View Poll Results: Has Nexon improved since they published their Open Letter?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Yes! They've really, really stepped up their game.

7 3.87%
  • 4 Stars - Definitely improved, but Nexon still isn't great.

60 33.15%
  • 3 Stars - Meh... they're okay. They've done some good things, some bad.

62 34.25%
  • 2 Stars - Not really. it's still the same ol' Nexon.

33 18.23%
  • 1 Star - Nexon sucks and has gotten even worse.

19 10.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Is Nexon following through with their Open Letter?

Re-evaluation time!

Please read this thread before voting on the poll.

To have a look back in time at a previous topic like this polling topic, check here.

2. Default

Hackers - ok.
    Private servers - shrug.
    Customer service - better, not good yet.
    Bug free game updates, Tespia - nope.

According to your rating scheme, that means 4 stars - they've improved, but it's still Nexon.

3. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

Look, i say 3 because i belive they have made some positive steps to comunicate with the players this is shown with facebook/twitter ect. Now i may be wrong but there has also been alot more events then i can remember? not sure on last point but seems like it.

but the issue is things like rankings false banning, tickets ect. Nexon should not be having issues like this, it makes me as a player/patron feel that they don't care about us thus destroying all positive steps they had taken up to this point. i think there needs to be more communication via twitter and facebook its just not good enough to make an account and throw up competitions every other day.

They also need to work out all these bugs on the site and in game. don't they test something before sending it out?

Thats just my point of view.

Edit: i based this on Maple, i keep forgetting they have other games..and according to Mark DFO has issues, and Combat Arms you need NX to do anything...
    Last edited by ThatWasMyKil; 2009-10-31 at 07:06 PM.

4. Default

I lol'd at the fact that no one voted 5.

They're getting better, but there's still room for improvement. Like those bugs... Some of them are getting on my nerves.

5. Default

I do not define greed as a good service. I gave them a 1. Stuff they've done in the last few months to make money has totally ruined MS.
    - Making mts harder to use for reasons that made no sense
    - Adding that stupid cash shop gacha thing and spamming about it (Though they do get some points for removing the spam I guess)
    - Some of the cashshop items they've added, like adding slots to items, locks to protect items (I realise this is kinda old), and those 50% scrolls.

Also, some certain problem they ignore related to 7z.exe and vista in one of their other games says a lot... (I've never played that game due to the 7z.exe stuff, but I also think that the heavy IP blocking and the fact that the game is launched from their website instead of clicking a pretty looking .exe is a bit questionable)
    Last edited by Heidi; 2009-10-31 at 07:13 PM.

6. Default

i voted one only because of crap load of people i know got banned in a cwk run. they werent hacking, didnt have any 3rd part programs open, and got banned out of no where. all of them logged tickets asked to either shorten the ban or repeal it. nexon denied said they had to serve a full ban and said "it's not our fault, it was you guys".

7. Default

Even with new content, they have the same old glitches. Same old idiocy. Same old Nexon.
    Props for content, but not enough to counter their faults. 2. :>

8. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Hackers really are rare it seems now.

Private Servers? Really dont know.

Customer Service...Id say its improved a little, but not much. I had an issue where someone had gotten ahold of my BMs Nexon ID and Password, and my email. He emailed me asking for the Pin for the account, to which I replied a big F-U, and told him im sending his email and contact name attached to the email to Nexon. So after waiting a good 2-3 weeks for a reply from Nexon (after taking a few hours to even get the dam thing submitted without error), i come to find that they deleted the Ticket without even giving me a reply of thanks or anything. So its hard to say when you got that situation happening to you...

Tespia never came back as far as we know, and no word of it for widespread in house testing either.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

There's only 2 patches left until the end of the year. If tespia doesn't happen, i'll consider their open letter a failure.

10. Perma-Banned

IGN: I quit MS
    Server: but don't
    Level: see
    Job: why people
    Guild: exaggerate about
    Alliance: it...

This

Never cared much for tespia though so I'm stuck between 3 and 4... but recently the GMs are a LOT more active then they used to be so... i think 4....

11. Default

Perhaps I just have low standards, but I honestly think that nexoon's doing a pretty competent job.

