Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.253] Attack Belt

1. Default

Exactly what I thought. I don't think they're quite aware that magicians tend to have 5-10 times as much Magic Attack as all other classes.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

I don't think Nexon Korea really knows what kind of imbalances exist in all other versions. All of the content that they design for KMS might be balanced in KMS, but conditions in other versions can turn it into the most unbalanced thing ever.

(fun fact: KMS does not even have elemental wands. I haven't seen that many discussions about ultimate spamming from the KMS side of the community either.)

Anyways, it looks like this new belt might be a Hell Mode reward.

3. Default

People always talk about how Nexon doesn't know the whole Weapon Attack/Magic Attack thing. But I never see talk about them just not giving a damn about the whole Weapon Attack/Magic Attack thing. Which I find to be much more likely.

4. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

Wouldn't that mean they'd be the same, and they'd just copy-paste it? Or that it'd be 1 atk and 10 m.atk, as it's just a zero at the end? I think it's more likely the programmers are forcefully separated from the GM's who actually play the game. By, say, an entire world.

Edit: As it is, if they don't change the hp, damage, def, etc, of those monsters, it'll be WAY too easy for the high levels to do that PQ. I assume they will change it, because even a monkey could win that game at 120 as long as the only button they have to press is their mob skill.

If they don't change it, (And even if they DO, probably best past mages.) bandits will own this PQ. Band of Thieves is the fastest mobbing skill, combined with Pick Pocket with some meso exploding here and there. If I remember right, Meso Explosion hits 12 monsters at max level?
    Last edited by Zpyke; 2009-08-24 at 10:19 PM.

5. Default

I'm sure Nexon is aware Mages can hit 5-10 times more monsters than others can so they dont need the magic attack.

*waits for attack earrings*

6. Default

Any Dragon/Dark Knight with a normal speed Polearm is the fastest mobber there is using Polearm Fury.

7. Default

I just love how everything that comes out is now 'attack' equipment this and that![/sarcasm]

It was more fun when people weren't hoarding attack points as much when the pre-4th job days were here, seriously. At least then, levelling past 130+ was a real work-out.

8. Default

A 10-15 stat belt depending on your class is still better I'd say, but a godly chaos'd one of these could own.

9. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

I was more referring to the fact that the skill has a big circle radius, and you can even be facing a wall when you attack. As long as you hit something, the attack will hit more monsters around it.

As far as milliseconds for how long the animation is, they're tied at speed 2. If there was more speed, they'd probably still be tied. But they can't be facing the wall when you attack. And that warriors have little to no luck for avoiding monsters, and no haste, (If soloing.) getting from one mob to the next isn't as easy.

Sure, in this PQ, the mobs often come to you, but if you clear out a side, you can either walk to the other side or wait for the next spawn. And hog only helps out some in that regard. You still get hit.

And on-topic, I too wish there was less atk equipment. Didn't MapleStory once pride itself on how everyone could be more diverse, etc? Sure, even back then there was what was considered the "best" gear. But back then there was still a choice between, say, how much extra attack range you could get on your bowman with the right gear for more str. Now it's just attack and more attack. It's become a no-brainer.

10. Default

Band of Thieves needs to hit at least one monster inside its activation range before it can hit all six targets. It is also the smallest area of effect skill in the game. Faster (2) Arrow Rain is just as fast, hits a much larger area, and doesn't require an activation range. Technically speaking, the fastest mobbing skill is Polearm/Spear Slash Blast + FA. Since all the monsters have 1 HP, FA's pomegranate damage reduction won't matter and they'll be able to mob a lot faster using this. The range is the only issue, in which case they can use Fury, which is huge.

11. Default

This got a little off topic, but i have a level 105 chief bandit and from all my classes, I can honestly say band of thieves is the most annoying AoE. you have to really get in the middle so it'll hit all monsters since it has a really short distanced area effect.

12. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

When you're doing less than 1 damage with sb, you miss on the mob

13. Default

Rush @ about .7 seconds per cast for... what is it? 12 or 15 targets? combined with Fury (in cooldowns) is the fastest way to kill low hp monsters. Both skills have a far better range than SB or FA.

14. Default

THIS.

I'm really happy right now.

15. Default

Using CL in this looks like fun. It's almost as fast as BoT(60 MS slower I believe?) And has the capability of hitting monsters off screen. Plus the damage reduction means nothing when everything has 1 HP.

16. Neon Atom
    IGN: Reflexx
    Server: KMS
    Level: 122
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: EllinForest
    Alliance: Foreigners

tis is awesome! finally something nice in KMS, also how are you guys getting these numbers? 16 attk belt? 26 attk belt? the belt starts with 1 attk and has 3 slots, no matter how godly you chaos it will never reach those numbers... amirite? unless ur talking about something in GMS idk about

17. Default

If you do happen to have the most incredible luck in the world, Chaos scrolls add +5 at max to a stat. Therefore if you multiply 5x3 (Highest addition to a statxNumber of slots) you get 15 then you add the 1 attack making it 16. Same with 26 attack except if you hammer it, there are two more slots.

18. Default

lol

If you just need to do 1 damage, Flamethrower and Ice Splitter are faster and better than any of those skills.

Also, @above comments on w/m attack balance: I think, rather than providing a ton more magic attack than weapon attack on new items, many existing items can be balanced by changing the way magic damage is calculated to a damage range weighted more heavily on magic attack than INT. And Ele Wands are a f'ucking stupid idea, I don't blame KMS for not adding them. A balance update for that is in order, though.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-08-25 at 09:26 AM.

19. Default

Actually, the best is Dragon Roar, even though it would really hurt your HP potions. And as far as magical damage is concerned, I think the only thing that makes mages good is their ultimates. Without them, they'd arguably be the worst classes in the game, even with ele wands. Still, though, magic damage should be calculated differently. When almost all of your damage is calculated off of a single number that increases at a constant rate, it barely increases proportionally at higher levels.

20. Default

What the hell - what good is Dragon Roar? It takes 2 seconds to hit 15 monsters. You can use Flamethrower/Ice Splitter almost 4 times in that amount of time. They both have a pretty huge range and no minimum whacking range. From the videos I've seen it doesn't look like any climbing around is required, either; you can comfortably reach everything with those skills.

Not to mention Dragon Roar has no control over whether it hits a Yeti thingy.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-08-25 at 12:26 PM.