Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You might as well remove every SPECIFIC world forum, and lump it all into one world forum where all server related discussion, guild recruitment, etc goes.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

because I was talking to you.

3. Default

I agree, though I hope our other world forums will become more lively; Mardia's (along with spawning 95% of the reported material in any world forum) is miles ahead of the rest in terms of activity.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    usa

It could also have something to do with the fact that no other world has the interest of Eos. He has a lot of good information. He just so happens to share a lot of it specifically to our world about our world. I, personally, enjoy the information Eos gave us in our section. I really hate to lose it. I also hate to lose a section for him to post world specific information, as well.

5. Default

Funny, cause I see examples of all of the above in the Mardia section, although a lot of them have dwindled due to general attrition.

Removing them removes the potential for them as well. You might not have them now because SouthPerry's populatin is so miniscule, and possibly more so for some worlds than others, but if they're gutted from existence you'll never have them and SouthPerry has one less avenue of growth to attract people and is one more level of generic Maple blah.

Ever since SP lost it's extractions it's had absolutely nothing special to draw people beyond the fact it's not place x, y or z. The fact it's growing at all is a borderline miracle and I fail to see how removing entire sections is going to help foster further growth.

Drama is going to happen. Asking there not to be drama is like asking people to be toasters. If enforcing the rule is a burden, maybe the rule itself is the problem. The omre active a world is here, as Providence noted, the more you're going to have people who disagree clashing. As long as they keep it to their own little world where the drama's going to play out anyway, why care?

If anything it gives a realistic view into what each world is like for people conisdering moving, and shows how factions divde themselves, what topics trigger what reactions and so forth.

Flattering, but I'd just move our little Puppy thread into a "What's Up Today In Mardia" thread and spam the General section with things they don't care about, or troll us over, proving the whole drama-is-everywhere thing.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-08-22 at 03:37 PM.

6. Default

Hey, yesterday it was 90%.

7. Default

That Magus character. . .a glass always half-full.

8. Default

Yeah, but we made up for that today by burying the needle at 110% when we realized the forum was gonna die and survival of the threads didn't matter any more.

9. Default

As has been said, the fact that some of the worlds' forums produce reported content does not mean that the best way to resolve the situation is to completely remove the forum itself. The General Maplestory section often holds complete flame wars, too, but we won't remove that lest we remove an integral part of any gaming-related forum. Last I checked, every MMO's fan-forum contained sections for each server. You can bet the moderators over in those forums see similar or greater numbers of reports regarding those sections. It's not like infractions and warnings were ever difficult to give out, anyway.

I realize that the world forums aren't exactly active, anyway, but Southperry.net has been growing rather rapidly. It seems reasonable to assume that the activity of the world forums could rise as the numbers of active users do. Why should we deny them before knowing what the future will bring?

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    usa

This is what I have been saying. If there are a few people causing problems... give them a few weeks break from sp. Surely they will understand the way they say things aren't taken well. If they continue, make it a perma.

11. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

I'm absolutely shocked they're getting rid of the world specific forums. Unforunately I think that will only lead people to solely read and post on other websites that will have that feature enabled. Too much drama is easily solved through banning. While it is a lot of work and requires a lot of babysitting, it shouldn't stop this site from allowing the more mature user more options that we have come to enjoy.

I always keep an eye on the world specific discussions such as, well.......just about everything Eos already mentioned. It made it much more user friendly to be able to find such things. Drama will happen no matter if you rid the world specific forums or not. Again, it just gives us less options to enjoy as a whole on this site.

While I don't post here much, I do enjoy reading and browsing the forums. Honestly, I don't really read much of anything but the Mardia forums since that is where my main character is located in Maple Story. (though occassionally I will look at others to look for friends who have relocated to different servers)

Oh well...........it was fun while it lasted.

12. Default

I'm going to side with Ryan here. I believe it'd be better to come up with a slightly more restrictive set of rules for posting in world forums when the only other option is to completely remove them.

13. Custom User Title
    IGN: Will
    Level: 20
    Job: Metalworker
    Guild: Boston
    Alliance: Massachusetts
    usa

We actually talked about doing this to all fourms a while ago. Dunno' how that's progressing however.

NO! My banhammer needs to be sharp enough to split ADOMS before I can use it!

*Goes back to sharpening his hammer*

73.56% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Thirded.

14. Default

Technically, derailing a thread in any other forum should deserve a spam infraction. Trolling/flamebaiting if it's bad enough.

wuts an adom

15. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

You seem like the perfect candidate for a sleepywood mod. *Rolls eyes*

16. Default

Most sw mods kiss ass to get their positions (or send the owner nudes). I'm quite the opposite of that. I like my clothes on and as an economist, focus on solutions out of natural habit. Banning/warning too much causes traffic problems, while doing nothing leads to eventual traffic problems as well. I admin other forums, so I know how it is. I also notice that Fiel isn't the kind of guy to want to ban people and have to deal with drama, so this is his way of saying "don't make me do this".

17. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

In this case simply removing the sub forums removes the problem. There is already drama in the general sub forum, so regardless of the world sub forums being removed, drama will still linger in other areas with or without them here.

But being ban happy and just banning people all of the time also does not make things any better.

18. Default

Yeah......totally agree.....coz I already said all of that The best solution is for people to try to understand each other and resolve things without having to require intervention from admins. Admins already have enough on their hands with greg and opeth....

19. Default

yeah i dont see whats so hard about just warning something and then banning if they keep it up.

should tell that to the mods in that "world sub-forum that we both reside in from that 'other forum'"

i know around this time last year in the broa subforum here on sp there was drama. but lots of people were given infractions and even banned by lordkatz.

and i even agree about infactions in funhouse... sure its there for people to spam and say whatever.. but i'm sure it gets frustrating when you make a thread and people come in linking to come random pic or saying some random thing jus cus they can.