Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Default

I've always wondered if getting a pet and meso magnet would balance out in terms of NX spended / Meso earned. I still haven't reached a conclusion, though I think it would help at skeles since I'm misting and not looting. However once I start doing ultimates I guess I wouldn't even go near to where the monsters died so the pet wouldn't really help...

2. Default

If you're at newties, maybe.

If you're doing ultimates at skeles you'll be circle two levels of a map, nonstop while someone else does the same to the other two, generally.

All that aside, either map means being constantly hit, which means having mguard on, which means having to keep your MP high enough to keep you alive in the event of a direct hit, while blowing 7k per pop. Pets and autopot are pretty helpful there.

3. Default

It really isn't likely to, esp. with the current 75mil tag on just the basic pet stuff. Ores (crystal particularly) and equips will be the main income anyway and you don't need a pet for those.

I just can't stand to leave items around, and at newties the drops all end up on top of each other so it's hard to pick up equips anyway. My Paladin's fine w/o a pet at Temple of Time, cause I'm not killing 10-15 every 5 seconds.

4. Default

I just bought a $10 card and it's all your fault, topic.

I don't even feel bad about it... much.

I also bought Sly Cooper 3 for $6 grade A purchase.

5. Default

Sure. I'm a pusher. Blame Peer Pressure.

6. Default

And I thought my NX deck was big..
    Spoiler

7. Default

I used to keep all of mine until I ended up losing half of them. Now I just chuck em.

8. Default

I'm in kinda the same boat. This topic is getting me planning my NX for next month. My NX expires on Halloween.

I think I've spent around $350 USD since I started playing 2.5 years ago. That's a little less that what it'd be for a monthly subscription to WoW. I still feel bad every time I spend the money on NX. But I know I spend far less than a lot of people which makes me feel... less bad. That, and the fact that my NX items have become almost a necessity for my regular gameplay. Such as 90-day store permit, pet and pet equips. I'm now dividing my time between my cleric and MM and just shuffling Pengi between the two. That's getting a bit annoying so I'll probably revive my husky next month for my cleric.

9. Default

Holy crap you've given a lot of money to Nexon. =O

10. Default

i wonder how much this is.

11. Default

Woah woah. Let's get back on topic guys.

...You give your buddies nx....

Spoiler

12. Neutron

IGN: Firebirdies
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 200
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Chaosblades
    Alliance: Mischievous
    canada

Until now I always thought spending $50 a year on nexon cash was alot of money to be spending. o.o

13. Default

Same. I just put it all in perspective and started doing this: Mint.com

I set myself a $15/month budget for NX; that way, I know if I go over the amount I'd be spending on WoW or something. I made myself wait until the beginning of this month to hammer my overall... Dam 65%s burning a hole in my inventory.

My roommate multi-logs in FFXI and he spends more per month than I spend on MS. =) He's one of the most powerful people on his server, though, so thinking in MS terms, he'd probably be spending a lot more. But not necessarily... Some people could get to 200 and stuff by using the MTS only, but then, it's a lot more work.

Quoted for truth. But then, I feel like I'm stealing their money or something. My MS husband is almost twice my age (I'm 21), and he works for a living (actually, he plays at work a lot). He keeps wanting to gift me 2x cards. I say no because I like to use every bit of the 4-hour 2x cards during a planned grinding session, and I don't have time to do that often these days. Today, he says, "Even if you only use it a few hours, it lasts longer than a cup of coffee, and costs the same."

My retort was, "Yes, but I make my own coffee. F3"

It's true. I'm cheap and I know it. My mom instilled that virtue and vice in me. I felt so guilty about spending the 8.5k NX on my overall at first, but it's less than I would've spent on an impromptu lunch at Olive Garden or something...

Buying NX is like going out to eat. You could just make your own food (spend a bit each month and go without or MTS for the rest), but you spend extra money to satisfy your wants and needs faster, sometimes to be social with others.

I feel guilty for going out to eat sometimes, but only because I'm a poor college student. Same with NX. Expenditures I feel the most iffy about were probably in May of both years I've played. The first May, I splurged on using the MTS to equip my page because my ambitions were bigger than my mesos-pocketbook. The second May, I spent on 2x cards in a mad dash to get to 120. Neither one I really regret, since I'm still reaping the benefits today. I sort of regret buying 2x drop cards this summer, though, with the NX-meso ratio so high. Not doing any more of that.

According to Mint, I have spent $105 on Maplestory since December of last year, but I only spent $37 on Movies. Someone I know spends at least $100 a month on movies, both in the theaters and on DVD.

I've been playing since the fall of '06, though not seriously until early 2007... So, I think, maybe a year with no NX at all, $200-250 in total at the maximum? My bank doesn't let me see my transactions online unless I opt out of paper statements, and I'm too lazy to go get the paper statements for anything other than what my roommates owe me on utilities.

14. Default

quick update to my earlier post on this thread...

relating to that post--- my NX spending was higher than some due to the fact that i have every character on individual accounts and maxed storage one all accounts and am unable to share NX (aside from gifting back n forth which i do often-yay free fame!) i think if all my IGNs wer eon 1 acct id spend less since id be able to share but nevertheless that was a clarification on that post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my main reason for posting now is to say i was just paying my bills and balancing my checkbook when holy hell--i realised how much i spend now that im off maple! in the past 45 days i spent 1008.83 on just entertainment/clothes :X this included meals and movies out with my BF who also spent at least what i did on those activities... shopping and buying FOUR new pairs of sneakers id never have wanted had i still been on maple! and dinners out at 50 bucks a pop really add up as well....
    we're planning a trip to NY in 6 weeks and im saving another grand to the side just for food n shopping! hotel on top of it will be another 500$...

LIFE IS EXPENSIVE!!!

i can so see myself back on maple poor as hell after new year's! hope some damn good content is out so i can pass time while saving up for a trip to vegas.

15. Default

Take a guess, It's under 100.

...and they're all 25k cards(30 dollars ea in Canada)

16. Default

56!

I used to buy alot of NX, I'd say at least a grand within a few months of starting the game. I started much later than alot of my friends playing and used MTS to catch up in gear/levels. Luckily NX was 1:2 then (miss that...) so I got pretty good gear for the amount used. But now I MTS everything :) Raised over 300k within the past 2 or 3 months so I'm content on never buying NX again. Especially since I stopped playing a NL as a main LOL, so don't need 10 ap resets per level T_T.

17. Default

More...Sadly, and yeah double hp washing ftl. Anyways, I'm mostly mts merching my way now..

18. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: weIp
    Server: Broa
    Level: 105
    Job: all of them
    Guild: GoonSquad

I have spent somewhere in the vicinity of $9000-$12000. There comes a time where you lose track lol. Most of it was spent on Gachapon in both MSEA and GMS.