Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

lol boss only fail. scanians kill all the bosses in like the first 10 minutes after the patch is done. what do we do now? camp at mini bosses only for some d-bag to come and ks your crap? that sounds like fun. AND time worthy.

2. Default

I have no idea how to even get an attack belt anymore, considering we need 100 for a scroll, and each boss drops only 1. That's almost impossible to pull off. Now all those high levels with 5+ att belts won't be able to be stopped, and it will cost billions to get one of those belts.

3. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

In case you didn't see my post in Amherst, I got 2 Tokens from a boss.

4. Default

I wonder if Nexon will do anything about all these belts that have been "abused" so far. It'd be interesting to see them all wiped, lol.

While it's understandable that people did this without knowing it was a glitch (and really, there was no way of knowing), that doesnt change the fact that they <were> glitched and shouldnt have been made in the first place. Then again, this is nexon we're talking about. Nothing will happen and everyone will go on their merry way.

As for this whole "tokens only dropping from bosses are ridiculous" blah blah blah... you know what else is ridiculous? An 11 atk belt that is virtually free to make. I mean...this IS one attack...why should it be able to be acquired ALONG with 3 chaos scrolls in the same time it'd take to get a white belt? If these belts had an expiry date, sure. However, as they are, they're overpowered and they're not something that should be acquired at such an easy amount of difficulty. If you REALLY wanted it? You'd go hunt them bosses for it. It's a potentially overpowering item, so what's wrong with having to work for it?

5. Default

But it isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. Each boss has an 80% drop rate, and now that it's limited to boss only the bosses will be farmed as often as possible. How are friends supposed to help when the tokens are not tradeable? It is a great event, but it's failing to deliver by making it nearly impossible to most players to even come close to attaining. I think you're completely missing the point as to why this is a big deal.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Well, we have a month.

7. Default

Camping bosses is NOT challenging, it's downright IMPOSSIBLE, unless each Mushmom drops like 100 Tokens, then it will be tolerable. Even in that case, all it brings will be drama and, what else, you ask? More drama. Getting tokens from a normal infinitely available monster is the most beautiful thing they can ever do, the only glitch was the retarrdedly good droprate. Which isn't avoidable:

- Ooh, I think it's justifiable to hunt Newtie for tokens because hunting them from bosses will just be purely insane.
    - Omg they're dropping so many, this must be a glitch. What now? I hate glitches and I don't want to abuse this. Ooh, I know, I'll just ignore 8 out of the 10 Tokens that drop.

8. Default

I was at newties for about 4 hours, and it never hit me that this could have been a glitch. All I heard was that Jr. Newties were good for the tokens, so I went there. Rolling back the Belts wouldn't be an issue, it would just get some people mad. But banning for glitch abuse shouldn't happen.

9. Default

Lol, They need to just increase the rate on bosses a bit.

And make them drop at a lower rate from some monsters. Not 75% of the time, as with newties.

10. Default

Changing the subject for a second:

Anyone else greatly relieved by this?

11. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Yep, this was a pretty major glitch, good to know that Nexon took.. less than 12 hours to (attempt to) fix this glitch.

12. Default

I would be fine if they took away all of the belts. I don't wanna get banned, cause all I heard was that Newties dropped them.

13. Default

Limiting to bosses is just a little extreme, especially on busy servers. I realize the drop rate was ridiculous, but at least have some way of at least getting them constantly. The droprate should be nerfed, not taken out altogether.

And if they got rid of the stupid tax (back to the old one), it would help a ton more than it does now. lol 1 prior use was a joke.

14. Neutron
    IGN: motomage
    Level: 18x
    Job: I/L arch mage
    Guild: Forsaken
    Alliance: Honour/Pirates

I agree its not an item you cant hand out, but seriously... you can want with all your might, but boss only shuts out almost everyone in most servers. even here in bellocan, the high levels in the main guilds will camp and ks, they'll justify it by saying that their doing what they need to do to get where they need to go.

You'll end up with some players just hogging everything they can for profit. Theres enough in fighting amoungest a small group of high levels here who argue over boss availability. Throw in an item like attack belts, i imagine that drama is just going to be amplfied in the weeks to come as people get desperate and more competitive over every mini boss in the friggin game.

The tokens are already untradable, so what would would be the difference in making them rare drops from all level enemies (giving everyone a fair shake) vs a one target enemy that spawns once an hour and can be taken out by a high level player in one key stroke.

How is that fun or even near fair to most people who play the game? you might as well just say its an event only certain high levels in certain high level guilds should have a chance of acquiring, because that'll be the reality of it @____@
    Last edited by motomage; 2009-10-22 at 09:08 PM.

15. Default

They should make the tokens drop from more monsters at a rather low rate (say 0.5-1% chance), reduce the token cost per item to 20% of their current value, or possibly make dojo boss mobs drop them at a 10-20% rate.. Having to hunt for 100 area bosses to make and fully scroll one belt, or train at some area for 3 hours to make a belt seems reasonable to me. The method they've come up with is just completely idiotic.

Also, if they don't change to any of those, and remove the belts, I demand unnerfed Scarlion and Targa helms .

16. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

aww man I was gonna try to make a 10attack belt over the weekend i guess my 3 attack belt will have to do for now.

17. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Ishrizu
    Server: Destiny MS
    Level: ???
    Job: ???
    Guild: ???

nexon is stupid for fixing newtie token drop, now there will be chaos at boss maps.

18. Default

Screw it, I'm gonna just beat the hell out of Snowman, and y'all better get out of my way.

19. Default

Really guys? It was pretty clearly a glitch. I knew it was a glitch when I was doing it, and I enjoyed it. Normally I steer clear of glitch abuse but I couldn't help myself.

I still don't feel bad for the reasons mentioned so many times. It's impossible to camp a boss for a long enough time to get anything decent from this event. And it's an event, it should be FUN not FRUSTRATING. Look at the other parts of this event: a JQ that's hardly worth it and a PQ that literally can't be completed unless you manage to track down two of the other 18 doll holders. Not only is the PQ absolutely impossible to get into, but once you do you're limited to 3 times a day with a doll drop rate of 2 - 5 per kill. Meaning you're obligated to come back there at least 5 times to reap your reward. It's just artificially extending an already painful event.

Sorry, last time I checked, events weren't about getting UBER-L33T EQUIPS, they were about having fun. They've turned them into a competition, and not even a good one. It's about who's most powerful and most willing to not shower for however long it takes to get that extra 1 attack. I just wanted to get my event items, and I did. Making it retardedly difficult for casual players to participate in events is a worthless move by Nexon.
    Last edited by Sarah; 2009-10-22 at 09:15 PM.