Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: [MSEA] [0.81] Aran/Neo Tokyo

1. Default

The other site i saw had it as a meaning.
    Well,this is not the case.
    The problem is just that they ruin the names,making them nonsense,each name is not just a random word,it has to be that one,unless they want to change it's meaning and ruin every other information about it.

2. Default

Asiasoft doesn't do translation, they are only a publisher.
    It is actually Nexon Korea who is responsible for the MSEA translations/patches/server checks.
    They are 6 people from Nexon Korea who in charge of MSEA.
    You can see 3 of their pretty faces HERE.
    The team leader, 1 is incharge of cashshop and 1 is incharge of game features.

As for the translations, of course it's going to be bad.
    Take Aufheben for example.
    Here you've got a Korean who is trying to translate a Japanese word in Katakana(which is originally a German word) to English.
    It would have been better if Nexon Korea ask Nexon JP to do the translation, so that the meaning of the word doesn't get lost in translations.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I would imagine anyone who knows english/2 languages or more would have enough sense to not do this s'hitty a job.

4. Default

Then,if MapleSEA was made of Koreans from NexonKR,then why the other maples that use english aren't that bad,this doesn't make sense at all.
    If Nexon Korea is taking care of the translation,why MapleSEA is the only maple with those terrible translations?
    That's stupid,anyone with a decent sense of knowledge about japanese can do it pretty better than what they did,they could just change those translations,sincerely,they're not doing it well.
    They're just ruining every town's story.

5. Default

Well, indeed I won't this time. I started OMG NEXON YOU BONGBINGBANG before seeing the translations they did.

After that: no, thanks.

I hope you can prove me wrong next time.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2009-10-08 at 12:35 AM.

6. Default

backinb4crashland

This is apparently not the first time. Did I mention somewhere that they did a really disappointing job with those 3 races' descriptions?

There's no excuse for a job poorly done just because no one shouts in their faces that they are a bunch of lousy and censor-worthy-adjective translators. Of course, they're your translators, they translate your content so I wouldn't freaking mind if they used and humiliate your language. Lay off my English please.
    /sarcasm if no one gets it

No, I do not take it that far. I'm just saying, it's a business. You don't use the informal lousy form of language in your essays, why are they exempt from such restrained manner when doing a goddamned business time and again and again and again and again [endlessReiterate]and again[/endlessReiterate]?

Why do the Japanese players rage? Because it's their content.
    Why do I rage? Because I'm an elitist language user. I'm no perfectionist, elitism, maybe. /sarcasm AGAIN

I rest my case, now good day gentlemen, out4goodb4crashaland.

EDIT: I also rage at good songs being translated into RETARDED lyrics in my language. The most recent one I have discovered was "Qui Saura" by Mike Brant. There are countless other masterpieces being humiliated beyond comprehension by such translators. I believe the jMS feels no/little different.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

7. Default

You don't need to be a perfectionist,but an official maplestory using this terrible grammar?
    And,yes,we're raging because we don't want other maples heading to Tokyo and fighting Nibergens,or those other stupid named things,at least,when getting the other maple's content,they should be enough polite to don't ruin the names and storyline for those,which makes the town looks totally retarded.

8. Default

This. Also, whenever it gets released in GMS, if GMS also decides to translate it horribly... If us JP players use the real, original names, we're going to be flamed hard for using the real names, instead of the 'new' names that GMS gives them (just like how tons of people hate on me for using the term Viper instead of Buccaneer, since my job in JMS is VIPER, not Buccaneer).

9. Default

Chinese, like Japanese, has a systematic way of transliterating characters into roman letters called Han yu pin yin that was developed in the 1950s. It's one of the first things they teach you in Chinese classes. It's literally an entire alphabet created for the purpose of writing Chinese characters in letter form, and isn't based on how to pronounce it in English. Most people aren't so anal about everything being spelled and pronounced correctly, though. Taipei should technically be Tái Běi.

facepalm.jpg

It's called Buccaneer here, and everyone knows what a Buccaneer is. Isn't "Buccaneer" the 3rd job in JMS? It's very confusing when you try to make everything right by your version, just because your version is so clearly superior to ours. And it's not even Viper in your version, it's Vi-pe-ru or something ridiculous like that. Save it for the JMS forums.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-10-07 at 09:44 PM.

10. Default

Ok.. That's the exact GMS attitude that I rant about all of the time. You people need to lose that attitude, really... It's getting old.

Yes, Buccaneer is third job in JMS and Viper is baipa-, which is just the katakana way of writing Viper. GMS players treat me like pomegranate because I use the original names, then you tell me to gtfo?

