Thread: Horntail Help

1. xDae

Default Horntail Help

I was gonna post this in the general section but I guess it might go here. Feel free to move it

Anyway, I tried going to Horntail again. As usual the run is going great, little to no lag. Then once again, as soon as we are left head with about 4x% left, I dc. I dont even lag for a few seconds and then dc. It was just fade to black, then immediately fade in the sign in screen

System Stats:
    Gateway M-6750 Laptop
    Processor: Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66 GHz 1.67 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 3062 MB
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Is it my laptop? Or is it just luck of the draw: Sometimes you dc for no reason, other times you dont?

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Default

I hear there's beed a DC hack out there, which hackers may have been using to annoy HT squads with. Supposedly, disabling whispers/chats helps protect you against it, but that's just a rumour and I don't know if it's true or not.

I don't know what graphics card you have, but your laptop looks fine to me. You might be getting that so called "Vista DC glitch", but I don't know much about it. Some people say that alt tabbing out of the game before the DC helps them avoid the glitch. Others mention something about changing the graphics quality during the battle. I assume you've fully updated Vista? What about all of your drivers?

3. xDae

I Vista and all my drivers are up to date. Though if I dont alt tab during Zakum I still DC, soo maybe I should try alt tabbing at Horntail? But if so, which part?

4. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

If I were you, I'd take a little look at the sticky in this section that's all about 'Speeding up your computer'. The tips you see there should help you out a lot.

5. xDae

The problem didnt seem to be speed though. I mean like I said I was hardly lagging at all and then BAM dc...but I will do all of those things and see if it helps