Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] GM Event Series: GM Trivia

1. Default

good thing i play in window mode. ill have hidden-street open on the side ~0~

2. Default

Who needs Hidden Street >_> Good luck looking up something and responding in time within 10 seconds.

LF> IsaacGS xD

(chances are pretty good I can answer any of their questions, but the big issue for me is reacting really fast)

3. Default

I wonder if its one winner per server or one throughout all servers.

Midnight - 6am, 8am - Noon for me.

4. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

WHOA.

I PRAY people with a masterful grasp of the English language, satisfactory competence, and the understanding of current GMS events and community emotions (aka, the perfect ambassador), wins the trivia. Just for this.

But lord knows 9/10 of those who win will be all "omg GM can u haste me? can you hs and bless me plz? u are so kewl! ty for talking 2 me!"

*Facepalms*

5. Default

Personally, I find it really hard to type lik dis bcaz it just not nataral to me. Chances are anyone with a decent dose of english wouldn't have to waste time thinking about the words they type anyways and spell correctly (unless their diplomatic skills suck).

6. Perma-Banned

IGN: I quit MS
    Server: but don't
    Level: see
    Job: why people
    Guild: exaggerate about
    Alliance: it...

Even if that happens I think you have way to much expectation of that conversation... It'll probably be like that one awkward conversation we've all had with some passing person at work who was just a little to emotional about his/her day (like when you see a stranger and say "Sup" and they actually think that's a gateway to a conversation instead of a greeting)... not some question and answer segment...

7. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Don't forget these people need to have Maplestory knowledge. Wipes out about 99.7% of the community.

Where art thou Isaac?

The only problem I can see is that the GM will get so many replies that the first few replies are not going to be accessible because of the scrolling cut off.

8. Default

I'm pretty sure they can track the chat records.....

9. Helium Atom
    IGN: Taikobos
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Shinyuu
    Alliance: Cascada

This is gonna be interesting!! I definetely want chat time with the GM! **** the maple points!

10. Default

I MUST WIN.. I MUST... TESPIA.. ASK.. OF..

Please, everyone, if you win, ask about it

11. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

I can see the main draw for some on SP will be talking to the GM a-@ Hope they remember to SS the conversation :O

12. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

I hope they make hard questions, such as "From what ancient civilization is the Flash Jump symbol derived from?" instead of "What color is Snail?"

13. Default

If you win, try to remember the GM's know nothing. So it's no use asking them "when will we get <new content name>?" or "will there ever be <desired feature>?" or anything else for that matter.
    Use your chat time to inform them of what the community wants, and hope they actually pass it on (highly unlikely, but, *shrug*, can't hurt to try).

14. Default

I can imagine this event being a big flop. I don’t think the questions will be good.

They made people answer with the weather effects all the time for lots of events. I don't know if they still do. But at least you see GM's in SEA all the time, better than GMS.

15. Default

Eh, even if you're buddy with a GM it'll say they can't be found. It will only tell their channel. (Not sure how that works with the newer buddy organization, didn't have a GM in BL for a while. xD)

Neither can you track them even when their whisper are on.

I know this from eMS. ;K

Edit: At above, there's been events in gMS where you had to respond with Smegas in order to win.

16. Default

Why the fixation about GM's? It confuses me a bit.
    After all they are just low grunts at Nexon with little to no information about the stuff most of us want to know. Participate in their events if it float your boats, but don't expect them to give you any real information outside of what they are there for, because they are lacking in that department. Hell look at how they play in their own test server.

17. Water

IGN: Negerpaardje
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 105
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Infinity
    Alliance: ~~~~
    canada

Yes, now you win.

I promise if I win in Bera I will relay only concerns, and not even ask for skills, mostly because I don't really train anymore, t'would be pointless.

As much as you know I hate Tespia, I promise to bring it up, as well as bring up some concerns about the way it currently works.

Assuming I win, but then again, I'm not in Khaini, have fast fingers, and know my way around maple, I've got a shot.

18. Default

eMS =/= gMS

I'm definitely bringing up Tespia though. I want it back, it's a good idea if people didn't have the "OMG I R AW3S0M3 CUZ I JST GT 2 LVL 162 CUZ I AW3S0M3!!!!!1111"
    Just make it like Maple, except with upped EXP and Droprate.
    That's all I'm asking for.

19. Default

You totally are right, and I totally agree with you.

Too bad, NEXON keeps not listening to my suggestions for Tespia. It's obvious they won't want to have another Tespia round like the other ones where people spammed fake reports, but if they won't listen to my suggestions, then nothing will be done.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2009-09-19 at 12:05 PM.