Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
  1. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

- Ah, I see.

-Thank you again.

- It's just something that I started doing a while back, for certain reasons.

2. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Shinohiko
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 200
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Climax
    canada

Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Question out there for all the Night Lords and Night Walker in prepartion of Revamp like me.

Is it still worth to save up and get the lvl 150 set Fafnir and some Tyrant and Nova equips. What about belt Tinkerer's?

And for Stars. Should I still grab Balanced Fury over Crystal Ilbi and Flame Stars. or just keep ilbi and hwabis? What about the untradeable White Gold Stars(28atk)?

Thanks

3. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

NL:s get a tad better after revamp, but is still on the lower end of the thief ladder. NW have not been revamped yet, so noone can help you there.
    As for gears and stars... More stats/attack/power is always better, it is not like good gear is a waste on a class just because it is not top tier. Upgrading from Ilbis/Wabis to Cilibis or BF:s stars is a waste of funds unless everything else is finished, but if you have the coinage for the White Gold stars even though the scrolls in there are pretty epic, then go for those since they look great.
    If you are one of those that jump on the current top tier classes just because, then no, NL's will not float your boat. NW's might, since the trend is OP at release, then nerfed down alot.

4. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

A question for the shadowers out there: what is the best combination of skills to use for bossing? I've read numerous forums/threads and watched a handful of shadower bossing videos and the attacks used for bossing differs across the board. I realize that stationary vs mobile bosses require different skills, but could someone fill me in on the differences, pros and cons for what skills to use during bosses?

I've seen: Dark Sight + Assassinate (repeat), Just spamming assassinate, using BS + MC to fill up the body count and then using DS+assassinate, using pickpocket during any of those combinations and replacing MC with ME when there are enough coins on the ground, and a few others I can't think of right off of the top of my head.

I just came back a few months ago and I'm trying to get adjusted to everything and maximize my attacking efficiency, so I would greatly appreciate anyone's input and assistance. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else; thanks in advance!

5. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

I have a question, now that the explorers got revamped does the stolen skilldex have changed a lot? what are the options that i need to considerate?

6. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Dropping combo and grabbing Cross Surge/Chain, obviously. But 4th job can be Final Cut, RF again(I think damage % penalties were removed?), ELE, SE, or Arrow Blaster now. I think 1st job is still anything(I get Iron Body), and 2nd job is still Rage.
    I'd look more into other stolen skills if I was playing my phantom currently.

7. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

I'd definitely go for Arrow Platter as bossing skill in 4th, the turret's too OP. A few friends of mine are using FC for mobbing and Arrow Platter for bossing on their phantoms.

8. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

NLs aren't really on the lower end of thief classes IMO. I think Shad/DB/NL are pretty much on even grounds right now, until DBs get their revamp. NLs I know for sure are way better than both Shad and DB combined for Gollux, and mob control in general.

Also, as far as Cygnus Knights being OP goes, only 1/3 of the revamps were really OP status so far. :P

9. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Shinohiko
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 200
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Climax
    canada

Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

I Have a question concerning the last update of RED Impact for the Dual Blade. It was mentioned on OrangeMushroom's website that "Phantom Blow: range has been increased, effect and icon have been renewed". Is there an extraction showing by how much is the range increased and will I be able to use Phantom Blow on the Eagles in Pink Bean without triggering Damage Reflect?
    Thanks

10. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Just go look. We have all the extractions right here at SP you know. Those threads list every change.

11. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

The new Phantom Blow range is the same as the old Shade Split range, I tested it at Pink Bean and it still doesn't reach far enough to hit the eagle statues at Pink Bean unfortunately.

Relevant extractions here.

12. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

For any of you funded NL's out there, I'm planning on making an NL in the near future. I'm just wondering what range, %luk and %boss I would need to do 10m lines on gollux? Any help is appreciated!

13. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Question. Would lv 1 Quad Throw be more DPM than maxed Showdown on bosses?