View Poll Results: Has Nexon improved since they published their Open Letter?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Yes! They've really, really stepped up their game.

7 3.87%
  • 4 Stars - Definitely improved, but Nexon still isn't great.

60 33.15%
  • 3 Stars - Meh... they're okay. They've done some good things, some bad.

62 34.25%
  • 2 Stars - Not really. it's still the same ol' Nexon.

33 18.23%
  • 1 Star - Nexon sucks and has gotten even worse.

19 10.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

I gave them three.

The good: Solely releasing new content.

The bad: Oh god where do I start. The one thing I'll take the time to mention right now is the "We're fighting hackers" and these dc hacks ruining the game.

2. Default

I have very low standards and generous so I gave them 3 stars. The new content looks great and all, but at the same time, the NX content percentage feels like it has increased and the game just seems to feel more unbalaced/broken.

3. Default

They only give a damn about private servers because dissatisfied nonpaying members join them and when the game is left with cashpapayas with no one to sell their cashpomegranate to, they lose their advantage and become dissatisfied paying members who then leave for private servers. >_>

4. Default

I voted a 3.

Whether or not hackers still exist in mini-dungeons or PQs out of sight, they are still for the most part out of sight. I remember when I'd find them on darn near every channel at popular training spots in Bera. I hope that never happens again, or my rating would swiftly drop to a 1.

I've actually gotten a response on the two tickets I've sent, but I also have another friend who's been hit with the auto-ban glitch every time it's been around. I don't know how I dodge the bullet, makes me nervous...

Either way, I've seen the game in a worse state than it is now, so 3 is what they get. Considered 2, but I felt 2 might've been too harsh, even for Nexon...

They have a pineappleton of work to do if I am to give them a 4, however.

5. Default

They're doing pretty good. Hackers really aren't a problem anymore, aside from DC/spot hacking. Releasing permanent NX is a HUGE step forward, even if it's only a little bit at a time, and they've outdone themselves this year patchwise. I can't even think of all of the things we've received this year; Pirates, skill updates, Family system, Medals, Cygnuses, Item Maker, just to name a few.

Their biggest problem as of now has been their biggest problem since 2004. Server drama such as cave/altar holding, scamming, advertisement smegas, etc pretty much goes ignored. I gave them a 4.

I see that you gave them 1 star, Fiel. Tell us what you think about all of this.

6. Default

4. I'm reluctant to give anything a 5/5 or similar ever. I've not had any problems with nexon, so I don't see why I should give any lower.

7. Default

Gave them 3... Great that they eliminated the worst hacking, but I can't really give higher because they have 0 insight in the servers and their community.
    Had I run a game, I'd crack down on the people that get away with dupe, glitching, hacking etc. If u act like scum and hog the altar, flaunt glitched/duped weapons etc you should get an undisputable perma ban for your char as well as your IP. Until they take action and eliminate the worst elements on the server, they can never get higher than 3. This would even be bad enough to give them a 2 if not for permanent CS items and overall decent patching this year.

8. Default

www.**********.*** 10mil/$1@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

nope nexon hasn't improved

9. Default

Voted 2 because they are still bugging every patch and acting like complete morons, but now they can't even properly write a storyline or translate text. Only thing they have done is get rid of hackers, which I never cared about because I don't train where hackers are. All getting rid of hackers did IMO is a massive skillbook inflation.

10. Default

Nexon has been horrible with customer service lately. Most of its GMs merely copy and paste pre-written text (which sometimes results in errors such as this.

To Nexon, virtual money is nothing, but everyone who still has those lock-glitched items was either ignored or given a crap compensation.

Nexon is delivering content, but most of it's copy-and-paste anyways, so you can't attribute it to Nexon, as we'd get the content anyway. The only content Nexon has made in these last few months are the gacha boxes, viscious' hammers, and the 100%/50% scrolls, which weren't released to help the players, but as a money ploy.

Their ticketing system is still glitched, as I find it highly unlikely that their server remains broken for this long:

It almost makes me think that Nexon did this purposely to discourage people from making tickets.

Nexon's employees still don't mod Nexon's own forum, and the company as a whole is slowly replacing all of its minimum-wage workers with volunteers.

11. Default

Better? A bit yes. Even though I haven't really come across problems with Maple, I do see some improvements.

Worst? I dont' really think so. The fact that they made some improvements and at the same time made some more problems kinda equals out the worst part.

So I gave a 3.

12. Default

I voted three, but now that I think about it, it should've been a two or one purely because of the CWK autoban. I actually can't gain experience at a normal rate without spending money, be it bombing Elder Wraiths or leeching. I broke even at Typhons, and now those're out.

13. Default

I sense a lot of Nexon hate in this thread.
    Last edited by DualReaver; 2009-11-01 at 02:56 PM.

14. Helium Atom
    IGN: HalTurner
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 172
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Eternity
    Alliance: Infinity

Where's my CWKPQ?

15. Default

MapleStory is so much more pay-to-enjoy nowadays.

Oh yeah, www.*******.com selling CHEAP EMSO POWRLVL @@@@@516

16. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

I guess people here don't view DC hacking as a problem...

17. Default

As far as the Maplestory section of the forum is concerned, Hime and Tibaroo are active(ish- they only work on weekdays) mods.

18. Default

Hime goes on to deny service to the people who become frustrated enough to post on their forums. Tibaroo just posts in other sections and ignores Maple. The person you see doing the most work is Grant, and he's not even a Nexon employee.

Hime and Tibaroo basically evaded every major thread on the Nexon forums. They ignored the elemental weapon thread Eos made a long time ago. They ignored the Magatia bans. They ignore the CWK autoban threads. They ignore the item expiration glitch threads. The list goes on and on.

19. Default

Mmh.. you forgot about threads like THIS.

20. Default

I gave them a 2, but after reading the other posts I realize I should have made it a 1.

And yeah, Nexon's own forum is pretty much useless. The only time GM's post is in trivial threads, or to close a thread and ban someone who dares to complain about their treatment. And as in the linked example, there are always Nexon toadies spamming any complaint/plead thread.

To me the false autobans are more of an issue that hackers. If your favourite map is full of hackers, you can go somewhere else. If you get autobanned, you're gone with no hope of repeal (tickets ignored or autoanswered)