Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [In Progress] Meso Sacks on Sale

1. Default

you must've misphrased this, cause there is no way the meso sellers have 10 times the mesos of Nexon themelves considering Nexon makes the mesos the sellers sell.

2. Default

In theory yes, but in reality, meso sellers sell more mesos than Nexon's own meso-bag selling scheme, err, events. lol.........beaten at their own game!

3. Default

"having" and "selling" aren't equatable; you can't say the meso sellers have the better supply just because they're selling more, they just have better sales and they're selling more because they're cheaper, but they have literally infinitely less mesos than Nexon because if Nexon wanted to they could sell every player 2b for a dime.

4. Default

Exactly. Having is meaningless in this case. Virtual goods infinite potential doesn't mean anything until it's a finished product: a meso in an account.

This is basic macro econ stuff. The US fed can generate trillions of dollars by tomorrow but if it takes a solidified form that circulates in the economy, there will be an overwhelming inflation. So the "sitting duck" effect rules.

this is one of those economic paradoxes.

Q. Does the pattern hold?
    A. Yes. There are instances where the banks beat the fed at their own game during economic "bubbles". The subprime mortgage lending fiasco was proof enough of this. Think about it. Why did federally chartered mortgage companies fail if they have the backing of infinite supply?

Sure Nexon COULD sell every player 2b for a dime, but that would completely and utterly destroy the game and send Nexon to unemployment insurance offices.
    Last edited by rayhovite; 2009-08-19 at 04:31 PM.

5. Default

well not exactly, meso would just become worthless. it'd end up being like diablo II: ie, we just all trade in graded gems and stuff like glove for attack.

6. Default

I'd rather pay the $1 to 10m ratio of some Meso selling sites. That's if I even wanted to buy mesos.

7. Default

I'd rather do this because it's legal. Although, I'd only do it to get started on a server instead of being left with less than the amount I needed to even buy a halfway functional weapon. After what, you may ask? After doing just... Nothing. You don't GET money when you're just starting out. I see this as something you can just use to start out.

8. Default

Going back to barter system is part of the process of degradation.

9. Default

Then we have scammers going: "I GIV U 1 ILBI FOR 2 ILBIS HURRY PLZ"