Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Board changes; Moderation changes;

The following changes will be taking place in the next few days:

- The world boards and all sub-boards will be removed from the forum. All they cause is more drama and flaming. More than half of all hacker accusations come from these boards. It's best to close them. If you want a place to discuss world topics, it's best to take them to another site.

- MapleBugs will be doing away with the prefix system and instead have one sub-board - a "Resolved" board. All resolved issues will be moved to the Resolved board, and all unresolved issues will stay in MapleBugs.

The following change is effective immediately:

- Once a user receives 7 points, that user will receive a 10-day temporary ban. If he should receive more than 14 points, that will result in a permanent ban from the account and a permanent ban on all accounts logged in from the same IP. For the unscrupulous few that already have more than 14 points, those users will receive a permanent ban and usermap axe at 21 points.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What does this mean?

3. Default

a permanent ban on all accounts logged in from the same IP

4. Default

That's cutting it close. The next seven points or concurrent total of seven points?

5. Default

Concurrent active total of seven points. Nothing has changed regarding the temporary ban policy.

6. Default

Not to question the administration of your message board, however, I would like to ask a couple things in regards to these changes. Why are you applying that 'now'? Did any users made complaints about any of the above? Or did you just think that doing this would be best for your message board? Because I just think how it's weird that you're changing how a user gets banned, just recently. Also, I would like to see another change within the forum. I sometimes ask if I have any 'infractions', and I know there's a tab for infractions on a person's user profile, but wouldn't it be much easier to have something on the side of your profile that says:

"You have '0' infraction(s)"
    "You have '1' infraction(s)"
    etc

Since I think it's easier to know if you have infractions that way?
    Last edited by Kawasari Mimoto; 2009-08-22 at 11:01 AM.

7. Default

Only because to say that an important moderation policy is "taking place in the next several days" and then to have something happen during that time would cause more headaches than its worth.

Many moderators are wondering at what point does a user get permanently banned? At what point is enough "enough"? Well, this is the line that I draw.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So if my points expire those don't count?

9. Default

So it's 7 or 14 active points? Expired points count for nothing right?

Edit: ninja'd

10. Default

I see, so you discussed this with the rest of the moderation team. That does make sense. Alright, you answered my question, well, one of them, haha. ;P

11. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Septher
    Server: vengeance
    Level: 172
    Job: ShAHHHdower

So 14 ACTIVE infractions is a permanent ban? I thought infractions reset after a temp. ban?

12. Default

I apologize, I probably wasn't clear enough.

If a user remains under 7 points and those points expire (which they do after 90 days), those points do not count against the total. Once you get banned, those 7 points remain on your record with the moderation team (not necessarily with the database - but we know who has been banned in the past).

If you get 7 more active infraction points, that will result in the permanent ban regardless if your previous points expire or not.

13. Won't Be Coming Back

Ok, let me see if I've got this right. If you get 7 infraction points and they all expire, they don't count towards the total needed for a permanent ban, however, if you get banned once, all points that led to that ban will count towards the eventual permanent ban?

So if a user gets temp banned twice, they're permabanned? DON'T GET IT FIEL

14. Default

FFS, Greg. If a person has a clean record and they get 7 points it's a temp ban. Then after they get unbanned if they get 7 MORE points it's a permanent ban.

If someone already has EXPIRED points those won't count for anything.

15. Won't Be Coming Back

oh lol

GOT IT

16. Default

Ok that makes sense....
    I never really posted in the world sub forums but if you get rid of them it seams less like a maple story forum D: .

17. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Vernacular
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 100
    Job: Striker
    Guild: EllinForest

I would like to request an infraction for derailing threads in the funhouse.
    Talking about massive derails. :/

18. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Well damn. Oh well. I really don't wanna go back to sleepywood for their Mardia forum. I left it 'cause a certain someone was creating problems there, and then happened to come here after I left and came here. >.>

Edit: I totally agree with Taylor above. I won't name names, but there are a few people destroying funhouse threads.
    Last edited by holyforest; 2009-08-22 at 11:43 AM.

19. Default

Time to get your calendar out and plan your Trolling.

I can't say I have been bothered by how people behave on the forum but I guess I can see how some might.

I doubt anyone will miss the world sub forums since no one used them anyway.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Well that's a bummer. I do admit though that in world forums like Mardia and Scania I'm very sure drama and flaming runs rampant like wildfire.

Are Greg and Opeth at least clear from the permanent banhammer? It'd be a shame to lose two of the forum's funny trolls/members.