Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [MSEA] [0.81] Aran/Neo Tokyo

1. Default

The glaive weapons cost more to make than the reverse ones if you hunt your PoT yourself, and won't even begin to touch the same potential. Nothing to be jealous about, we will most likely get it ourselves at some point.

2. Default

If you're a sword user and never got a lunchbox, this is the holy grail.

Same for BW users, and I'd think NL's for the low dex req. But I really havn't seen much hype for NL's.

3. Default

Don't contradict youself and act like you dont care.
    I still remember your post about how you will quit GMS if we get Aran sooner.
    Why aren't you quitting then.

I actually hope that it was the original prices. the mesos in MSEA are so pinappley inflated that 10m= nothing. At least the npc can take away some mesos.

@_@
    Its a relief to hear that GMS doesn't give a pomegranate about MSEA.
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-07 at 04:28 AM.

4. Default

Yeah, i support this. But Combattente guy and ShiKage is acting like a platypus after reading our translations when they're just jealous(gMs giving lame events[no offence] and jMS being slow at patching).

So anyway, if it was 7 million per weapon, im pretty sure alot of people is going to make it and those with lots of mesos is going to mass forge it. This will sure to be bring justice to SEAs economy.

there you go again. Cant you just say it as Tokyo ? If you can spell Tokyo as Toukyou, why cant maplesea spell aufheben as Auf haven ? English translation is in fact tOkyO and is used worldwide.
    Last edited by DeanNim; 2009-10-07 at 04:14 AM.

5. Default

thats so true.

SO true. What an irony

6. Default

Does this explain it enough for you, or do I have to completely spell it out for you nit-wits?

TOUKYOU AND TOKYO are correct in BOTH LANGUAGES. The ONLY reason why the English language shortened it to Tokyo was because they're too pineappleing lazy to type the second 'o' or 'u.'

The word is written out "T-O-U-K-Y-O-U" in Japanese, which I SPEAK and TYPE every day. Not only has it become second-nature for me to type it that way, but it has become a preference, instead of having to type it as 'Tōkyō,' which is actually the only correct way to write it in 'English,' but since the world is too lazy for that, the nit-wits of the world changed the name of the capital of a country...

If you want to be peachy about me typing it as 'Toukyou,' I'm going to peach at you for not typing it as 'Tōkyō.'

As for the names, they're REAL German words. Not only is MSEA destroying the translation, but they're also destroying another European language. Tell me how you get...

Auf Haven out of 'Aufuhe-ben'

Nibergen out of 'Ni-berungu'

Vergamot out of 'Berugamotto'

ProtoRoad out of 'purototaipu ro-do'

etc...?

Note to Fiel : Sorry... I couldn't help myself on this one.

Edit : Here's the JP names vs. the MSEA names:

JMS Name : アフターロード (afuta-ro-do) | MSEA name : AfterRoad | Correct name : AfterLord
    JMS Name : オーバーロード(o-ba-ro-do) | MSEA name : OverLoad | Correct name : Over Lord
    JMS Name : プロトタイプロード(purototaipu ro-do) | MSEA name : ProtoRoad | Correct name : Prototype Lord
    JMS Name : イルヴァーター (iruva-ta-) | MSEA name : Eruwater | Correct name : Iruvata
    JMS Name : ベルガモット (berugamotto) | MSEA name : Vergamot | Correct name : Bergamot (name of a fruit)
    JMS Name : ニーベルング (ni-berungu) | MSEA name : Nibergen | Correct name : Nibelung (real German word)
    JMS Name : アウフヘーベン (aufuhe-ben) | MSEA name : Auf Haven | Correct name : Aufheben (real German word)

That's as far as I'm going to go... The NPC names are just horrible....

Do you see the difference now?
    Last edited by ShiKage; 2009-10-07 at 05:41 AM.

7. Default

Just a slight curiosity, how do you translate from the figure-characters to alphabet-characters? I've always been under the impression that they 'translate' through a medium which is the 'sound' they both give.

E.g: ア gives the sound [a], and the alphabet letter a gives the sound [a], therefore they are equivalent.

Is this not the case?

Same question for Chinese if anyone here knows. (just so that it isn't TOO off-topic)

8. Default

Yes, that's how it worked originally. However, after hundreds of years of it being part of the languages, it became technically a 'law' of the languages.

For instance, the JP now learn Romanji (alphabet) before they learn hiragana, katakana, or kanji. That's how they became 'cemented' with those non-alphabetical characters.

I'll use Toukyou as an example, since you guys seem to want to keep that as a hot topic of debate...

とうきょう is the hiragana for ''Tōkyō,' but since the JP learn the alphabetical characters first, it's written out 'toukyou,' since 'と' = 'to,' 'う' = 'u,' 'きょ' = 'kyo' and again, 'う' = 'u.'

However, Tookyoo works in alphabetical characters as well, since おう in Japanese is considered 'double o form,' which is where if there are two 'o's together in a word, 95% of the time, the second 'o' is changed to 'u.'

9. Default

I see, therefore the alphabet is a native system to the young Japanese just as much as Kanji and other systems are.
    I was thinking that if it based off of sound then there's no guaranteeing its 'officiality' but since the Roman alphabet is implemented in primary education, I guess it is official.

EDIT: I hope this resolves the dispute.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-10-07 at 06:14 AM.

10. Default

Ok fine, i apologise. But, most people DONT know japanese that deep to know Tokyo and Toukyou is related somehow. Same as Aufheben... People dont give pomegranate about its german origins. As long as its a boss, pretty and does huge damage, im fine.

