IGN: I quit MS
    Server: but don't
    Level: see
    Job: why people
    Guild: exaggerate about
    Alliance: it...

brb changing pants...

2. Default

With typical equipment (fastest weapon possible + booster, but no wind booster) Dragon Roar take 1230ms/15 monsters = 82ms/monster, while Ice Splitter takes 540ms/6 monsters = 90ms/monster. Sharkwave + Sparks ties for second (if Sparks never targets a dying monster), it would be 810ms/9 monsters = 90ms/monster. Of course, that's by millisecond, any class that has a decent mobbing move will do fine.

3. Default

Spell Damage:
    MAX = ((Magicē/1000 + Magic)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack
    MIN = ((Magicē/1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack

It is not a linear/constant rate. It's quadratic, only problem is that it's by such a low factor...

4. Default

1230ms cast + 2000ms player stun... even assuming the 2 second stun starts at the same time as you attack it's only 133ms per monster. Rush hits 10+ and takes the standard cast time (600ms fast?) for <60ms per kill.

5. Default

The point is, it's mainly based off of magic attack, so at high levels you have a crapload of magic attack, and increasing it doesn't help nearly as much as it does for other classes, who have a crapload of their main stat that is eventually multiplied by weapon attack. Mages are like other classes that can only improve their main stat, not their weapon attack. And even though it's technically quadratic, the curve is very close to being linear.

@ Stereo: Where'd you get the 2000ms stun from? It sounds realistic but it's not in the attack speed thread.
    Last edited by EmuAlert; 2009-08-25 at 02:59 PM.

6. Default

Uh, have you ever used Dragon Roar? It's in the skill description. When you use it it freezes you in place and there's an uncancelable buff in the top right corner that says you've been stunned.

Too bad Rush isn't spammable

7. Default

Nope.

magical damage

So yeah. It's quadratic, but pretty close to being linear. I sorta wish that I could show you a graph of other classes' damage, but it'd be 3d (4d if you count the secondary stat).
    Last edited by EmuAlert; 2009-08-25 at 05:55 PM.

8. Default

That's one sick ass belt, 3 slots. Buying Belt Dex scrolls@.

9. Default

so...

this will pretty much make anything below a black belt useless [and that too at higher lv's ].

belt scrolls plawks

10. Default

I read the title and got worried all my Dojo work was going to be for naught, then I lol'd at the 1 attack.

15 stats from dojo belt > 1 attack

Though properly chaos'd and this thing could be incredible.

11. Default

Wot? There's only 3 slots...unless you're counting on +5 of both of your main stats for all three scrolls...

12. Default

Vicious Hammers.

13. Default

Oh pomegranate, I forgot.

Wee. I don't see people going after 58 attack Maple Shields, 39 attack PACs, 37 attack Facestompers, and the like, though.

Find me someone that has the balls to continue Chaosing it at 16 attack.

14. Default

Do you really think mages need as large a boost from m.atk iems as other classes get from their attack items...
    Really?

I mean, right now to me it seems to be pretty well balanced, with how much money it takes in funding to one hit skeles and stuff like that.

Do you guys really want it to be that as soon as a mage hits 120 they can 1 hit KO everything in the game?
    Lets take some attack items and make them equal to their M.atk conterparts, assuming 1 atk= 5 of whatever damage stat:

Cider, 20 attack: Cider, 100 M.atk
    MoN, 10 attack: MoN, 50 M. Atk
    Shield, 15 attack: Shield, 60 M.atk
    Cape, 4 attack clean: Cape, 20 M.atk clean
    Gloves, 15 attack: Gloves, 60 M.atk

...and so on.

Mages don't need the boost. They do everything they need to do well enough with the equips we have. To give them equal boosts from the items we get would just be insane.

OT: Meh, I'm not really too impressed by all these attack items. They simply replace any other option, if you kept it with normal stats it could be a little more interesting. For example, you might have to choose between a speed/ jump belt or a plain old stat adding one. Something like that, but the more attack equips we get the more everyone will end up just equipping exactly the same stuff as everyone else.

Yeah I know it's always kind of been like that, but in my hopes and dreams there lives a different maple.
    Last edited by SoupySoupy; 2009-09-08 at 06:30 AM.

15. Default

Yes. MAGE EQUALITY FOR THE WiN!

Plus Nexon can just nerf Ults and buff bossing abilities. Actually I would prefer a stronger Chain Lightning and a weaker Blizzard. Maybe max Blizz down to 450 magic and max CL up to 250.
    Last edited by Holypie; 2009-09-08 at 04:36 PM.

16. Default

5x15 is 75.

17. Default

They need to remake the magic formula to be more like the WA ones, so an item doesn't need 5 MA to balance 1 WA.

18. Default

Saying 1 atk = 5 of the damage stat just doesn't work though... it might incidentally be right but it's not a hard law.

Having +matk from gear/pots that adds to the spell's base attack instead of to the MAGIC stat is the only way to have "fair" gear. But the classes aren't balanced with that in mind.

It's not a competition, every class doesn't need the same gear. How come pirates can't wear Taru Capes? Or Bosshunter armor? They lose out on stats because of that, surely. Why does the level 70 warrior hat only add 1 stat, the rest add 4? It is a Nexon Mystery.