Hackers-They're working on it, banning them botters and whatnot. Only thing I can think of is DC hacking, but whatever. Heck, they even did something about those AC'ers with this fm kicking system thingy.

Private Servers-They're trying their best, and more importantly, they're inserting new content to keep customers. I'd say they're doing okay here.

Customer Service-Perhaps its just me, but I've ALWAYS gotten replies to my tickets...I've never had an automated reply and always got the answers I was looking for. Glitches are being compensated, 2x exp given for their own delays, what's not to expect?

Tespia-okay, Tespia itself hasnt been released, but they're catching the glitches pretty fast. Sure, in a perfect world, they'd catch these glitches <before> releasing the game, but Im fine with them fixing it up a few hours after its release.

Content-Lots of new stuff is being released (Ex. Malaysia, etc.) and these events with the pots and tokens is certainly fun. Permanent CS items are nice, and all of this is building towards being able to take down pink bean effectively. Sure it might be "game breaking", but that's what the evolution of the game is.

Fact of the matter is, they've stepped up their game in my opinion. They're improving drastically, though that's because they were so bad in the past. What theyre doing now is enough for me to give them a 5, lol.

12. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

theyve taken 2 or 3 steps forward, but theyre always making 4 steps backwards with each step.

13. Default

Game breaking is not the developement of a game. Games are supposed to have goals and skill involved. But now someone who has NX can get MW30, which used to only be dropped by PB, which was one of the reasons to try it. The belt thing just allows the strong and game obsessed to become even MORE powerful than the rest of the community. Those who have more time and more money will be able to get coins easier, and then will be able to make themselves stronger. It also makes it harder for some classes, since classes like MM can instantly 1hko any area boss, leaving others no chance.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Uh, pretty much anyone over 140 can kill most area bosses in seconds anyway.

15. Default

They still didn't open Tespia as they promised, and that's enough for me to give them such a bad rating.

I have many other reasons to do so, like their lack of creativity for the exclusive content (quests and such), etc.

The Customer Service improved a little, but it still sucks.

No communication between the company and the users. People can't have their questions answered after NxProse and NxJoeW quitted NEXON's staff. We can't get to know anything like "is Tespia REALLY going to be opened anytime soon?", and when we ask a GM in-game (e.g.: some people who asked it to GMs after winning that answer-to-a-question-and-win event) they just say "I can't say anything about that" or "Patience". More like, "I don't know", isn't it, NEXON GMs?

16. Water
    IGN: Fumni/AcerSavita
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 16X
    Job: Ketchup
    Guild: Resonance
    Alliance: Everybody Leeches
    New_Jersey

Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms, greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Nexon, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

I voted 4 btw.

17. Default

This sums up my thoughts, pretty much.

18. Default

Especially this one. Every ticket I've logged has gotten a response.
    @Christopher
    How long are they banned?

19. Default

I really just wish to know how things happen down there in the nexon offices. How content is developed, who calls the shots, and obviously I'd like more interaction between the players/customers and the GMs/employees. What we had before with NxProse seemed good; why don't they brink that back?

As for private servers, I don't think it damages Nexon at all. It hardly did with Ragnarok, and with World of Warcraft, and with tons of other games for which private servers exist. I don't see what's the fuss over them; other companies don't care, and don't waste their time pursuing that matter.

Hackers are definitely disappearing, but bans aren't. Either they are widening the reasons that can cause bans, or they are having false positives somewhere along the way; the CWK thing is one of them. More flexibility on appealing bans and actual consideration to bans caused by glitches would be decent.

Tespia not coming back is a huge issue. Most asian-based servers have a test version, and it works out fine for them. I understand that, sometimes, people play on the test versions just so they can achieve their dreams of having high level characters and whatnot, but that could be easily avoided with a penalty for people who play a certain amount of time and don't submit anything. I dunno what it could be, but it would encourage people to actually test.

All in all, Nexon is bringing content, solving hackers' problems and other things here and there, yet the customer interaction is still absolute pomegranate. I gave them a 2.

20. Default

I gave them 2 stars but after some thought I should have given them a 1. On the surface it may appear they are doing good things but all the latest events have just been NX whoring. If you look below the facade the game is getting worse.