Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

I'd laugh my butt off if we got an expiring 3 month Pink Been in the CS after this CS Surprise event finished.

2. Default

You can tell everyone the exact calculations of how much it would be worth spending, you can tell them the *smart* way to spend nx, you can give out lessons for what people should do, but people are still gonna spend their money, on what they want, on what makes them happy. Spending money to buy mass amounts of nx isn't very much different than spending money to buy a big tv, or an xbox/ps3/wii, its in terms of whats entertaining for them, would you really say someone wasted their money if they bought an xbox and it entertained them, because they would say it was worth it.

If you're mad people are spending so much on nexon, its pointless, they'll make their money whether you find peoples nx spending ridiculous or not, because although they may lose your business nx wise, the fact is they have a gimmick that will still rake them in plenty of money.

3. Default

Spoiler

I've seen someone on Scania claim to have spent $500 on their Pink Bean. Tell me how that's not the least bit pathetic.

4. Default

No worse than someone spending 500$ on a rare baseball card, or to go to an "exclusive" concert.

It's just as trivial.

5. Default

Don't think so, Tim. Pixels cannot compare to owning a physical piece of what you paid for. At least the baseball card can be resold for a possible profit. The Pink Bean? Teehee.

6. Default

And a concert?
    or a ball/party?
    or a cruise?
    or paying 10m to ride in the space shuttle?
    or having a star named after yourself?
    or any other event?

Entertainment is entertainment. Trying to quantify the pleasure someone else gets from something and define comparative worth is both futile and absurd.

Judging people for what makes them happy and how much they're willing to spend on it based on your own situation and values is pointless because they're not you, 500$ can be a drop in the bucket to some people even if it means six months food for you. As long as it's their money and within what they consider reasonable, and not illegal or harming anyone what's it matter to you?

7. Default

All of those things have value. A pink bean pet has no value, its 0, nothing.

Really if you think 500$ on a pet in a game that can be closed down on any day in which you would lose that object I don't know what to tell you.

8. Default

Comparing a useless bunch of pixels to riding in a space shuttle? Really? How often to you hear about that? A star named after myself? I can do that for free. How often do concerts roll around where tickets might even cost that much? Only one I can think of was Michael Jackson's...but oops. It's unfair to compare a Maplestory pet to any of those, because an MS pet is not entertainment.

"Pink Bean, sit." Real exciting and totally worth the $500. You're pathetic if you spent that much on an MS pet. Plain and simple. Yeah yeah, their money, etc. Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you're spending it intelligently.

9. Default

You also forgot to mention that pink bean is a false value. Everyone of those things have a fixed value, or average depending on many factors.

10. Default

Kind of narrow minded to say that pixels have no value, but agree that a lame little card, made of paper with a ugly guy playing something that's not really a sport, can be worth $500.
    I'd sooner die than spend anywhere near that much on a pet, but if people find joy in it, why is that worse than boozing away that amount when all you really get are hangovers?

Be happy instead, the amount of people spending that much cash on something makes Nexon profit like hell, a good pointer, almost a guarantee, that you will be able to play Maple for years to come.
    Last edited by CarrionCrow; 2009-10-01 at 11:56 AM. Reason: sloppy spelling

11. Default

Baseball card:

Tradeable
    limited(extremely if its worth 500$)
    History

Pink bean

Limited (suspicion that a expiring one will be released shortly after versions
    Saves 3k nx every 3months, 12$ a year

Yep, Pink bean overally worth is $12.50 a year. (12$ after first year)

12. Default

Most yugioh tournament decks are probably worth more than $500, let alone how much was spent to built the deck in the first place.
    Or the extreme end of how expensive pixels are: Eve Online titans are worth more than $5,000 minimum.

13. Default

Discussing pink bean, not pixels in general. A maple character has a $$ value as does his equipment. Pink bean is not worth 500$ in cashapon.

14. Default

Yep.

