Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

They're clear if they don't continue accruing infractions.

2. Wanderer of the Dark
    IGN: litesorceror
    Server: scania
    Level: 8X
    Job: I/L Mage
    Guild: lifestream
    Alliance: i wish

even so, its the funhouse, its a spam haven, it is supposed to be the one place that if we want to goof off and do stupid pomegranate we can. so i vote nay to this addition, as it is only ever a select few that advocate its existence anyway.

ot: i actually think this is a good idea, im sure the world forums will be missed but the ridiculous amount of trolling, flaming, general mean-spiritedness came from those. Maybe in the future we could see something similar return but only if they can remain clean.

3. Default

I suppose this is necessary.
    Southperry is turning into the drama-queen swamp that is Sleepywood.net.

Southperry had humble beginnings and a data-oriented niche.

Getting rid of particular forums won't change the situation. They'll simply take it to General MS forums. The only way to get rid of a virus is not to get rid of the folders it infests, but rather the virus itself: permaban Southperry's worst and maintain a stricter policy on inter-world drama.

4. Default

One board is easier to moderate than 30. The "infection", as you so call it, will be tamed.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

This and

6. Default

I think this is some heavy moderation.
    It will decrease flaming and trolling and drama.
    But with it also comes the call to VERY good moderation.
    Fiel just make sure that everyone knows how serious an infraction is now.

7. Default

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. All you are doing is making people go to another forum to post about stuff pertaining to their world.

8. Default

He originally created the forum, he has the right to do whatever he pleases. I rarely go on the world section of the forums, so I wouldn't know.

9. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

I don't really think closing World Forums is necessary. Just infract and/or ban the hell out the dramawhores. I don't approve. It's a MS forums after all. Not having World discussion is kinda stupid. And upon inspection, Scania and Mardia are the only troublesome ones. The others have little activity or a lolsane community. Windia is (without all the necessary crap) one of the examples.

10. Default

Ah yes. The rare key to long-term solutions. Again, sleepywood.net's moron moderators gave warnings to more than half of the population, a sign they were drunk with their internet powerz. Such is the eventual result of moderating teenagers that give a thinly veiled guise of 'maturity'.

It would be easy to say to delegate power to control 30 boards to 15 moderators, but that could bring more problems than it solves.

As SP continues to grow in user count, eventually delegation of authority will be necessary, and so will expansion into new boards. This is why I say getting rid of boards is not going to work, at least in the long-term. You're going to need a reliable, big team and a good policy. Today you achieved one of those.

11. Default

Let's discuss that in site suggestions - not here.

12. Default

Well, they already exist (though in a different form) and are being removed. It wouldn't be a new feature.

13. Default

No, but implementation would have to be discussed. And the fact of if they would even get used would also be an issue.

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Let's just see how it goes. If it goes well, we'll keep it. If drama is justing being moved to another forum....well...then we discuss it then.

15. Default

I would like to see one thing that isn't at all related to drama that needs to be discussed in relation to only one world. I have never understood the point of "world forums" especially when drama farming is against the rules when all that world forums are is a plot of healthy soil to do your drama farming in.

16. Default

World Specific Rankings (classes, class variations, etc).
    World Specific Guild recruitment
    World Specific Events
    World Specific Party hunting
    World Specific Services
    World Specific sales/purchases

That's six legitimate purposes off the top of my head.

The fact drama can be dragged into any of those is like saying we should kill all babies because they can grow up to be stupid/immoral/do bad things/whatever rather than have society take the time to invest in them and keep them on the approved and productive path.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

The main thing I like world forums for is party formation, guild recruitment, and Ranking threads. These types of things don't usually start drama unless there are people looking to start something.

18. Default

Always a step behind me

19. Default

I've never seen half of those 6 reasons ever happen in the time the forums were even up. And even if some did happen. There are sites that already have perfectly good ones, so we didn't lose anything.