Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

I don't see why explorers should be revamped. It's specifically stated that they are weaker to Legendary classes and should be treated as such.

2. Default

Then what's the point of making one? If not a revamping, then at least something that make it worth being one. For us here in GMS CWK PQ is one good example. But that's hardly enough to justify making a character that gets outgunned by a class that on top of their power also have skills that look so much better... I just can't see why anyone would make inferior characters when starting fresh....
    Oh yea, and some skills of the adventurers really do need revamping, as stated before.

3. Default

Why do people still make Pages? Axe fighters? Arch Mages? LUK Magicians? Most Cygnus Knights?

People do it because they want to. They don't do it to be uber-powerful, they just do it.

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

In case anyone cares, there's finally a video with Dark Fog.

At 1:18:
    Spoiler

EDIT: And the Evan promo video.
    Spoiler

... Assuming these haven't been posted already. D:
    Last edited by Jon; 2009-11-26 at 12:34 AM.

5. Default

Explorers are not weaker than Legends.

6. Default

Ok aparently these new maps were for the expo in Korea; G Star 2009.

I doubt they will make an appearance in kMS for real maps.

Credit; Spadow

7. Default

I presume that there is a new type system introduced, and the mobs above are for testing those types...

Yes, the new items are for that purpose, I think. The consume item is for 'emergency reset' and the etc item is the item you get when you defeat the boss.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 2009-11-26 at 09:27 AM.

8. Default

^Intresting idea, but the only reasons I could think about it being worthwhile is either a monster book reorganization (yeah, that will go so well when added to gms), or an elemental-system revamp

9. Default

I hope they don't pineapple with the elements man. They're already screwed up as it is.

And I actually think that Evans might be good in training if they actually use multiple skills instead of just using 1 skill at a time. Instead of spamming Earthquake, you should do something like Ice Breath -> Earthquake -> Illusion. Or insert other mob attacks in there.

10. Default

Wow dark fog makes the whole screen go darker first. Maybe thats just for the person casting it.

That chainlightning like skill is at a decent casting speed. They need an actual summon to finish off the left over monsters with low hp, their skills are way too slow to cast an extra attack to finish them off. But that probably won't happen for this type of class.

If dragon breath does stun after the changes, it'll be a nice training skill. Use that to gather mobs, then earthquake or something then continue.
    Last edited by TamilTiger1; 2009-11-26 at 10:11 AM.

11. Default

Here's a decent training video, though it's on Insoya (someone upload to youtube plox). He has pretty good control over his character, but I still think Evan's attacks are too slow and weak. The official release date seems to be December 17th, so hopefully they make some more changes before then.

Level 142 Evan @ Skeles

He's actually quite strong equipment wise so you can't use the "he's only weak because it's KMST" argument. He has 1141 Matk at level 142, without Maple Warrior, which is very impressive even by GMS standards. The SS is posted below the video.

Also notice how he doesn't use a single 10th mastery skill. Either he doesn't have any points in them, or the 10th mastery skill level is 150+.
    Last edited by Bribery; 2009-11-26 at 12:50 PM.

12. Default

Well cygnuses had a purpose before they totally ruined the blessing system. Now they do not. And the difference between the "bad" and "good" adventurers aint so big as it is between adventurers as a whole and the heroes.

What kind of logic is that? O_o
    It's already pineappleed up, so lets not fix it?
    Last edited by CarrionCrow; 2009-11-26 at 12:50 PM.

13. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

or screw it over even more?

14. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

It really does need to be fixed. Almost nothing is weak to Lightning, everything resists Poison, everything is weak to Fire/Holy/Heal, and Ice can horribly rape anything that isn't in Nath, a boss, or an Electrophant through freeze.

15. Default

That Evan has awesome amount of equips. I'm very impressed on how he can use timeless equipments while having 18 base LUK.

As for Flame Wheel however, it's very useful for flat maps, but it's so slow. That's why he used Ice Breath before he uses Flame Wheel.

16. Default

I'm more concerned about the issue of how screwed up the damage is with elements on my Paladin. With Holy Weak, I can hit 62k. Neutral and I can barely scrape 30k.

17. Default

How do you play that video? ._.
    I click ANYTHING and get some dancing WOW characters....

18. Default

Same.