View Poll Results: Has Nexon improved since they published their Open Letter?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Yes! They've really, really stepped up their game.

7 3.87%
  • 4 Stars - Definitely improved, but Nexon still isn't great.

60 33.15%
  • 3 Stars - Meh... they're okay. They've done some good things, some bad.

62 34.25%
  • 2 Stars - Not really. it's still the same ol' Nexon.

33 18.23%
  • 1 Star - Nexon sucks and has gotten even worse.

19 10.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

I see less hackers than I used to, customer service still sucks, patches are filled with bugs 99% of the time (thanks to no Tespia still) and most of the big, popular private servers have been taken down. The gameplay is slightly better, I suppose, but there's still a lot of room to improve yourself, Nexon.

2. Default

I gave them 5. They are STILL a company that earns a LOT of money. If they were doing a bad job, they wouldn't be as successful as they are.

• I only log on for a few minutes every few days now but I haven't seen a hacker for ~6 months.
    • Private servers are, hopefully, a thing of the past.
    • Customer Service; you got to understand that we are millions of players. Their automated system is not good but it's, at least, something. They are trying harder to communicate with their players with the constant Notices on the website.
    • Bugs, every game has it. Tespia is a waste of time that only delays content and creates more in-game drama than anything else. At least they fix the annoying bugs in a day or two.

This game has lots of whiners that forget about one important thing: The game is free of charge.

5 stars.

3. Neutron
    IGN: PichuBro4
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16X
    Job: Dork Knight
    Guild: AwesomeOnes
    Alliance: N/A

Customer Sevice isn't great, not much if any improvement, but hackers aren't nearly as numerous as in the past. Private Servers aren't around as much as they used to for sure. As for Tespia.. well I really don't care because everyone who goes to Tespia save for a few players just wants to live as a high level and doesn't actually search for bugs.

4/5 here.

4. Default

Seriously guys, stop using "Free of charge" as an excuse to every second problem. Just because maple is free of charge, it doesn't mean that Nexon can do whatever the pineapple they want, ignore the customers and glitch this game from here until next year, and it will still count as being "5 stars" just because it's free of charge.

5. Default

Especially when you, as a customer, payed money for extra service. The iTCG Glitch for example.

6. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

If only everyone on those forums made those kind of threads.

2, because i like pirates.

7. Default

I feel.. that you are wrong.

Sure, most of them probably do, but not everyone.

That's why I suggested them to choose testers more carefully for the next rounds. HAHA. Next rounds. Yeah, like if they're going to open Tespia again, ever.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2009-11-03 at 05:55 AM.

8. Default

anyways

3/5 from me

improvements in some areas, decline in others

really i think just having a staff that understands the game would help it immensely, i cant help but shake my head sometimes at some of the poorly conceived ideas that roll out there

9. Default

Hmm... overall, 2/5. Certainly not enough upsides to cover enough for the downsides, but not a 1/5 because there has been work done.

Hackers - Well, as long as the game exists, there will always be hackers, but at least effort is put into dealing away with the SKers and what not. This promise is perhaps the best that has been done. 4/5

Private Servers - How should I say this... if the original game had been good, then there would not be that much need for Private Servers. After all, speaking from personal experience, it is the original game's horrible conditions that drove people to Private Servers, so fix up the original game, the Private Server problem would be fixed (to a certain extent anyway).

After all, it is kind of hard to get people to cooperate with Nexon when the people themselves have a reason to hate Nexon. Take this for example, anybody who is using Nexon's service is bound to be very disappointed, and if people go to Private Servers due to that, I really do not blame them.

Futhermore, anybody who knows Nexon well enough, and then sees them posting this Propaganda will both laugh and rage at how they worded it, considering how little improvements have been made (which connects with the next point).
    2/5

Customer Service - Ticketing system is still the same, server being overloaded is still the same, auto-responses are still there... Nope, nothing has improved.

