1. Harrisonized

Default Internet Explorer

Should I uninstall Internet Explorer 7?
    What happens if I do? Will my computer malfunction without it?
    (As in the internet options only works for IE7)

And can someone teach me how to properly uninstall it?
    I can't find it in the Add or Remove Programs list in the Control Panel.

Thanx.

2. Default

I've never entirely removed Internet Explorer... I just installed Firefox and then deleted all the short-cuts =o. I'm pretty sure some programs do not function properly without IE being installed, not sure though. (MSN Messenger or whatever it is called might need it)

3. Default

Why would you be removing it? It's not that big of a program, and if you simply dislike using it, pick a new browser and make it your default.

As far as how to remove it, here's an article from Microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

That article seems to indicate that IE 6 will be restored if you uninstall IE 7.
    If that's the case, here's another webpage with instructions for removing IE 6. The Microsoft link on there is dead, but the page has instructions.
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/8.html

~Lyssa

4. Default

I don't think it's even possible to fully uninstall IE in XP or Vista. Without IE you can't get Windows Update anymore, some web pages will not work properly, and like the above, above poster said, some programs will not function properly. If you do manage to find a way to fully uninstall IE, I really would not recommend it. I don't see why simply not using it is such a huge issue.

Btw, if you're using XP there's a way to have a minimal trace of IE on your computer but it won't completely be gone. (See below)

Spoiler
    Last edited by Anything; 2008-08-04 at 11:38 PM.

5. Default

Internet Explorer is impossible to truly remove. You can uninstall it as detailed above, but it's still there and you just can't see it or access it through normal means.

6. Default

It's very much so possible to remove IE, however other programs/features depend on it, so you really should just leave it be.

7. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

No point in removing it. Just keep it there to collect dust while you use Firefox or Opera.