Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Truthfully I think this is what the mage class should've been in the beginning.

2. Default

Maybe I can agree with you there, but just going by what Aran and Evan look like in comparison to Adventurer classes, it's easy to assume that a Thief, Archer, and Pirate counterpart will be created, and that they'll all be stronger than what they were influenced by.

3. Default

I think that eventually, if these new classes do trump all adventurers, that we'll see an adventurer re-vamp to even things out a bit. It wouldn't be smart business for them to just forget about adventurers because they're another source of income. Making them more appealing wouldn't take much effort, either. At least in comparison to creating entire new classes.

4. Default

How do you think they'd revamp them? I can't begin to imagine what they would do in an attempt to put a sense of balance into this broken as balls game.

5. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

This class is extremely sick, and we are now 100% in need of new animations for Adventurer skills, because those are extremely awesome looking skill animations.

6. Default

[YOUTUBE]jJfOO9WG4Cw[/YOUTUBE]
    From Spadow

Spadow's Blog

7. Default

At lvl 160-180, once you've maxed a skill you go do a long chain of quests, kill a quest boss, and obtain the master level of the skill(shorter cooldown, higher damage, greater range, etc). The Master level could either be added to the beginner skill book with a 1 automatically, or just allow the skill level to be increased to the old max level +1. Took me several minutes to think up that. Just one possibility for powering up the original classes. It's also possible they'd have another skill revamp for the original Adventurer classes. They had one earlier this year, it's not unreasonable for us to have another one.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the Aran's -20% physical damage, and this class's -20% magic damage skills should be entire map buffs much like Echo is?

8. Default

I'm not a developer so honestly, I have no idea. But it's not uncommon for games to go back and bring things up-to-date. I mean, look at how beginners and maple island are constantly changing. Obviously, dealing with Adventurers would be a much bigger task but it's not impossible with some creativity. Didn't we see new animations for old skills, too? Like Magic Claw?

Another good example of trying to keep adventurers up-to-date is what GMS is currently doing with this episodic content. I hate to praise Nexon America but they did a really good job making the first 40 levels stop sucking complete balls, and I'm really excited to see what they will do in the next installment, and how ever many there are to come.

I really think that all of the old content (pre 2008?) needs to undergo a massive renovation. Monsters need changed values (maybe better graphics, too? It seems like that's actually what they're doing by re-releasing old monsters with new looks, but they appear to have another reason for that.) It's really obvious to see what's old content and what's new, and that's a gap that needs to be bridged in order to regain balance for the entire game.

9. Default

This class has quests that give skill points, I hear....

10. Default

Nexon did a really poor job of designing the original mage classes. I see this as a way of them making up for their mistakes.

11. Default

And what of the people who already have Arch Mages? And trained them to over 140?

12. Default

Somehow, I feel disappointed after seeing the gameplay footage in the thread in General MapleStory. So what- it's just a familiar who follows you like other summons, except has equips and acts as the spellcaster for you? So the gameplay really isn't that much different from a normal mage; which was what disappointed me. All this really seems to be to me is a broken mage with critical and amazing skills.

However, there are some great ideas in here to change and improve the gameplay formula behind mages despite being a bit game-breaking seems like it would be interesting to try out. This is clearly a mage that can actually boss- Killing Wing looks like it could be a skill with excellent single target DPS. Not to mention this thing has crit. Having no ultimates is pretty sweet too. These guys have amazing mob capacity, good as if not better than the original mages. I'm also loving the art for this class. Dark Fog" and the Dragon animations look AMAZING. Still looks worth a play for me.

And I agree: I'd like to see for a makeover done to Victoria Island and early maps of Ossyria. The art style change is blatantly obvious, and what's old and new is easily seen; and a bridge would need to create a proper balance in the game.

13. Default

Start over, make use of Blessing, and transfer equips.

While Killing Wing is pretty strong, it's not the strongest single target move this class has. Illusion is the strongest with a base power of 120 (+20 from Soul Dragon, +15 from Magic Expertise) and hits four times.
    Last edited by Tikey; 2009-11-19 at 05:16 PM.

14. Default

Just my opinion after playing other RPGs. Imo mages are supposed to be a good ranged attacking class, or supportive class with a wide array of party buffs and monster debuffs. This class seems more like a mage I'd build in Elder scrolls 4 or something.

I played a mage to lv 81, and I had so many things I think they did wrong when designing the class, and it seems they may have fixed alot of things. We shall see when bossing vids come out.
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2009-11-19 at 05:24 PM.

15. Default

Yeah, because going through 3 years of being KSed, insulted, rejected and generally looked down on but persevering and reaching your goal isn't really that much to go through, who cares if you're made completely obsolete. I think this is ridiculous.

16. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Personally I think that with all of these new classes that we'd be best off finishing the story line for this game and creating a "sequel," with all new classes. All of these new classes (Cygnus, Aran, and now this) all have nicer looking sprites in comparison to that of the original Adventurers. Not even going to bother mentioning how powerful they are as well =/

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Woot! A mage without Ultimates!