Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [MSEA] [0.81] Aran/Neo Tokyo

1. Default

Not trying to be racist or anything around here. MSEA players probably don't mind bad translations because, 1) they don't guve a pomegranate, and 2) their English is as bad as the translations themselves. Whether it's because of this that Asiasoft does a pomegranatety job of translations, I don't know. But the point is, the general player population doesn't mind. And they can probably understand these bad translations better than you guys can.

2. Default

I don't get what the big deal is with you people and translations.

It's not as if AUFHEBEN makes any more sense than AUF HAVEN.

3. Default

Well, it's a better translation of the Japanese word, I guess.

Anyone care to explain? Oh, and antikel, it's not just the mob names. It's whole sentences in quest text and NPC, map and item names.

4. Default

I and ANYONE would rather prefer reading a fluent english than reading an ALMOST incomprehensible english.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight answer!

+10 points!

Maybe it's not a more correct translation (but I think it is), but it surely sounds better.

5. Default

ooo, the ropponggi mall included as well, however, not be so exicited at first where the taiwan map inside our client 2 years almost

6. Default

Sounds better?! How do you even pronounce AUFHEBEN in the first place?!

Besides, majority of the community won't even know the direct translation from Japanese to English. The translations aren't really a big deal.

As for the quest text, well unfortunately, majority of the community don't read the quest texts anyway.

7. Default

Fail, Softnyx is a Korea-based company.

8. Default

Aufheben is German in origin, and the correct and literal translation of the Japanese name of the boss.

9. Default

No, what I meant was, we here in Singapore/Malaysia speak English with a mix of Chinese, Malay, and dialect. Non-locals will probably have a hard time trying to understand half of what we're saying. The people at Asiasoft are locals, so the translations are sure to be bad.

One thing I don't understand, though - Asiasoft used to do pretty good translations, like with Mushroom Shrine, Showa, and Shanghai. Maybe as good as or even better than Nexon. After that, it was copy/paste from GMS, and now, with the whole "Episode 2" pomegranate, they're doing it again. And sucking at it. Maybe they fired their old translators.

Maybe it's because we're used to it already. Aufheben, Auf Haven... What haven? Even though Aufheben makes no sense to me at all, definitely better than having a random word in its name.

10. Default

This is just your opinion, like mine. It's just that mine is the exact opposite.

I can pronounce it without problems. Maybe it's because I'm italian? But I don't really find anything hard in pronouncing it in english.

This is true, but I'm not part of that majority.

Weird, I thought it was chinese. Oh well, korean, chinese, who cares. What matters is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I understand that.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2009-10-05 at 08:13 AM.

11. Default

And so is Nexon. YOU fail.

12. Default

Well to me, haven will make more sense because it refers to something like a sanctuary/heaven. And since the boss is in the form of an angel, so... xD

At least haven will make more sense than a German text that almost nobody will understand its true meaning.

13. Default

Exactly.

14. Default

What's with the SEA +3 to all medals? Seems a bit unfair for a prospective owner of a PQ mania medal.

15. Default

Yes, yes, STOP this nonsense before this thread ends up like almost every other MSEA content thread there is and ends up getting locked. This thread is meant for discussion of the extraction, and the translations is part of that, yes; but it's gone a little too far.

Get back on topic, before I use my rainbow powers on you.

16. Default

Bring it on!

On-Topic: Any clue that we're getting MTS too in this patch? I read somewhere that we'll be getting it soon.

And the quest to enter Neo Tokyo requires 300 head ninja scrolls OR the CS item which costs 2k A-cash.

17. Default

Eh, that's another reason I never liked Neo Tokyo very much in the first place: the REALLY hard quest which requires you to get those ninja scrolls (which are rare) or the CS item.

The fact which bothers me the most isn't the difficulty of the quest, but that you can "bypass" it by buying a CS item.

18. Default

Wow im jealous as well!
    -neo tokyo
    -neo tokyo expansion
    -aran
    -mini dungeon sleepywood
    -mini dungeon herb town
    -cash trading room
    but i dont see the aran mounts for some reason...
    BUT MAN THIS PATCH CAN BE LIKE THREE PATCHES IN GMS hahaha

19. Default

lol more like 5 or 6, GMS like stretching content as far as they can.