11. Default

I concur this. But then again, when I'm not sure about something, I ask, not throw an unnecessary tantrum over it. (which I'm sure you didn't start, so don't get too defensive)

On a different note, I have to admit getting new content is nice, especially Aran. But I'm not ready yet for it anyways so no butthurt feeling here.
    I do feel butthurt about misuse of language but we all have had enough of that in this thread. It just feels.. unjustified to see something being treated with lousy attention, effort. Don't get me wrong, I hate people t4lkin l3ik dis mo4r. And it's funny seeing as English is at best my second language.

12. Default

Why not?

Aran is the best pomegranate ever.... everrrr.... vveerrrrr....
    But yeah, i dont have EQs ready yetz.

And yeah, idk whats happening to asiasoft honestly. But i pretty much dont care.... yet. That is, until i can read them in-game, i wont rage...

Spoiler
    Last edited by DeanNim; 2009-10-07 at 06:47 AM.

13. Default

Also, Singlish =/= leet. Please don't get the misconception.

It's just part of our culture.

14. Default

Thank you for explaining to us the differences, but its not really hard to figure out that MSEA translators arent Germans and so are 99.9%< of the MSEA population. What may make a big difference to you may just be an insignificant difference to us. To me its just something like Daniel (some christian name? i dunno) or Danial (muslim name).

Hence the conclusion is. MSEA people should not be bothered.

Nope, even though some of the roots of Japanese words( I think its kanji) are from chinese, they dont work the same way. ( I am not sure about their meanings though...)

(一) means number one and (意) means to have a meaning. though they are totally different words, the have the same pronounciation(or the same sound?) (Yi).
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-07 at 07:56 AM.

15. Default

Yeah, 99% of the MSEA population don't give a pomegranate. You're not a MSEA player, why care?

16. Default

EDIT: outb4crashland
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-10-07 at 08:19 AM.

17. Default

Because I changed my mind now, seeing those translations, I really couldn't care less. At least we will get decent ones.

18. Default

lousy effort?

Compare translation like 176mb of stuff in 1 month and testing it out

and like 176mb of stuff in 5 mths< . I would say Asiasoft/Nexon whoever that has translated it has done pretty well given the small time gap.
    It doesn't just take days to do codings/review content/test out patches/understanding and translating content.

yeah and then when some OMG patch notes come out you start OMG NEXON YOU BONGBINGBANG!!!!! I hope you can prove me wrong next time.

19. Default

Toukyou is used in many languages,you should know.
    And,it's pretty common to us JMS players to call it Toukyou,why?
    Because we refer to it mostly by Mirai Toukyou ingame,and with the other players,because most of the japanese ones understand and refer to it as Toukyou,that's not an error,just a different way to spell it,without changing it's meaning.
    MSEA change turns names into nonsense and random translations.
    Correct ones and the reason to not change it:
    AfterLord(Because a Road can't be a monster?)
    Over Lord(Same)
    Prototype Lord(ProtoRoad doesn't make sense,it's a prototype,proto isn't a reduced form)
    Iruvata(Eruwater?God,sincerely,this was one of the most terrible errors ever,Iruvata is her names,NAMES AREN'T TRANSLATED,NEVER,I SAY NEVER,regardless of the language.)
    Bergamot(BE-RU-GA-MO-TTO,it's pronnounce is close to a V,but the name still haves to be with B,since BE at the beginning of the word,makes it look way more like B than V,and,since the name Vergamot doesn't exist,Bergamoth is surely the correct.)
    Nibelung(Nibergen?This is nonsense,from where they got this name?
    Maybe forgot how the name was and just input something random starting with Ni.)
    Aufheben(Aufheben means rising,to rise,in german,which fits perfectly her,An angel rising from Roppongi 2102,who will cause destruction to Neo Tokyo if not stopped in time,Auf Haven doesn't exist,and crushes the whole story that it has to get the name,the names aren't random creations,they have a meaning)
    Marvericks are tagged as A,V,B,Y type,which doesn't make much sense,because letters are used for colors(D.Stump,G.Trixter)
    They were Alpha,Beta,Gamma and Zeta,since they don't have it on their keyboards,they should at least put like this on they names:Marverick Gamma Version,Alpha Version,etc.
    The NPC's doesn't escape from this horrible translation,Turning Mary into Maricas was the most ridiculous translation i ever saw,either goes to Ashley,which is an english name that doesn't need even a translation.
    Plus,the chat messages are nonsense,Asia says "I'm Asia,Kamuna is where the time."
    And Asia keeps refering to a Goblin in Kaede castle,but there's none,she is supposed to mean the feudal lord,the toad,the ninjas and the samurai,there's no goblin there.
    What i can see at MSEA,just the most random translations made by 10 year old children that only know the beginning of the word,creating the rest of it and putting it into an original server.
    I would kill myself if those names were the original,i can say surely that no other maple has this ability.
    Sincerely,if i was Asiasoft,i would pay more experienced guys to do the translations,not just a bunch of kids without the knowledge of english and way less knowledge on other languages.

20. Default

Rising or to rise is not accurate enough, it sounds like it means flying which its not really correct.

"Aufheben is a German word with several seemingly contradictory meanings, including "to lift up," "to abolish," or "to sublate."[1] The term has also been defined as "abolish," "preserve," and "transcend"." - wikipedia