Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Don't you mean level 80? Even if there was a class that could actually kill Bigfoot at level 50 they still wouldn't be able to get the star.

That would make sense if they did that. I always wondered why Str didn't count in the first place.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Because HULK SMASH! classes have more delicate hands than dexterous, intelligent, or lucky people, am I right?

3. Default

Hahaha, funny point. I wonder if Nexon Korea actually thought of it that way.

4. Default

I always saw hands as something related to nimble fingers. Thieves can pick your pocket but a warrior must hit you over the head to get the wallet.

5. Default

Very well put. I never thought of it this way, or really put any thought into "hands" for that matter. I simply thought it was some crap they kept in just for the hell of it and made a bad translation of what it was supposed to be.

6. Default

Though thinking about this logically Int shouldn't count either since going by stereotypes the only delicate things intelligent people do is turning thin paper pages.

But this is Nexon. It's more likely they just added a random stat in and forgot to check the Str box.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I figured hands was just something related to how good certain RPG classes are at alchemy. Makes sense, since thieves and mages are obviously the best, archers less so, and warriors being the worst.

Truth is hands is worthless as a requirement if it's the sum of all your stats. Unless they start making equipment with ridiculously high hands (1.3k+) that would unlock abilities/more power, which favors really high leveled characters.

8. Default

That would be something huh. It's kind of sad using a claw that is 60 lvls below oneself when any freshly baked NLs also got one.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I know, that's besides the point.

10. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Lol yes I know that, but you're never going to see 100k+ damage on a Skele before a crit with Blaze. It's just not strong enough. Will you see those kinds of damages at, say, Pianus, the fire weak Zakum arm, etc.? Of course, and to be honest at this point in our knowledge of how the Evan changes affected their single target gameplay, it's pretty safe to say Blaze dominates on fire-weak mobs over Illusion. Throw in a Fire elemental wand and that difference is solidified. The real question now is the difference between Blaze and Illusion on elementally-neutral mobs, as the increased ability for crits due to the simple number of attacks of Illusion may just win out in the end over Blaze. But of course throw a Fire elemental wand into THAT mix and you have a pretty close match (which I honestly think Blaze might win out in the end in GMS servers for that reason).

Below

V

Remember that elemental wands won't affect the damage of Illusion with attribute multipliers since the skill is Neutral. While I agree that the critability of Illusion is far greater than Blaze, the raw base attack difference between the two skills, the damage multiplier from an elemental wand, and the sheer speed difference might just make Blaze the better skill in the end.

But alas, this patch has only been out for two and a half days. We must wait and see!

11. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

All in all, I think hands shouldve never been put in.
    It disfavors classes. If your a Mage or thief, poof, everytime u level u get 5 hands(unless your str bandit) meaning by level 100 you'll have 400 hands without added stats. If your a warrior, you may as well never get it. Buccs can tend to be easier on this, but not really. Strless bowman goes with mages and thief while regular get str, which lowers it. It's really unbalanced, and dumb. The medal help, but we only have one medal that adds 5 hands in GMS(celebrity?)+ usless ones, and the slayer ones(7x3, but it's pretty annoying). If we get it, there's no point in these crappy items(warriors & buccs), it will be worth nothing. While thieves & mages go yey.
    Last edited by Bomber; 2009-12-03 at 02:08 PM.

12. Default

yup Evan preety much the tanker version of mage.

Magic Guard + Aurora recovery.
    Magic Shield + Magic Resistance.

13. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Too bad it's only 70% to mp loss instead of 80%(dmg recieved via MG)

14. Default

Oh, a couple of days after I decide to start funding my archmage again, Evan gets a boost which renders mages virtually obsolete in function? Oh well, may as well carry on as planned and buy my INT equips before they get hopelessly inflated further by a supahDPS mage class.

70% is still a decent amount. Suppose we'll have to see what their HP:MP ratio is, see if it fits the 70% guard as well as mages (if it hasn't been revealed already).

15. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

What about Paladins? They are good with magic too. Cut some slack for the poor Pallys... They're not as brute as DrKs or Heroes. :/

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

A level 200 Evan can only tank a ~10k hit with HB, and only about a ~16k hit with HB VS an 200 AM who can tank ~13k/~20k. Oh noes!

But wait! Add in their magical shield and Evans can handle ~12k/~19k hits! A 1k discrepancy! Oh noes!

In all honesty, Evan are just as tough as mages when you factor in Magic Resistance.

*My reference for how much Evans can take is based on this pic of an AM's HP and simply applying the different Magic Guards:

17. Default

From what of I've seen from the videos, they about the same MP ratios as regular mages and bit more HP. The level 77 Evan I saw had 1268 HP (w/ Shine Wand) and 5146 MP. At level 76, I had 1132 HP (w/ Lama Staff) and 5062 MP.

18. Default

Man I am so sick of reading OBSOLETE OBSOLETE OBSOLETE.

Are you guys really so insecure that any class that appears slightly stronger than you completely threatens your manhood? I love my archmage and will continue playing it long after Evan and any other class, no matter how good they may be, because as far I'm concerned you should play the class you enjoy, not the one with the biggest plantain DPS.

Whenever I read "obsolete" I get this mental image of a quivering neckbeard ready to tear their room apart because ALL OF MY HARD WORK WAS FOR NOTHING ARGHHHHHHHH *gundam shatters on the cold concrete basement floor*
    Last edited by Sarah; 2009-12-03 at 03:11 PM.

19. Default

Can anyone confirm if you have to use all ur SP points before moving on to the next mastery level or does it all just carry over?

20. Default

So an elemental wand don't reduce the damage of non-elemental attacks? I always assumed they just uniformly nerfed everything other than their appointed elements...

So much for a Speargrave wand being useful in the long term =P