15. Default

And just because you have an opinion on something doesn't make it right and just because other's have a different opinion doesn't make them wrong; That's why they're opinions not facts.

People have the right to disagree with you, to disappoint you and to pretty much do whatever they want as long as it doesn't damage you - You can whine about it all you want but why bother?

I can just as easily argue you're wasting precious time you could be bettering humanity or whatever. Time is as valuable an investment as money. You're wasting yours nitpicking how other people choose to waste theirs. Saying that there are hypothetical better things someone could do is endless and pointless - They could've done pretty much anything else with the money but your opinion on the value of how they spend it is irrelevant. If you don't think they're spending it wisely, don't do what they do. Just that simple. Same works for most situations in life - You think someone is behaving immorally, don't do what they're doing.

Telling them you don't approve or agree or whatever is all nice and fine but insulting them and telling them how crappy they are, or how stupid, or how filthy isn't going to improve anything it just makes you an ass and suggests you can only feel good about your own "superiority" by pointing out how inferior everyone else is and why.

16. Default

Your logic is extremely flawed..or just don't understand the value of a dollar.

Yeah but whos opinion has more concrete evidence? Right and wrong has always been an opinion not a fact. 500$, is not worth a pink bean, a pink bean pet even unexpirable is no where near that much. Anyone who says "Yes 500$ was worth this investment" is just addicted. Even if you MTS merchant, the time wasted doing that, the other things you could have gotten would have been a lot more beneficial than a pet for looks. In todays recession I doubt 500$ is just a drop to anyone.

Then you jump into time when the subject is about money. You'll tell me time is money but the time 'wasted' doesn't have an impact such as 500$+ would. The point is the value of pink bean is definatly not something equilavent to a rocket ship ride. Enough straw grabbin.

And now I wonder with such biased thinking how much money did you invest into pink bean.

17. Default

Fun is fun. If spending $500 on getting a Pink Bean makes you happy, go for it. Although, I'll call you the happiest retard on the planet. We all perceive fun in different ways, to some getting that permanent Pink Bean makes them happy, and no matter what you do really, you can't take their happiness away. Although, spending that much to some like a Pet is a little absurd, it still makes them happy so why give a shit.

18. Default

Yes, why bother indeed? This argument is going nowhere. You think its ok for kids to spend $500 for a bunch of pixels, whereas I think it's laughable.

Agree to disagree.

19. Default

The value of a dollar is subjective.
    $500 is pretty meaningless to someone who brings home six figures, whereas it's life or death to someone making 14k a year. I suspect the lack of understanding is yours, around the concept of "perspective".

Interesting that you refer to straw, considering you're (purposefully or not) using a straw man argument by stating what you believe I'm saying then trying to counter it.

No-one said a pink bean was the equivalent of a rocket ship ride. The subject was "Price vs Value". There's no practical value in any of the things I named, and they all have disparate prices but for people who want them and can afford them they're worth it. Again. Perspective.

That'd be exactly 0$ because I haven't played MapleStory in over two months.

You're assuming bias because you're not really comprehending the subject being discussed and are reinterpreting it into the argument you want to have. More specifically you're inferring that I support people spending money on attempts at pink bean when in reality all I'm doing is supporting people's right to find their entertainment however they choose to without people telling them they're stupid for it. Entertainment by it's very nature is stupid and wasteful. "my entertainment is better than yours" is the equivalent of "im wasting my time better than you are".

To me the people trying to get a pink bean are no different than any other form of gambler. The specific value of the prize is virtually immaterial - It's the thrill of winning they're after. that's the same reason people will spend dozens of dollars at those retarded little claw machines and hundreds playing lotto and other forms of gambling. You can argue that those have a chance of "real pay off", but it's not exactly a secret that the odds are enormously against it happening and doesn't stop people being just as excited over the dinky little wins (like the cranes).

20. Default

Then I have nothing further to debate about if you agree the investment is a tad retarded. I doubt many people are throwing 500$ into craning machines though, let's be realistic here.