Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Neon Atom
    IGN: Reflexx
    Server: KMS
    Level: 122
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: EllinForest
    Alliance: Foreigners

Sure archmages can do papulatus, pianus, crimson rog but who can't? a decently geared cygnus can do all of the above. I was talking about end game bosses like horntail and pink been and the more bosses soon to be introduced. Nobody honestly WANTS an archmage taking up space in those big runs. Not going to stray too off topic and create a flame war between archmages, I'm just stating that no new class introduced by nexon will make the current classes useless.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh really?

3. Default

Holy shet, this is a really nice thing to wake up to o-o

4. Default

You calling other peoples opinions stupidity? FROM YOU? Thats the best laugh I'm going to get all day, thanks for that.

5. Default

This class doesn't use combo? now its a hard choice
    Aran with combo which seems harder but much different style than we have now or a brand new magic class that we control regularly?

Aran seem to be much better at mobbing and single target? maybe this class seems weeker because of all the buffs. Too bad this doesn't have Heal and dispell, still going to need bishops for bosses that can seduce. If they did have heal they would deal some nice damage as well as support but now its just going to take more room in boss runs. Maybe these guys will be perfered over bishops in the attacking parties at bosses.

The Homing skill doesn't improve damage like the pirates skill (bullseye) right? What use is that 60% mastery than? doesn't all the attacks already have a 60% mastery? or do they mean 60% more damage like bullseye from corsairs?
    Last edited by TamilTiger1; 2009-11-19 at 08:48 AM.

6. Default

This doesn't feel like a mage at all. Sure they added elemental attributes, but they also severely nerfed mob damage while increasing the single target damage. Sure, they get critical and they get Amp. But:

Critical at max provides 117.5%.
    Amp at max provides 135%. (Traditional mage has 140%)
    The only other buff they get is soul dragon, which gives +20 base attack.

Now take a look at these nerfs:

Fire Circle - Equivalent of Blaze Wizard's Fire Strike, but much weaker
    20MP -2045 Basic Attack60% MasteryAttacks 4 enemies

Ice Breath - Equivalent to Ice Demon, but has fewer duration and fewer damage for its ice attacks.
    20MP -2290% Probabilityx value = 4Attacks 6 enemies60% Mastery70 Basic Attack5 Seconds
    70 base attack x 1.586254 + 20 base attack = 131.0375 on Evan
    100 base attack x 1.4 = 140 on a traditional mage

Dragon Thrust - Seems like a Blaze Wizard's Fire Pillar, but a bit stronger. However, when compared to Explosion from FP mages, it's so much weaker.
    20MP -3495% ProbabilityAttacks 6 enemies60% Mastery85 Basic Attack
    85 x 1.58625 + 20 = 154.83125 on a Evan
    120 x 1.4 = 168 on FP mage
    *I don't know the actual speed of these skills, but I'm going to assume they're similar.

Dragon Breath - I'm comparing this to Meteor, as it is in the Dragon's later stages and makes up its strongest mob attack.
    20MP -2830% Probabilityx variable -5Attacks 6 enemies60% Mastery170 Basic Attack

As you can see, Evan doesn't even come close to the mobbing potential on mages. This isn't a mage. It's a warped paladin, a mage wannabe.

Edit: And if AMP is really only 120% like Tikey says, then this mage is even more worthless.
    Last edited by 2147483647; 2009-11-19 at 08:57 AM.

7. Default

does anyone feel that this class is just a combination of all classes? i mean all the skills are really familiar

8. Default

Mob damage jumps quite a bit in the last few master stages (8 to 10).

9. Default

Im playing this class no matter what happens.

10. Default

Edit: Bad question.
    Last edited by GameMX; 2009-11-19 at 09:57 AM.

11. Default

I noticed that Insoya has 120% magic damage for maxed Amp while you have 135%. Is the string different from the actual data?

12. Default

So it is confirmed that there are more heroes...
    Can't wait to see what the Bowman and Pirate does!

13. Default

Wow, now this is definitely a class I can see myself playing. That party buff for -20% magic attack is enough reason alone. It'll be a huge help to classes that need HP washing.

So their job advancements are whenever their dragon grows instead of the typical advancements?

lol bullseye
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Bribery; 2009-11-19 at 09:11 AM.

14. Default

a class worth to make it my second main. At first i thought a windbreaker was worthy of that title until aran got released.. I still thought aran was worthy of the '2nd main' title until i saw this thread :(

15. Default

wow not what I expected at all.

Now I really wonder what they have in store for the Archer Hero...

16. Default

Fiel's Note: Magic Missile

If I do this.
    And we are on Vent.
    Expect me to Nerd-whine MAAAAGGIIICCC MIIISSSILLEE every minute.

17. Default

I totally agree.

I might even make this my first main.

18. Default

lol wait till you see the 3 remaining classes before you make up your mind.

19. Default

Just because these guys have the coolest dragons ever this is my new main.