Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

With a 61% damage margin, you could put a lot of points into hp and still be stronger.

For example, 1010->400 dex (Corsair) = +11000 hp, I believe. That's easily enough to tank PB (base is around 5k at 18x, I'd hope 26k HB'd is enough?)

2. Default

Survivability doesn't really matter for PB, whether you can survive a hit or not, you'll want to dodge everything anyways other than the 1/1 (and big bang if you have stance). Seduce is not fun, crazy skull is a pretty big risk of death, and stun and super KB are huge dents in damage output. Archmages are only really useful for slow and summon control so that all the ranged attackers don't end up endlessly pumping out 1 damages to the few summons who survive long enough to cast wep cancel once the summons get going. Neutral resistance just makes it so that their comparative damage to pink bean at least won't be complete garbage.

3. Neon Atom
    IGN: FluffyFoxxie
    Server: Bera
    Level: 18X
    Job: Marxman
    Guild: RedShift
    Alliance: Purified
    usa

Quick question, would PB's P2 resistance completely change MM DPS, considering that Snipe is static damage? Every other physical classes' DPS would simply be cut in half, but such would not be the case for a MM.

4. Default

Well, I can't be entirely sure that Snipe is calculated client side or not given its odd damage calculation, but P2 did not affect the damage from Snipe (195k damage every time)

5. Default

Now that's interesting then... Marksmen being Pink Bean's Nightmare...

6. Default

Although this wouldn't affect the battle with PB, it's still interesting to note the following:

Ice Immune + Cold Beam = No Freeze
    Ice Immune + Ice Demon = No Freeze Damage (???)

P Immune + Blind + Piercing Arrow = Darkness
    P Immune + Hamstring + Hurricane = Slow

So P Immune does not stop status effects

7. Default

Thank you a lot for this =)

I was looking for this about two days ago so i can add it to my DB.

BTW, what are the monsters which have P1 @ gMS? In bMS, looks like the only one who has is The Elemental Thanatos.

8. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Question:

HH works so that if a monster has less than 100k/200k hp, then the hp is reduced to 1. Still applies for P1/P2? Also, does HH deal same damage when monster has P1/P2 activated as without? (It's supposed to be holy elemental..)

9. Default

I'm very sorry to ask this, but... what the pineapple is "P resist"?

10. Default

Physical element. PB resists it.

11. Default

I tried using Pally's banhammer on a snail with 8m HP. The HP of the snail went to 1, but I cannot guarantee that this is because the true calculation for this would bring the snail to 1 since that might be coded on the server. I will try Ambush.

EDIT:

Max Ambush
    Clean Maple Asura Dagger
    P2 resist

12. Default

Dammit.

I was just arguring with Cactuar yesterday about ambush, I thought it wouldn't work.

brb crying

I say we kill pink bean with an army of 30 paladins power guarding and HHing it.

Surely that will work!

Although isn't HH only 10k DPS? 200k every 20 seconds and all. D:

13. Default

Ambush only considers base stats? Interesting.

14. Default

Would a P Resistant, non-boss monster, hit with ice or fire demon then take normal damage from physical attacks, or would they still take 50% damage?

15. Default

Yeah, that's completely wrong. 200k damage (or monster's current HP - 1, whichever is lower) or gtfo.

My prediction beforehand was that BanHammer could care less whether the monster was P2 or P1. I 2hit-KO elementally immune monsters using the element they're immune to when I BanHammer them.
    Last edited by KajitiSouls; 2009-09-13 at 08:44 PM.

16. Default

Your Paladin must not be very powerful if it did not occur to you that you would be hitting the damage cap.
    Every other attacking class does damage in multiple hits, so they will all kick Paladin ass.
    Last edited by Radius-86; 2009-09-13 at 11:06 PM.

17. Default

Since when do Blaze Wizards have a stronger than Paralyze single target attack? Last time I checked they don't have a single target attack at all.

18. Default

Technically, there aren't many non-bosses above 200k HP?

Though, if it's been done and proven before, disregard me.

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

99% sure there is not a single non-boss monster above 200k HP in any other version except JMS.

I'm sure if we could find an english speaking paladin in JMS he could test it on neo tokyo monsters though...