliance: Tsundere

So the Queen really is a fairy then? I thought she just thought herself to be one. I was thinking the end would probably be something like the Queen regaining her senses and stopping her greediness or something. The king does talk after you finish an ACPQ, so I guess he's brainwashed, but not really asleep.

6. Default

You can see her wings, actually. She's an Orbis-type fairy. There's another Orbis-type fairy in Magatia and she has a half-human daughter. I doubt they're related at all but there are fairies living outside of Orbis.
    As for why the king talks after the Coliseum battle, no idea. He says some things like:
    "Everything is annoying. Queen…Can you act in place of King….do whatever you want….."
    "Haaaaaammhaammm…." (I assume this is the Korean onomatopoeia for a yawn.)
    "It is strange to get tired always. It is irritating even to open eyes….When did I start being so tired like this."
    "Huge Desert…..Barren but rich Desert…..they can live well without King."

Reading those it almost sounds like poison. Still it's a means for the queen to take control of Ariant in order to get jewelry and other shiny objects.

7. Default

I like how I can remember doing the quests that relate to these stories.

8. Default

Are there any El Nath/Zakum stories that you included?

Also, when i became 4th Job, I remember the NPC telling me a story about the bosses of maplestory (I was too excited to advance I didn't commit them to memory). Did you include all of that too?

9. Default

I've summarized/told that story a few times but for whatever reason I never included it in this thread. It's more of an anecdote like the Amoria tale than it is one of the player-involved quest storylines. I may go find it and put it here.

10. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: EastTimor
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 201
    Job: All of them
    Guild: Faith
    Alliance: Solace
    Farm: Travel
    canada

wow thanks for writing this! I allready read most of it xd

11. Default

Wow. I had to stop after the tenth part, I ran out of time. Good job!

12. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: TenKayPlusHP
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: (the one and only) HP Dark Knight
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: -none-
    canada

lol
    oh nice, new stuff to read!

*picks up where he left off, reads Ariant...

edit:
    *him?

you forgot the food that the traveler had to give the houses too lol
    i did the 2 quests together =P
    Last edited by solid_ice8; 2008-07-16 at 10:10 AM. Reason: minor errors

13. Default

Didn't do that part yet. XD

14. Default

Nice story! I never knew the story behind Orbis and Victoria (except for the Sharenian part) up until now

15. Neutron
    IGN: Sunkenfear
    Level: 18x
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Labyrinth
    Alliance: Eternal
    england

I've enjoyed reading some of this, I should resume once I have some more time!

16. Helium Atom
    IGN: XDrifter10
    Server: BROA
    Level: 62
    Job: Cleric
    Guild: BasilMarket
    Alliance: BasilHero

I find it interesting that 98% of the Maplestory community doesn't even read this.

I am proud to be the other 2%

Hope this thread Encourages more Players to read the Quest Logs.

17. Default

Wow Isaac, I find many parts of the stories familiar, but I never chained them together to form a storyline like that, truly remarkable a work. =)

19. Water
    IGN: tzkbowman
    Server: Scania
    Level: 120
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: [A]rrowAcademy
    Alliance: N/A
    California

Lol, silly Sleepywood and it's filter on ecko.

20. Default

Why on earth did Sleepywood censor "ecko"? Do they hate the shoes or something?

I'd also like to know more about this old king that died. D:
    How did he die, exactly? Why didn't a son or someone take the thrown? Where does Elin Forest play in?