Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Maple's Story!

1. Default

These are done from quests, there are no real storyline quests with any of those areas except maybe a little bit in Singapore and Malaysia.

2. Default

No story post-CWKPQ? >_> I have SSes of the MoN event quest, but not from Jack outside the armory.

3. Default

Neo Tokyo actually -does- have a in-depth story, too bad you can never read much of it. From what i've seen and heard from other players, it goes like this: Odaiba: 2102, you have to click through Ponicharu's chat as fast as possible because overlords auto aggro and fly. Then you have to beat a boss to get to the next area. Then you beat another boss to get to the next area. On and on. At least 5 times. Basically, only way to get the story is to translate the quest and NPC strings (The NPC chats do give quite a bit, I used a japanese translator on them and got some parts of the story)

The story: good. The way it's built it: not so much.

5. Default

I actually like the story ALOT.

Heres part of it, I find it quite amazing.

[YOUTUBE]Kf9Vxna8FKY[/YOUTUBE]

6. Default

(I could be totally wrong on this, sorry if I am, and I did not read all the pages of this very long thread to see if this was mentioned before).

Um, I think I read that Horntail resided in the cave of life as the result of retreating from angering some gods(or something like that) and was spending his time cowering in the cave of life.(the cave of life had regeneration propertys so it was the perfect place for him to say). I am pretty sure horntail was one of those ''went evil for a reason'' type of people. Although I could be wrong....I could have sworn I read that smewhere, although your story seems accurate. ...Still, I really could have sworn I read it somewhere, let me try googling it.

7. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

Any particular reason there is no Cygnus or Aran storyline? They're kinda important. (I hear Evan has an even more in-depth storyline than Aran, but translating it from Korean to English might be a bit much.)

8. Default

cause it takes a lot of work to write it and I don't have the time to do that these days.

Other part of it is... well, the cygnus and Aran storylines are (relatively speaking) well done, so all one has to do to understand it is play the class. These prior bits and pieces were so scattered that you have to make a concerted effort to learn it all. Basically, they don't really "need" it as badly.

9. Default

"Brilliant! Excellent! Magnificent!" are the words I'll use to describe this thread. Credits to IsaacGS for all your hard work!! I'm sure every player will be gladly appreciating this thread that you took so much time to write! It just makes this Story a more worthwhile Story to play in. =)

After going through this thread, but not all, I have been doing my own search on Maple's Story too. Well, they told of a story of the ancient time when the Black Mage was defeated by five legendary heroes whereby each of them is revealed in the game one by one.

I'm not going to spoil everything here. If you want to know the story more in depth. I believe this website should provide you the information you need.

http://spadow.wordpress.com/2010/01/...nd-utan-rumor/

Credits to Spadow's Blog!

CheerS!
    hiten098

10. Default

I guess we can also give up on seeing more updates for this.

Too bad, it was an awesome work of Isaac.

11. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Unless someone else remakes it or continues to work on it. It won't be the same though. :|