Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Unscheduled Server Maintenance

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...ontentNo=005jt

Ah the joys of poorly tested new content.

2. Default

Oh damn...I'm in the middle of downloading the patch still, hope this doesn't mess it up mid download.

3. Default

Same here...

4. Default

I was on long enough to notice they screwed up the purple voodoo map. They put one of them Jester things in there, too strong for that level range to kill.

5. Default

oh nexon.

LET'S AMAZE THEM BY FINISHING THE PATCH EARLY. OH WAIT WE FORGOT TO TEST IT.

6. Default

too good to be true

7. Default

Mmh.. let me think what could have avoided this, as always..

Oh yeah.

Tespia could.

8. Default

or maybe nexon not trying to rush finishing the patch early to be like: YAY our first patch that we finish before the time

9. Default

Darn, I wasted 10 mins doing that Spring jumping to get to Jester...

10. Default

Nah. Their testers just suck. They could be testing patches for months, but there will still be problems like this.

With thousands of GOOD testers on Tespia, things could get better.

11. Default

Hope its all done and good by the time I get back from school

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This sucks ass. I JUST woke up.

30 MORE MINUTES GRR.

13. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

What was the reason tespia got closed again? O yea that's right those thousands of so called GOOD testers did a super job! When we had tespia we still had problems within the game, having a certain amount of players doesn't ensure a flawless patch. Unless nexon makes the tespia requirements more stricter i don't see tespia helping out.

14. Default

Only there aren't nearly that many players in GMS that could be considered good testers...

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

More people = finding glitches faster.

Forums finding glitches hours upon release is proof of that. Your only argument against tespia is that the testers aren't reporting the glitches, which some people were.

16. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Well, this should be lasting awhile.

17. Can you hear it?

Washington

More people=Spamming the tespia glitch system with crap and the real glitch reports are ignored "GM COME VISIT ME, I THINK I FOUND A BUG!"

You cant compare the southperry forum to the actual maple community your talking about a selective few that look for glitches/encounter. I don't see every mapler that plays in the bug/glitch forum reporting in. Have you seen basil market thats a forum too with a large portion of the maple community. They sure are finding glitches in maple and reporting in huh?

18. Default

Yeah, that's what I said in many posts: just make the requirements of Tespia stricter and it should be fine.

The current testers just seem to HAVE FUN instead than testing. Well, they probably don't because they get paid for that and if they just had fun they would have been kicked, but still.. if they were good testers, this wouldn't happen after every. pineappling. patch.

19. Can you hear it?

Washington

I agree with you 100%, if they narrow it down to just 300 serious testers tespia would be perfect. If they implement a test on the 1st day were you have to find a series of glitches they purposely put in tespia and are aware of. Set a time limit to find these bugs if you dont find the bugs your kicked off the tespia team. Which leaves tespia with the actual bug testers.

Update: The server maintenance will now conclude at 8:00 AM Pacific time (11:00 AM Eastern time.) Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by street; 2009-10-22 at 09:26 AM.