Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

What'd I tell you, Matt(Reaver)?

2. Default

hahaha. WORK FOR IT.

Sorry but there's a very limited amount of boss monsters and very large amount of greedy children. Not to mention the costs are obscene. Sticking to a single boss will net you at best 38 tokens every 45 minutes. That's under the VERY best conditions (no intruders, 2 per boss instead of 1.)

Sorry, but this isn't an accessible event by any means and it was nice that we managed to get a break because Nexon screwed up. It's probably the best mistake they've made in a while, and they make a LOT.

As a matter of fact, I feel so much of a sense of entitlement I'd go as far as saying that they owed us the chance to get easy tokens because of all of the pomegranate they're constantly pulling, even if it was only for 12 hours.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

That's gonna be impossible. Bosses only drop at a ~60-80% rate. Factor in their long spawn times, the amount of people hunting for the tokens, and the amount of tokens needed for a belt...without any competition, it'll already have taken around 12 hours.

You also have to factor in the chance it takes to get a decent belt or hat. That's like....3 tries.

I estimate 12 hours without competition, so 36 hours with competition (a very rough estimate), so it'll be 108 hours spent on Maplestory just hunting Area bosses.

Plus the fact that the people who "abused" the glitch gets off scotch free.

4. Default

Oh, I actually thought that wasn't a glitch. Well, those who already have att belts, grats to you. I personally find that having these tokens drop only from bosses makes them unreasonably hard to get. Servers are too busy for that.

But whatever, I guess. Least it will balance the amount of belts in the game.

There's a difference between "working" for it and simply KSing the pomegranate out of whoever is waiting for the bosses too. Nobody below 120 will be able to have much of a chance of getting any coins now, if only minibosses drop them. Everyone will be stalking minibosses to get their coins.

Just out of curiosity, how often did those coins drop from Jr.Newties?
    Last edited by Spideyjvc; 2009-10-22 at 08:45 PM.

5. Default

Made an 8 m.att 5 speed belt. Too bad I'm a warrior.

I kinda think its unfair that they pretty much took these things to an impossible level.

6. Default

Hmm I killed 2 Bigfoots before I realized newties dropped em. Each dropped 1 token....

7. Default

Yeah! Thats what I'm worryed about... Fiel said there was nothing wrong with the data... Which I know nothing about >_<. eos367, could you take a look at the topic "Jonas "JonasPresence 3"" And see if you see anything wrong with the data... It might just be a server sided problem...

8. Default

Just watch, Nexon will add in a new note soon:

"All players who got belts/rewards from Dark Tokens will have everything rolled back and banned for one month."

XD Just kidding. Still, it was rather necessary to fix up many of thos exploits. Still, a patch to fix it all eh... Wow, v0.77 did not last very long did it?

9. Default

wait.. does this mean we all get our key nx back? o_o

10. Default

Aww, that sucks. At least I did Newtie killing before I got d/c'd from the game. xD

About 300ish Tokens during the last 15-20 minutes..

11. Default

i was only able to make a 7 attack but that will do i guess

12. Default

Lol, a lot of high levels abused it to have 10+ atk belts. It may or may never happen. :/

13. Default

Lols, I made a 4att 2 slot Belt right before the SC started. If you're still on and the SC boots you without manually logging off yourself, you don't get roll back'd right?

14. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: DamyouAL
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: ALandCrew
    Alliance: NaR
    Farm: https://vgtnyc.com

WOOOOT thx nexon, right after HT wings die, put their notice for server check ~~.....

15. Default

Great...NEXON made us fail HT...pomegranate...

16. Default

I wish.

17. Default

God damn it! I was looking forward to making a really good attack belt. This patch will severely thwart my ability to do so.

18. Default

Some people's keys didn't open boxes and disappeared.

19. Default

I HATE MY TIME ZONE, SERIOUSLY WHAT THE pineapple? I EVEN MADE SURE I GOT UP EARLY TO DO THE DAM QUESTS BUT NO, THERE HAS TO BE A GLITCH I MISSED OUT ON AND WHEN I STARTED TO DO iT THEY HAD TO FIX IT RIGHT AWAY!!?!?! GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME?!?!

20. Default

It's not like I'm a stranger to encountering people who hog bosses all around the games continents--I know very well how that goes. I often get my channels stolen right outta my hands.

But the fact that they created this event out of air, by themselves, with awesome prizes (at least to me, even if the latter two are practically useless), that includes an ATT belt that basically makes Dojo obsolete. They wanted it to be challenging--thus they made it so that it WAS challenging. And it shouldn't be easy, either.

Perhaps I'm just blind, but I don't see what 'pomegranate' they've been doing to us players, lately. Glitches? Sure, but that happens often with any game and it shouldn't come as a surprise (although it'd be nice if they fixed them BEFORE putting the game up). If anything, as of late, they've been doing better than they ever have been before. And that's saying a lot.

It may take days, or even a week or so, but one can easily get the Belt and scroll in that time to get it up and with friends helping, it's only easier.

Completely off this topic though, aimed at many others from Basil, Sleepywood and the like--what really pisses me off is that people who were against the Horntail Pendant exploit just looked suspiciously from side-to-side and then went and took advantage of this. Bunch'a hypocrites.

EDIT: What the hell? Why is everyone shoving the 'well it's fine because people who take advantage of it won't get banned anyways, so it wouldn't be fair for us NOT to take advantage of it' excuse? That doesn't make it okay.
    Last edited by SuperNerd; 2009-10-22 at 08:50 PM.