It's not like I'm FORCING you to say Viper instead of Buccaneer, but people throw slander at me when I say Viper.

11. Default

You guys need to drop it. KMS pirate names are valid since they are the original, even though, imo, the GMS ones are far better and make more sense (lolvalkyrialol). Yes, SEA sure slaughter the poetry of words and that's an ugly thing indeed, but if the SEA population can dig it, so can you. If this happens in your version, then you may rage. I know I will spit acid and breath flames if it hits us in GMS.

12. Default

Its your shortcoming, because you rage over something you have no control on.
    Not really a flaw I mean but just because you're an elitist doesn't make everyone one, and so are those translators if you blaming them just because they didn't learn those languages the way you do, who are you to blame them? We are from totally different backgrounds, we didn't learn languages the way you did, now you're blaming those translators just because they didnt learn about it? Its like you are blaming some Somalis for dying just because they have no money to buy sufficient food. What logic is this. Seriously, what a selfish meanie.
    Also the reason why MSEA doesn't rage its because the name have no significance to us, content will, not those names.

But I get your point

JMS people rage: fine
    MSEA people rage? no
    Then you have GMS people complaining. LOLWUT logic is that.

I dont want to prove you wrong.
    Just as right it stays that way, no complaints, no disputes or whatever...

Btw, you didn't had to follow my style, why would I want more arguements over a thread?
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-08 at 05:24 AM.

13. Default

Wondering if we could get more info on how the weapons (1H sword specifically) are made in jms. From what I've been able to find on this thread and the one in general...

No stims, no crystals, but this is a makered item.
    -How do we learn the recipe?
    -I know it's 105 base, can this still go +/- 5 or does it always come out at 105?

From the picture posted I see 2 items I don't know what, a Dragon Carabella? and 3000 of those silver coins. I'm thinking the first 2 are NT drops/items with the "stone" needing to be upgraded with 1000 silver coins. How do we get the two items? And are they tradeable? Are the silver coins tradeable?

Thanks in advance, I tried to look through the thread and a few other places before asking but didn't find anything to specifically answer my question, but could have easily missed it due the massive in the thread.

14. Default

guys,you should not be jealous about msea:
    1.every server is lonely and empty,people dont care much,and you cant understand their english as well(if you ever see a person)
    the rides between ossyria to ellinia are like at ch1 max 1-3 people..
    2.we should be clsoe with content to msea,so each time they get some good fresh content,we are getting closer to having it
    3.msea sucks because the whole system got hacked few months ago and everyone left the game,theyre jsut trying to repair the huge fail
    4.msea players are more JEALOUS of GMSers! really,they always were but now they have more content so theyre trying to hide that.
    im playin msea+gms but in msea i got only low levels.
    if msea will get aran next patch so cms thms taims will start following up until gms gets aran
    so to sum up:

MSEA with all possible content=playing a private server filled with all content but badly translated,and empty like a private server as well,people take care of their own only and you cant see people playing..

P.S:i live in israel so i log in times that msea players should log on,dont discuss on that.

15. Default

ugh please. 4th job ? no ?
    and if aran ever comes to SEA first i certainly wouldnt welcome you to try it out here.
    And although you guys got pirates and magatia first, we waited instead of whine.

/* I admit, i tried pirates on gms. */

16. Default

i admit i tried cygnus on msea,singapore,ulu city,malaysia,boss speech,etc
    if you tried pirates on gms you should see the differences from how gms is populated and how msea isnt..
    but msea players dont care much to others,neither gmsers do
    gms is full of scammers and hackers too
    i was kinda shocked how would it be to start from 1 to 100 on msea,because nobody was really playing around with me or cared about me i just tried to talk to some people most of them were like "hi and bye" and i couldnt see players even playing,only when it was like a day or two after patch i could see maplers around when cygnus came out they all were around ereve but when cygnus came out to gms is was full of players
    msea=silent,no ksers,nice to play for unpatient people,but hard to find people to play with you
    gms=full of scammers hackers and unpatient people,but you can easily catch up with people over here,the population sometime is annoying but i just couldnt stay longer in msea max lvl25

17. Default

I guess you forgot applying logic

Population of singapore and malaysia < North America. NexonAM has a bigger target audience.

Lol silent? try finding a slot in MP3 at like 1am here, its still not easy.
    And people to play with you? I get real life friends to play with me.
    You are alone because of your level, you have yet to touch CPQ and stuff much less GS2 or MP3 or maybe even dukus

18. Default

From what I've heard it always comes out as 105. It could be incorrect information though.

19. Default

Gonna ridiculous if it's fixed at average... I hope it's not.