Thread: [In Progress] Back-to-School Events

1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Well guess what, you can't get one anyway. Suck it up.

No s'hit.

You want speed (4)? Here's a red katana. Have fun.

Why the f'uck are you peaching about end game weapons when KoCs aren't end game characters.

2. Default

@ TLX:
    Agent earrings are only tradeable because there's a misspelling in the data, and who are you to say agent equips are not endgame? The permanent shoes with some luck beats any other shoe a lukless mage could get. The permanent gloves could be really good, and the overalls can easilly beat out a sauna. I have some sympathy for those that miss events, but really, don't miss em? Besides the lunchboxes would not be half as acclaimed if not for those godforsaken abomination GM scrolls they accidentally put in. If this entire butthurt over weapons was for a Cygnus character, then why on gods green earth would you wan't to solo bosses on it? Adventurers do it so much better on the bosses that have some amount of challange, granted, maybe not for pap and pianus, but then again you hardly need the maximum amount of power to take them down in mere minutes.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

They're still tradeable in KMS brah.

4. Default

Zakum helms are better than all of those hats.

There is nothing wrong with giving away an untradable event item, but it becomes a problem when that item is the best possible weapon in the game.

Really? They can't level anymore. That is endgame isn't it?

Besides this also applies to heroes and paladins, so what is your point?

121 atk clean executioner is almost non-existent. The best I have seen is 118. Even if you are some how able to get a 159 atk executioner, someone with a 144atk lunchbox will still beat you.

Also, note that:
    121 clean executioner = 16.8bil (600m each try, 4% chance of 121 + 10% breaking rate)
    Lunchbox = free

How is that not a huge advantage? They get a FREE weapon that can't even be beat after spending 16.8bil, just because they started playing 1 year earlier.

Useless reply since you got proven wrong?

Useless reply since you got proven wrong? (again)

I already use a RK. What does that have to do with anything?
    Opinions are worthless; not everyone thinks KoC aren't endgame.

And how does this not apply to heroes?

5. Default

Yea I know, it's a fairly harmless bug, but it's still a bug. HP washing is still around in all versions, and thats obviously and undisputably a kind of glitch. If it wasnt they would sooner sell HP directly in the CS.

6. Default

I have never heard of anyone with an agent shoe better than my YSS. Why don't you try mass scrolling agent items? You can't.

They are not better than the other options out there.

What the hell? How the pineapple do you "not miss" an event in a game that you have not started yet?

Lunchbox would still be the best even if GM scrolls didn't exist.

How does this not apply to heroes and paladins? Those classes can get to 200, can't they?

7. Default

It was you who spoke of 130 weapons and not being able to use, so that was why I mentioned it.
    I do see that arguing with you will not change your bias, but come on, if you did not play a year ago, why would you be entitled to an event item form back then? It's not they should serve everything on a freaking silverplate, Do the best you can with what you got, You are the only one that forces the notion you must be the ultimate, best, uber and so on player out there. You might not outshine Hero XXX that has a perfect lunchbox, but why would you need to do that? With a reverse executioners the trainingspeed would be virtually identical, and soloing zakum? You'd be what, 5 minutes slower? Hardly anything to cry about if you really think about it? Not like you would beat the guys with duped/hacked gear anyway, and if you are one of them, you just lost the right to feel butthurt.

Ill take my leave from this particular discussion, but I hope a lunchbox falls down on your lap so you can feel as good as the other 0,0000000001% of the heroes in global who actually got a perfect LB.

8. Default

Ask MasPan about his 14 int Agent Shoe. That's pretty godly.

She was saying that it wouldn't matter to a KoC if they had a lunchbox or a lvl 130 sword, because they are not end game. End game means something that will be use at the end of the game, such as fighting pink bean. Paladins and heroes can still deal crazy amount of damage, even without using a Lunchbox. Lunchboxes aren't the godliest sword out there.
    Last edited by DualReaver; 2009-08-26 at 11:23 AM.

9. Default

I want you to think about this logically. You are complaining that not everyone has access to a top tier weapon. A weapon that was only distributed once. So you think it's 'destorying the game balance and doesn't make it fair'. Look, the players who did get it, got it, who missed it, well tough luck.

