Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Dang, that's about $12 per day. Of course it makes no real difference whether or not you have $100 or $10,000 in your bank account, as long as everything is paid for.

It always seemed so strange to me just to see a number that told you how much money you have. I can imagine physical currency disappearing altogether and being replaced by "virtual" dollars. Hell, tons of people pay exclusively with credit/debit cards anyway.

2. Default

I haven't carried cash except an emergency 20$ bill in nearly three years.

3. Default

:(

To think that this is your budget for a FREE game when a pay-to-play would cost you like what? $40 a month total to play.

I'm thinking a lot of things right now but really that's an overwhelming amount to spend on Maple.

4. Default

I'll admit I can't think of how you spend 700 a month on MS...

But it's not even as much as leasing/insuring a luxury car. Do you need a nice car? Generally, not. But within a certain community, it reflects your status. And if you're driving all day, why not?

5. Default

Type 4 2x, 20$, incidental 2x for weekends, 8 to 16$, per weekend, so 32 to 70$ right there, double drop for zruns, 12$.

Then you get into the things you can spend unlimited money on if you don't think about it - VIP rocks for laziness, safety charms, owls, shop permits, pet stuff as needed, smegas because you can, and of course the biggest sinkhole of them all - gachapon.

Course there was also the months I gave my entire guild NX cards, Christmas and my birthday and various gifting.

6. Default

wtp gifts.........Useless ass buddies and guildies of mine.....

7. Default

Whatever the amount of money, if you have the money to spare, there obviously more important things that come first as Eos said, you can spend it on whatever you want.

I certainly spent that much, probably more, on my personal hobby, snowboarding. Equipment, tickets, traveling, hotel (when needed).
    Spending over 500$ in one week-end, it happen all the time.

Talking about that i want snow already!
    Last edited by LeGourmand; 2009-10-08 at 04:26 PM.

8. Proton Male
    IGN: Gengle
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 171
    Job: F/P Arch Mage
    Guild: Animus
    Alliance: Meep
    usa

Don't feel bad for spending so much money on MS, Eos. Hell, I'm sure I would've spent even more than that if I had a job my entire two+ years playing it. And I can think of people who have spent way more than you (you should know who I'm talking about n.~). You just used your excess flow of money to play the game in a way that was fun for you. \o/

But now the question is, what will you be spending all that lovely green paper on now?

9. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Agree'd with this post. Everyone has their hobby they enjoy spending money on, and the majority require a lot of money to be enjoyed the way the person wants. Snowboarding and MapleStory are two great examples, and here's a third - a night at the Metropolitan Opera for a family of four, with dinner and the price to commute in and out of NYC, costs around $500-600. That's just one NIGHT. A WEEKEND in NYC, or many large cities, going on a shopping spree or a couple nights out, on top of spending the night in the city, can be anywhere from $3000-6000, though that's hard to judge if you don't set a limit on shopping.

Case in point? It's quite possible to spend even more in a weekend that some people spend in a year on online video games. It all depends on your passions and hobbies. Reactions to this can and should be mixed, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions as to how money is spent, but understand the facts that this isn't a surprising amount or rate of spending, and thus doesn't merit attempts to criticize or rebuke someone for their life choices.

10. Default

I see NX as a means of getting what you want faster.
    2x for faster levels, Gach for faster money, etc. It's easy to see how people can spend so much - they want things sooner.

I've never spent any money on this game in my almost 2 years of playing because I don't need NX to enjoy the game. Yeah I train slower, don't have millions upon millions of mesos, or even have nice clothes, but I'm always having fun and that's what the game is about.

11. Default

To be rather honest, I 'sort' of regret spending so much on this game. Because there's no guarantee how long gMS will last, for sure. I kinda wish I had spent all my past money buying video game systems, or booze instead, really.. <___<;

12. Default

Well, my comment was coming from the fact that I lament over every penny spent on leisure items. I've got plenty of money and a good job but I still feel bad when I splurge because eventually I'd like to own a house and run a business.

I know that not everyone has these same priorities but it still shakes me a little to see all of that money lost. Especially to Nexon.

NEXONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'know?

13. Default

Heh, I was just thinking that my almost $300 in 4 years playing this game was a bit too much.

Not so much anymore though.

14. Default

Money was meant to be spent/wasted. Money is useless to have on your hands(or bank account); you could die any day. Good job spending it on things that bring you fun.

16. Default

There's a few paid services in WoW, such as Realm Transferring and Faction Change.

But the only people that I see spending more than just subscription fees are multiboxers. (People who run multiple accounts, sometimes with one keyboard controlling multiple characters of the same class, such as 5 mages.)

17. Default

Wow, I can't even imagine spending hundreds of dollars a month on maple. I wish I had that much money to toss around =[

I can't even see how it's possible to spend that much money, unless you're one of those smega spammers. Even with maxed out use and storage with mules, how could you even hold the tons of scrolls gachapon would spit out?

Being a poor, jobless, high school student, I spent like the $50-100 total I'd gotten from tutoring years ago in 2006/2007 and never bought nx again. MTS is pretty much the best feature ever.

18. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Or let it gather interest.

19. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

I believe I have spent somewhere in the $200~$250 range since I first started in MSEA, so 4~5 years ago.

20. Default

ya man, thats the way to go ^0^
    i have 5k sitting on a CD gathering interest so i don't use all my money up