Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Whats up with tihs?
    more 18 minutes if no extension in the clsoe 10 minutes its the end and we can patch!

2. Default

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Update: The game update has been delayed. It is now scheduled to open at 7:00 pm PDT (2:00 am GMT). Thank you for your patience!

3. Default

Go go Nexon. Break the extension record!

4. Default

Wow
    they exceeded my 6:30 worst case.

5. Default

and now i cry

6. Default

No guys you got it all wrong, they're so hard at work and not want any flaws in this patch that they're extending their work from 9 hours to 19 hours.

7. Electron
    IGN: Kuramisa
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 3x
    Job: Gunslinger
    Guild: Animus
    Alliance: DivineBoheme

This will never end

8. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

lol, screw the coffee, they got "gravy" stuck inside the servers. took them many man hours to find enough women (prostitutes.) to clean it all up.

9. Default

omg i go eat something and sleep too
    lets hope tomorrow it will be up... wow epic fail >.>

10. Default

I've got my expectations high now. I won't be satisfied by anything short of a 23 hour patch . 'Sides, my evening classes end by then, so I'd be set; and at the rate they're going, I wouldn't doubt it.

11. Default

Spoiler

Because everyone's saying it.
    Last edited by EmuAlert; 2009-08-26 at 08:05 PM.

12. Default

I gues they are trying to beat ariant's record...
    And ariant was like, what? 25 hours?

Well im off to sleep, good night angry / raging/ QQing maplers

13. PinkBeanftw

When will it end?!

14. Electron
    IGN: Kuramisa
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 3x
    Job: Gunslinger
    Guild: Animus
    Alliance: DivineBoheme

I hope they don't extend it anymore

15. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

On the bright side i will bf hunt in peace tonight

16. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

It's no wonder Nexon never wanted to take the time to give update notices and inform the players. Because no matter what they'll get mocked, it seems.

And Shadow Trainer mentioned something I hadn't thought about. They were working for 21 hours straight. I know programmers for games often have lots of overtime, but they usually get breaks as well.

17. Default

Generally companies don't have one person/entire department do these things.

Whoever was on the overnight patch duty would've passed the torch to whoever was on the day crew to go home and recover unless the situation absolutely demanded all hands on deck.

You don't put all your eggs in one basket.

18. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

I was putting my hope in anything. Or were you referring to Nexon?

Generally, I'm pretty sure updating and maintaining servers requires several people. And while more might come, it's hard to just "pass the torch" without giving them a full update on what they've done already, which still takes time. Either way, they're on duty for 12 or so hours.

All in all, we have it easy. I never got the record time from my friend, but he's played WoW almost since it came out, and he says patches used to always be over a day long at the minimum. Down time was big, and server checks are still as big (Sometimes bigger depending on if something happens.) as ours. If it gives a company with lots of experience and professionalism as that, then it's no wonder there's trouble here.

And really, to be frank, pomegranate just happens. And that is why things take longer than expected generally. And that goes for most things in life, not just Nexon.