Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [MSEA] [0.81] Aran/Neo Tokyo

1. Default

There really is no point in pushing the blame to anyone when this entire discussion is directed as a mere insult to the population which is being targeted; first Singaporeans, now Koreans.

And I see no reason why the GMS population is making a fuss out of SEA's release schedule when it doesn't affect them in the very least.

2. Default

Yeah, because writing "I and anyone" instead than "Anyone and I" makes a big difference. It isn't a big mistake anyway.

American's English has an understandable grammatical structure, "singlish" hasn't, and ignores most of the english grammatical rules.

Oops.

3. Default

Why do you need to be so defensive when he made several mistakes himself while trying to 'correct' someone?

Don't feed the troll

Pardon me, where were we? Ah, MoN. Oh well Dean, I like you and all but I don't think CWKPQ will come to other versions any time soon. NLC (with lots of quests) + CrimsonWood1 + CrimsonWood2 would be a huge addition.
    Considering that your next patch is approximately 170MB, it is not impossible to have it all in one go, but it's best that you don't.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-10-06 at 07:14 AM.

4. Default

No one writes singlish in essays. Its not like we use them in exams and stuff

FAIL2THEMAXB4KNOWINGANYTHINGISJUSTFAIL.

If you're trying to challenge me in that singlish debate you are well losing. Given that you do not have a first hand experience.

Opps for bursting your bubble, but what I am trying to say is, singaporeans can use near ''proper'' English, its just that they do not have the habit of doing so in forums and stuff.
    I can easily tok liddat too leh/
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-06 at 07:44 AM.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

No american writes essays in internet english either.

6. Default

I wish to have cwk completed by the time my aran reaches the appropriate level.

as in, naricain pendant please please please. You guys probably know why i want this so much. HT is screwed here, so yeah.

EDIT

Point one, touche.
    Point two: yes, yes i would. just because it sounds kyoot.
    Last edited by DeanNim; 2009-10-06 at 07:59 AM.

7. Default

We're not talking about how singaporean people talk in forums, we're talking about how bad the so-called "professional translators" of Asiasoft translate their game. Even if singaporeans prefer writing in singlish, this doesn't mean that the Asiasoft translators should translate their game like that as well.

It's kinda obvious that the translations from Asiasoft aren't singlish, but just poorly translated text. I don't even know why we started this debate about "singlish".

Oh wait, now I do. We started this because this vinyx guy started talking about how American English sucks as well, and things like that. But, what does American English matter when we're just talking about how a company poorly manages the translations for their game?

We're not talking about the KIND of English, we're talking about bad translations. I doubt Asiasoft is translating their game like that because they prefer using "singlish".. even because they didn't translate so bad, some time ago. They started doing it recently, after the Episode 2. So, I'll just go ahead and say that they're translating poorly because they're trying to rush in content.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2009-10-06 at 08:16 AM.

8. Default

That's not entirely true. I type grammatically-sound English (what you're calling 'essay-English') on forums and such. I even do it a lot of the time when talking casually in MapleStory, on XFire, etc.

Also, didn't Fiel say NOT to argue about languages anymore? :X

About SEA patching so fast and that people are saying they'll run out of content soon:

This is the case... Look at it. They're adding tons of new content every patch (a few months worth in GMS's case, or a whole year's worth in JMS' case). What are they going to add once they have every possible thing added? Are they going to collect every single piece of equipment, etc. item, use item, cash item, etc.? Unless they go overboard and add everything from every other version such as all of the World Tours and anything else a version may have exclusive to them (like TaiwanMS' emotional social UI or whatever it's called).

If MSEA continues to patch the way they currently are, they WILL run out of patches eventually, because not a single version can make content as fast as MSEA is adding them (MSEA is even patching faster than TaiwanMS).

9. Default

Actually he said that you and BombsAway shouldn't argue about languages anymore.

I find it amazing how much drama this one thread has gone through. MSEA did some shitty translations, yes. Talking about it isn't going to change a thing so everyone just needs to drop it.

10. Default

I think you misunderstood.
    It should be:
    And yes, you know a debate gets old when a poster humiliates himself better than anyone else, we should drop this. I, with all the honesty I can work up to type this, do want to be friends with other MS players, not just MSEA. They're here to discuss their contents, why should they be shunned away because of the language they're familiar with? (not saying it doesn't suck)

And when MSEA runs out of content they might all move to kMS to play since they're not wanted/allowed anywhere else. xD
    Also, Dean, I heard DamyouAl was selling MoNs for 30m each.

11. Default

I know you are going to hate me after this but...

i maplesea player one. not gms. if i play gms one hor, i so pro and rich edy loh.

12. Default

Oh, haha! I must have read it backwards. Damn you, morning dyselxia (however that's spelled)! x_x

I'm PRETTY SURE that he meant for no one else to argue, too.

13. Default

I hate you.

14. Default

Yeah, ok, let's just end it here.

15. Default

It's spelled dyslexia.

16. Default

And you hope to play the good guy with all these " you know, that person blablabla,"?
    Don't beat around the bush. Besides you didn't did get my point anyway.

Let me learn from you.
    You know, when a poster just tries to act friendly and play the middle man, in my eyes he is just a downright hypocrite...

Read what I am trying to prove?

I hate you GMSers sometimes with those uncalled assumptions.

Didn't want to be direct but....
    STOP IT. We know you're simply jealous. If you're not jealous not dont pineapplely get affect by this translations. Then I am totally proved wrong. SO PROVE MEE WROONGGG
    GET OVER IT PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. *begsssssss*

Kinda agree. Don't know why, but i have been convinced that MSEA is going a little too much, so much that people will prolly whine if it slows down...

man anymore arguements im so gonna stop, its getting so tiring
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-06 at 10:33 AM.

17. Default

Chill dude, I was referring to this buddy, do you even realize how much he contradicted himself or are you too busy defending yourself? I just don't want to get in trouble with flaming. Everyone here has enough brain to see through the bush anyway.

18. Default

I see. Sowwwwieeeee.
    Big apologies... Please forgive.

yeah i admit i got too carried off just now. Back to studying!

I thought you were refering to me because you were quoting takebacker's post which was refering to me

Singlish isn't about being grammatically incorrect.
    I would just say the translations are grammatocally incorrect. Probably the price we have to pay for getting a ton of content at once. Hefty or not? you decide
    Last edited by Uncouthist; 2009-10-06 at 11:14 AM.

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

See wut i did thar?

Don't know if you pulled the jealousy card at me or not, so i'll just say it now, i don't give a f'uck. SEA is SEA. GMS is GMS. We'll get what you're getting eventually, so why piss ourselves over stupid s'hit like "HOLY CRAP Y AM I NAWT GETTIN DIS RIGHT NAO".

20. Default

So, in this patch mSEA is getting Aran data and Neo Tokyo released. Shall we discuss this information? Language in the real world has been released for several millenia, it really seems boring to continue discussing it. Let's discuss new content please!