Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

Indeed, I was ignorant about some things... Thanks for enlightening me!

2. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

Thanks for these important notes!

3. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

What every mapler should know is that Nexon has no clue about software quality control. I haven't played in 3 years and came back to see what's going on. Same crappy non tested releases as per usual. I suspect that the terms 'unit test' and 'integration test' are foreign concepts to Nexon.

4. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

ok i got it

5. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

Got it

6. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

You know, what I wonder is -- if most of what they do is nothing but checking against a "knowledge base" for C&Pable replies, what is the point of the ticketing system? Like, I've gotten the same "post it on the forums" response thrice in a row to different bug reports, which were all immediately closed with no further reply... why don't they just remove the Bug/Glitch category entirely and direct users to the forums right away instead?

Not that I know how effective the forums are, but since it's the official recommendation...

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

This policy is new.
    The response to a Bug type ticket used to be (after a few months, of course) "I have forwarded this issue to the proper department" or something of the sort. The forums were almost completely ignored. Hime would respond in maybe a handful of threads each month, and usually the response would be "log a ticket"...
    Now they have a lot more people (they don't call them GMs, for some reason) browsing their forums, and decided to get rid of the huge backlog of Bug tickets, assuming that most of them refer to bugs that are no longer relevant (since the content they were in has been removed or drastically changed anyway). So they now send that "if you're still having this problem post it on the forums". Personally I don't like this method because they don't seem to have any system to make sure every thread is seen. Your issue can easily be lost in the spam.

8. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

I see. Yeah, when I went to browse the official forums, I saw that a lot of threadmakers had not bothered to check the Known Issues list first :S

9. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

After reading this I got the impression Nexon wasn't liked or something... Yes I read all this when It directed me to it after registering.

10. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Well, it would seem that their thought-process behind this is "if it's a big enough issue, it'll garner a few pages of a thread, and we'll see it". While not the best possible policy to actually locate ALL issues, it is a far more effective policy than their previous one, which was "ignore all issues regardless of their severity (unless absolutely game-breaking)". I think they're improving quite a large deal there, so yeah.

They've realized that their manpower cannot possibly handle the large amount of tickets, and have decided it is far better to centralize all reports in the forums. This is a smart decision that considers the resources at hand.

11. Electron Male
    IGN: DarknnXcross
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 12X
    Job: UA Marksman
    Guild: Resurrection
    Alliance: Awaken

I agree the point of this game is to have FUN.

12. Default Re: What Every Mapler Should Know

Good notes - even for a veteran Mapler like me :)