Not to mention for worlds like Scandalia where the Horntail cave has been held by a guild* for about a year, the ticketing system failed to get their attention, causing much stress on those who cannot fight Horntail and get the needed skillbooks (always the option of buying them for hundreds of millions, but not everyone has that much money, and also that if it fails big QQ. Another note is the the only holders of the skillbooks was the guild who held the cave anyway). Yet, Nexon never replied or done anything (Hey look, Karma got Nexon, they ignore Horntail abuse, they get ignored with PS issue), which was preventable only if they had a better customer service. Really, I find it hard to believe that it really takes one year to fix the timer in Horntail's cave. Unless Nexon really does suck that much, but if that is the case, then there should be no opinions and we would all be saying that they clearly suck.

I connect this with the Private Server issue, had Nexon done better with customer service, maybe people would not be so discouraged by problems such as the one with Scandalia's HT and left for Private Servers.
    0/5

Spoiler

Tespia - What do you know, this is purely an empty promise just to create a false hope for us. By the way things are, it would be a miracle to even see a mention of Tespia since there are more bothered with Maple Leaf Brigade.

Anyway, Tespia... was much needed. If only Tespia had been around to flesh out all the bugs so that it would not cause unnecessary confusion. Honestly, some bugs are easily fixed, but yet are not fixed until a later date or not at all even (Hammering of Horntail Pendants, Typhon bannings, CrimsonWood Party Quest Glitch, Dark Token droppings, etc.)
    0/5

Other - At the end of the letter, they said something about people doubting their sincerity and that they understand and their actions speak louder than words, but honestly, I was right in doubting their sincerity as their actions to fulfill their promises have been mediocre at best.

One more thing that I would like to make note of is the advertisement of scam sites and the amount of players falling for it. Nexon has wised up and disabled commentsin announcements, but that does not stop players from using Smega to advertise them. Of course, common sense tells you that it is an obvious scam, but lets take a look at some of events Nexon has been doing: Miwok "Gach" event, New Mounts, Premium Items, Cash Shop Surprise, Gold/Silver Box event, etc. What do all these have in common? Why, NX is involved, so it is little surprise that people fall for the scamming sites that gets you free NX, simply because all these "Events!" are mostly NX-related. Believe it or not, advertising is powerful, so these when all these "events" go on, but people have no NX, that's where the scamming sites come in and target the audience's weakness of being NX-less.

Let's also take a look at the MTS, it was going fine with the 100NX + 10% fee, but the patch of raising it to 500NX + 7% fee and their reasoning made no sense. Storage for items? Yeah, it costs 5000 Mesos to upload, which is easy to obtain, this is not post-beta oMS anymore, so many people still use it as a storage of course. Obviously, many of us can see Nexon's intent sticking out like a drop of black ink on a white surface, that is, to tax away more NX so people would buy more, and in turn get them more Money. No word has ever been said about this issue, which leaves you to conclude that they really are just after more money instead of preventing using MTS as a storage (Increasing the Upload fee to 25 - 50k per item would be a more reasonable way to prevent usage as a storage).

Of course, there are many other issues related to Nexon, but many have been spoken (Community interaction, forum GM activity, etc) already, so I will leave it here. Again, putting my overall score for them at 2/5 for improving some, but not enough to go jumping for. Though the Open Letter was posted 04-17-2009, and it has not been a full year since that time yet, so there is still a chance that Nexon will improve.

10. Default

Whoops. Didn't notice that. Sorry.

How can I say it, I can't agree more with you.

11. Default

More like Nexon purposely broke its ticketing system. Nexon's ticketing system reminds me of certain websites which purposely redirects people to ad sites 4/5ths of the time and only leads to the mentioned site 1/5th of the time. Those things are programmed that way. What's to say Nexon's ticketing system isn't?

I highly doubt Nexon's servers are overloaded 24/7, especially at 3am in the morning.

12. Default

Well, maybe they aren't awake at 3AM, and the tickets keep flooding in, adding to the total.

Just a crazy thought.