Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Nice! How did I know this was coming? x)

I like the sauna.gibbed.us layout more, though. >.o

2. Default

Ah... that's nice! 0.58 references on our own site. XD

Hm... I thought so. Only Character, Mob and NPC.

It seems that Fiel's started on Maps, but haven't gotten around to uploading.

I was hoping for the complete set. xD

3. Default

He's actually uploading it right now. In the index of the data files, http://www.southperry.net/database/ - you'll see a .7z.filepart file. That be the maps. Right now it's bigger than the others (at 200 mb, whilst the biggest of the others, mobs, is only at 138), so I guess it won't take too much time 'til it's done.

Yeah, I'm bored and investigate stuff like this.

Actually, considering Fiel said this was all for now, mebe I'm looking into this too much and they're just being uploaded for no reason at all.
    ?!
    I like how I edited that in just after Fiel posted.
    Last edited by Insane; 2008-08-06 at 02:04 PM. Reason: ...;-;

5. Default

Smart man. The Maps has another hour of uploading left, then I have to extract and chmod.

6. Custom User Title
    IGN: Will
    Level: 20
    Job: Metalworker
    Guild: Boston
    Alliance: Massachusetts
    usa

Oh, that is actually really cool. Good show old chap.

Also, it would be wise to put a link to it somewhere else (such as the main page)

7. Default

I've added watermarks to about half of the images in the database. Turns out I've had a few scrapers come by and start mass downloading stuff. I want to at least get credit for the bandwidth and technical know-how used.

8. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

Couple of questions Fiel....

First of all are the maps going to be bigger than what shows up? Like if we wanted to use them for sigs, comics, whatnot? And 2nd the other images you have with watermarks, if we see something that we like and want to use it for the above reason's as well, my we request the image without a watermark?

10. Default

the only thing that's in the data are minimaps. Full size maps would require a Map Renderer (which isn't a big deal) and a lot of time (Which is a problem). Additionally map renders don't typically have backgrounds so that would still be some trouble.

11. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

Oh ok Thanks alot Isaac. Also what about just like objects from maps? Trees, flowers, etc that have the watermark on it?

12. Default

Thats nice Fiel <33
    Keep it up @_@

13. Helium Atom
    IGN: XDrifter10
    Server: BROA
    Level: 62
    Job: Cleric
    Guild: BasilMarket
    Alliance: BasilHero

Is it possible to make the water marks a bit more subtle?

Maybe a DATABASE donation feature that allows you to Download Images without Water Marks?

14. Default

How about a CAPTCHA and/or making downloading non-watermarked images members-only?

15. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

I love Fiel. I love Fiel. Did I say that I love Fiel?

Edit: Seems like people want a more easier-to-understand-database. I should be able to do that, just give me some time to sleep. Preferably 24 hrs.
    Last edited by Devil's Sunrise; 2008-08-12 at 06:26 AM.

17. Default

I plan to have a database for all of the WZ files.

19. Default

i can see you are using the dump.py. i can easily get it to extract into a more user friendly format (using css and better site layout). i could even get it into mysql. the site design will be easy then and you can change it easily. so if you need help send me the dump.py file. i'm currently starting as a web designer so i know my stuff. or another option if i dumped it in xml then i could get php to read that so you don't have to worry about the mysql parameters and like mysql you can change site design whenever you like.

i haven't managed to crack the new encryption. converting java to python is just to hard (especially when there are parts missing(lily)) and using raw data i get from demswz (well I'm not very good with archive formats)

20. Default

Is it possible to get monsters from other versions in there, such as time temple monsters, without making copies all the other stuff already in global, like slimes, pigs, and mushrooms?