IGN: Kuramisa
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 3x
    Job: Gunslinger
    Guild: Animus
    Alliance: DivineBoheme

Of course the compensation is 2x...but whatever at least their trying

2. Default

And I can easily get to at least 100 from 89 on my BW.

3. Mercury
    IGN: 0Chuey0
    Server: Windia
    Level: 207
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Leveling up > Belts that take forever to get

I didn't waste my whole day like everyone else, so I don't mind huuuuge delays if I can level 2-3+ times in such a short time. I REALLY wanna be a hero

4. Default

So now it's Nexon's fault too many people sat on their asses near their computer all day long and accomplished nothing? Don't blame a company for your own laziness and lack of productivity. Patch day? Do something with your life. Do chores, clean around, help other people, volunteer for something that helps society, do some research, read, piss on your neighbor's lawn, anything.

5. Default

I'm pretty sure noone sat staring at the screen all day hitting refresh; everyone found other ways to kill time while waiting on the availability to come back. Mostly by reading/posting crap on the internet apparently.

Don't particularly agree with your argument on trying to assign blame though. If a movie theater told you every 15 minutes for three hours that your show would be on in just another 15 minutes and you sat there waiting the whole time because you believed did they mislead you and do they owe you compensation?

The repeated "come back in an hour and we'll be ready" is about the same.

Yes people could've been doing other things, but they'd planned on doing this and kept being told they'd have the chance if they just gave the company one more hour.

They may have chose to sit on thier asses and wait, but the company mislead them into believing doing so would give them the opportunity to play, and the company is ultimately responsible for any down time - They're running a service after all. If your service is unavailable for protracted periods it's your fault, not the customers' and any company worth their salt is going to try to apologize. The aforementioned movie theater for example would've given complimentary passes and a rescheduled showing in most cases. Nexon extended expirations and gave 2x. Every company plays to it's strengths.

6. Default

I understand your point but this is apples and oranges. Theaters function on specific times.... Nexon's 24/7 service has -never- functioned exactly on time, something theaters must always do, if they are to stay in business.

Yes, the company misleads people by its crappy "wait another half hour" updates, but noone here is surprised by this. Nexon has done this for YEARS.

Even for those 2 people out there who have never witnessed Nexon's incompetence with time would have sensed a pattern at the 2nd "we're almost ready!" update. The writing is on the wall.

If a movie theater told you every 15 minutes for three hours that your show would be on in just another 15 minutes and you sat there waiting the whole time because you believed did they mislead you and do they owe you compensation?

Who the hell is dumb enough to still give the company their money if they keep doing something like that? I surely don't. Noone SHOULD be dumb enough to wait the entire time, but unfortunately, those people walk this earth. In my opinion, blame yourself for falling for the same trap over and over and over again. I wouldn't dare ask for compensation either. I would instead ask for someone to punch me in the face for waiting the whole time instead of doing something better with my time!

I'm pretty sure noone sat staring at the screen all day hitting refresh

My dear Eos, your naiveness is smile-worthy. There are a TON of people who sit there ALL DAY and hit refresh. I found this out quite indirectly a patch ago. I didn't know when the update would be live, but it was supposed to be soon. I had just gotten to the PC and tried my luck. Patch was live. I got in and in little time made my way to open up a market in the FM. I opened a spot in FM 1 on Channel 1 and within seconds saw a pouring in of users. I don't use the merchant mushroom stands, just a simple <cheap> store stand. Within seconds I was trolled to heaven and hell by users who DEMANDED I quit my store because they were waiting for hours, double-clicking the maple.exe icon to see if the patch was live yet. Their names were written all over the FM.

I believe the group was called explosion. Something like that. That day I learned, truly, there are losers out there.
    Last edited by rayhovite; 2009-08-27 at 04:08 AM.

7. Default

you negrobots will find any goddamned thing to complain about
    i'll take the 2x, and enjoy it

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

Don't feed them ideas now.

9. Default

This. Free x2 is ALWAYS welcome in my book.

10. Default

Most of those people have to be doing something else in between the constant checks, or while doing the constant checks. Otherwise they'd have gotten in ahead of you, theoretically.

That is depressing though. This is why I adore my little watcher app that notifies me when they come online. "set it and forget it" ftw

11. Default

I'm just happy that they extended the cs item times. And 2x never hurt anyone either.
    Maybe I'll finally level

12. Default

So will they extend the use of CS items on the next server maintenance/check/whatever? When I checked last night, my FM shop was not extended and it will expire before the next maintenance (if they keep up with their trend of Wednesdays being the maintenance day)

13. Default

I have a chem lab on Friday D:

stupid college giving me a bandwith limit