Because it's untradeble only that character can use it. You can't mass scroll them, you can't resell it, and its the only one that one character will have. Not everyone has the money to white scroll it, and using a dark scroll on it is one ballsy move considering its the only one you will ever see. Therefore this 'huge advantage' is only for a select handful is it not? Those players have been playing longer, I don't see the problem. So your hero willl never reach the dps of what? A dozen hero's/Pallies? Do you think that dps difference will effect training that much?

Seriously dude, you are blowing this out of proportion. You are trying to prove a point, I see it, but it doesnt change the fact your point has a double edged sword as the rarity and one time oppurtunity will make it so lunchboxes will be rarely scrolled as good as you claim.

Potentially they are better, enough to make older players supperior to every new player? Highly unlikely.

10. Default

To brrow an image from the screenshot section.

Ohhohhohhoh, you think that comparing a perfect lunchbox, which was intended to only be obtained once by any player, is a fair comparision to scrolling a executioner, which can be obtained multiple times, as many as neccessary by any player? That alone makes executioners better.

11. Default

Uh, yes they are.

If I ever started playing my mage again, I could definitely buy a shoe better than 14int. I have seen 20+int YSS. In fact, I saw a 15int 2slot and the highest offer on it was only like 3b.

I compared a GM scrolled executioner to a GM scrolled lunchbox. Learn to read.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

There are so few perfectly scrolled lunchboxes that it doesn't really matter. Even if somehow you did get one, (which you can't since they're unkarmable and don't seem to be coming out again) your Dawn Warrior is not going to get much further. (Yay you can solo Pap a little faster!) Also, there are no more GM scrolls, so they are irretrievably out of reach. Aim lower, and maybe you shouldn't care about your damage this much.

But really, this argument is getting nowhere. /thread

13. Default

And that's why we're not getting anywhere. You won't accept anything but that. The best is not always based on stats, but on skill and usage as well. Lunchbox is a 1h Short sword. Some people might play beter being further back. And if you have SI, the weapons become the same exact speed. Playstyles and ability differ, therefore there is no such thing as "the best".

14. Default

TLX - Tough noodles.

I still have 13/14 of the 5 items that were given out at that event on my crusader, just incase it comes back. I couldn't get the items one day because the hurricane that passed by knocked out my internet that day. It wasn't my fault. But I'm not peaching about it, because in the end, 1000 or even more damage difference per second won't affect my damage much.

Executioners look better. There's your plus there. And when you DO have SI, when it MATTERS (ie. bossing), the executioners will be better.

15. Default

way too much qqing in this thread
    do you want to brandish with a stupid pineappleing lunchbox, or do you want to brandish with a sword called the executioner

16. Default

The events sounded bad in the sneak peak and yeah they turned out to be as lame as they sounded what a surprise. It's too bad you need an event to involve Nx to get a half decent prize anymore.

This is GMS the answer to that should be obvious.

17. Default

I have seen GM scrolls for sale. How does that even matter? A clean lunchbox is better than a clean executioner. A 60%'d lunchbox is better than a 60%'d executioner. A GM scrolled lunchbox is better than a GM scrolled executioner. etc etc etc

Ok, you know nothing about warriors. Brandish hits the same distance regardless of weapon.
    What you said is just an opinion, which means nothing. You don't care about your damage, fine. However, others can care about damage.

When I make my hero, the only boss I will be fighting often will be bigfoot. Do you really think I will lower my exp gain just so that I can get SI?

18. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

I think If Nexon cared more for balance, this wouldn't even happen. If they lunchbox DIDN'T EXIST, there would be no desire or jealousy over it.

19. Default

Lolwut? Are you SURE a 60%'ed Lunchbox is better than a 60%'ed Executioner?

off-topic

Oh wait, this isn't even a thread about that. So.. Does anyone know what kind of scrolls are mentioned as exchange rewards from Cassandra?

20. Default

Do you not understand basic addition?

Executioner: 108atk
    +3 diamond
    +3 black crystal
    +3 level ups
    +1 str crystal
    +11 5/7 60% scrolls
    129 total

Lunchbox: 109atk
    +11 5/7 60% scrolls
    +20 speed difference
    140 total

Lunchbox is 11atk better. Please learn basic math before trying to act like you know what you are talking about. Lunchbox is better, you have no pineappleing clue what the hell you are saying.