Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Info] September Preview

1. Default

me too

2. Default

Urgh trash gallore... Where are my god damn Masteria updates?! Really I need something new thats not full of as much epic phails as Temple of time. Recolors! Extremely dumb "ultimate" boss! Lack of heart, soul and thought! Welcome to ToT!

3. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Wait, no, nevermind. I thought you were mocking me.

4. Default

I think this is just filler and the real patch (this can hardly be considered a patch...) will be exactly when I predicted.

5. Default

Nexon have a personal vandetta against you, thus they're holding back on new Masteria updates just to break your sanity.

6. Default

This is most likely not all that the patch will contain, but if this crap is added with a patch, it is a patch. There's no unclearness of the definition of what a patch is. IŽll agree that fail content like this should not be worthy of a patch tho.

7. Default

That's from a quest from Thailand's Floating Market.

8. Default

Probably around November, especially December would be best.

9. Default

imo it's going to essentially be a patch extension. They'll add some random crap events to tide us over until the new content mid-october. It would be too much work for them to release two patches with actual content so close together (if they pushed it to the last second they'd have exactly one month to get content for an October patch together if they released content in September. Usually they take around 5 weeks.)

Thing is, if they ended up pushing the October patch back, they'd feel the rage of one million nerds quivering fearfully at the idea of not getting Halloween content (myself included. I love holiday events)

10. Default

What a great September patch. I've never seen a great patch like this one.

Well, it was to be expected. Let's see the content they'll bring us on October.

11. Default

The last few patches have brought us Cygnus, Maker, Time Temple, and Mu Lung Dojo. Good stuff that a lot of people have been waiting for.

I really don't know what people were expecting. Kids are in school now. More "good stuff" probably won't come until around Christmas time. And even if we did get something fabulous in this coming patch, between school and work I don't even know if I'd want a ton of awesome content distracting me right now. Hell, my Cygnus isn't even anywhere close to 120 yet.

These are the things I tell myself when disappointing content looms on the horizon. What can you do.

12. Mercury
    IGN: 0Chuey0
    Server: Windia
    Level: 207
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Kay, an announcement posting what one event in a patch is and one event in this patch. Someone tell me where the fishing event is the WHOLE patch.

13. Default

If i understand you right you are asking why we think this is the entirety of the patch? Well we can't be sure of course, but simple marketing tells us it's stupid to advertise stuff everybody know is considered trash if you have bigger guns in your arsenal.

14. Mercury

Wouldn't that leave us thinking poorly and then going WOOOOOAH at something not revealed? They don't spoil Masteria AFAIK, feel free to correct me. ._.

Still, I can't think of anything major and fitting to be patched now.... Maybe Balrog, but I feel like other stuff is saved for later.

15. Default

I wish that they thought like that, but every time they make one of these preview posts, it's about what they consider the biggest updates. They might post another preview soon that will reveal more, but rest assured they will never patch in something grande unless the hype it first.

They spoiled the masteria patches more than they've spoiled any other update... Not even 4th job, pirates or cygnus was as hyped through their own marketing.

16. Mercury

Well, goes to show joining Maple after NLC's creation leaves you lacking in knowledge...

17. Default

Assuming I started after that patch and implying lack of knowledge is just ignorant to wave around with. I have been playing for almost 4 years.
    But what I was referring to is the marketing they've done since they started to actually care posting such notices. It's hardly anything they have been doing for THAT long. If you know why they started posting patch notices in the first place you will also remember why SP stopped publishing GMS extractions. Before that they only had the most shallow information.
    But, as I recall it, NLC was in fact mentioned in the GM blogs, all though not like how they promote stuff now, well before the actual patch, so my point still stands.
    Last edited by CarrionCrow; 2009-09-16 at 06:07 AM.

18. Default

I think he was talking about himself

19. Default

Yea I just thought about that, I edited out the worst part of my post. I'm writing a darn uni essay right now so I might be a tad off. I'll apologize if I got it wrong.