Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I suppose the crew that will take down PB will be a team of 24 F/P using Paralyze/Meteo (because Paralyze > CLightning on single target) and 6 Bishops.

Given an F/P of modest means with the following equips at level 180:

Ele Wand 6 (155/7) (+5)
    15 INT ZHelm
    15 INT Overall
    10 INT 5 MATK cape
    5 MATK earring
    Deputy Star

Max Amp
    19 MW
    912 base INT (LUKless)

He'd be doing 29,000 - 36,000 with max Paralyze on Pink Bean (not counting for 1930 Magic Defense on PB, mind you) or doing 39,000 - 49,000 with Meteo

2. Default

Sounds like a plan.

3. Default

Here's hoping for a P3H3 boss worth fighting in the near future then...

4. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

That wouldn't really put Paladins that far ahead though because Bishops and any class with a neutral attack (including the high-DPS classes) will get a bonus too.

5. Default

This doesn't explain that weird anomaly from the MSEA client testing you did. Or maybe they didn't fully update the .exe xD

6. Default

Didn't he only try with normal attacks on the SEA client?

7. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

Fiel, i am now in man-man, no-gay love with you. youre telling me that, my WINDIAN f/p, CAN FINALLY BE OF USE IN SOMETHING?! *spreads the word*
    REJOICE, Oh ye of the venomous flames, REJOICE AND CELEBRATE! The chains that bound us to menial servitude and repression by the founders and forgers of this land which upon we tread our feet hath finally given unto us a SOURCE TO REJOICE and CELEBRATE! Arms raised towards the sky, March unto the gates of eternity, Fires at our backs and Miasma fills the air, WE STRIKE AS ONE!

8. Default

I'm actually leaning more of the Hero, FP x4, Bishop party. You still need to deal out the damage on the statues.

9. Default

Fiel, may I request a test of level 1 Ranger's Inferno against P2 and/or P2F2?

Not that it would be worth using over Hurricane regardless, but it's worth investigating.

10. Default

Sad to say, that's not a big enough improvement to make them useful. If you convert 29-36k to dps, it's around 46000 dps.

Dusk's thread compares level 200s, so dropping that to 180 is a matter of -100 primary stat, plus -15 due to MW30. From a primary stat around 1130 for phys. classes, that drops to 1010 or so, for a 10.7% damage discount.

Taking that into account, there's a factor of 0.447 to throw in.

So for direct comparison, divide 46k by 0.447 = 103000. Compare:
    + Corsair 174000
    + Night Lord 145000
    + Bowmaster 135000
    + Marksman 124000
    + Hero 112000
    + Dark Knight 111000 (Berserk)
    = Arch Mage F/P 103000
    - Buccaneer 102000
    - Shadower 90000
    - Paladin 75000 (I believe HH does a constant 80,000 DPS so that factors in by replacing 12% of Blasts -> 75600 dps)

This allows them to beat 3 classes who weren't there for dps in the first place...
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-09-12 at 07:12 PM.

11. Default

^ But this is Pink Bean. Archmages have Magic Guard, which gives them better survivability than... everyone else up there, including the top four, who are nearly implausible for taking a hit from PB, and one that I'm guessing is borderline.

12. Default

P2F2

EDIT: I gave the snail 8m HP, so that's why it's not dying.

13. Default

What's the multiplier for inferno if it's resisted? I know if the monster's weak to the element you do a strange 1.25x damage.

Oh, a major thing people tend to overlook in DPS calculations is that it's done without apples.
    Spoiler

I made the mage shield 80 magic attack more than normal to add onto the attack potion (which I couldn't seem to change).

14. Default

You should add the Neutral affinity since we know what skills it affects now.

15. Default

Kind of unfair to make a Paldin's attack both elemental and non-elemental, meaning they get double redux. That's just unfair. They should at least make charges make an attack become fully elemental.

16. Default

It's not "strange", it's completely explicable. Inferno has an x attribute in the data that represents what percent fire element it is. At level 30, it's half-fire, half-neutral. I think at level 1, it should be 21% fire, meaning it gets a multiplier 0.895x on F2?

The actual skill deals 50% damage, so 45 damage looks right. P2 doesn't affect it at all, even though it's 79% neutral. I guess the rule of thumb is that if it deals damage > 1 to FSILH-immune, it's affected by P element.

So in theory, a Blaze Wizard's elemental reset isn't affected by P. Interesting. (Yes, I know that doesn't practically apply to anything.)
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-09-12 at 08:57 PM.

17. Default

Unfortunately a Blaze Wizard's elemental reset doesn't work on immune monsters either.

18. Default

Yeah, that's what I deduced that from.

19. Default

If only Blaze Wizards could level to 200. Then they would be the choice class for PB. With a (stronger than paralyze) Single target attack.