Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I've got a question about my 3rd job skill build.

So I'm sure that I'm gunna max avenger and BoT first, but what's the best way to do it?

Edit: Also, where should I cap my dex to (eventually) wear the level 120 daggers?
    Last edited by Kabanaw; 2009-04-03 at 09:07 AM.

2. Default

*Points out that Avenger is a Hermit skill*

There are actually some worthwhile options for chief bandits these days, the first being maxing BoT while grinding at stuff like MP3, v/hoodoos and Windraiders to switch to typhons somewhere low in 8x. The second is getting 1 ME at lvl70 and bombing elder wraiths while maxing BoT. Don't be scared of money loss, it's been proven that you usually make money there. And yet again, you will go to Typhons somewhere in 8x.

The third and final worthwhile option would be maxing ME first. Again, you'll train at Elder Wraiths at first, but you'll have to move on to other monsters around 9x. I've heard that bombing Dragon Nests can get you from lvl90 to 120 within a week or two. You could also start maxing BoT immediately after you've maxed ME and start training at Typhons high 8x/low 9x.

Note about the Dex: cap wherever you are comfortable or use this simple equation:
    Base Dex = Total needed Dex - Total Dex gotten from equips

3. Default

Oh. Doy. I meant Assaulter. I always get those two mixed up.

When should assaulter be maxed? I think I'm going to do BoT first, and then should I go ME or Assaulter?

I think my current build will be:

70: 1 Assaulter (looks cool and BoT doesn't look to useful at level one)
    71: 3 BoT (3)
    72: 3 BoT (6)
    73: 1 BoT (7) (hits 3 monsters at this point), 2 chakra
    74: 1 chakra(3), 1 MG, 1 ME
    75: 3 BoT (10)
    76: 3 BoT (13)
    77: 3 BoT (16)
    78: 3 BoT (19)
    79: 3 BoT (22)
    80: 3 BoT (25)
    At this point since it will hit up to 6 monsters, I think I'll start maxing other skills. Is the extra 50% damage worth it?

Edit: Haha, I'm slow. MP3 is in signapore

Is Magatia training good?
    Last edited by Kabanaw; 2009-04-04 at 02:22 PM.

4. Default

After you've maxed BoT, you can do tons of things. You're going to be training at Typhons, me thinks. And you can train on Typhons all the way till 4th job. So it really just depends on what you want to do. I personally went with Assaulter first, so I could one hit weak monsters whenever I'm travelling, but you can do whatever you want, basically.

As for your build, I suggest you get BoT to 18 first, since it then will actually outdamage SB. At that point, I suggest getting a bit of MG. After you have a lvl of MG you're comfortable with, you max out BoT. It's your main training skill all the way till 4th job, so the earlier you max it, the more you get out of it. The 50% extra damage is really worth it.

And I don't know if Magatia is good Exp, since I'm too high level to train there with decent exp gains?

5. Default

:O good point

And even though assaulter does 30% less damage than SB, does it still do more overall since it ignores weapon defense?

6. Default

That probably depends on how the Def affects SB. I guess Assaulter will outdamage SB on monsters with high Def.

But I think that SB will always out-DPM assaulter.

7. Default

Well, with the Naricain Pendant soon becoming untradeable, I pose to the thief community another question. Is a 50~60 mill investment worth the price, for 10 extra attack in about 20 levels for me? From what I see, it's well worth the investment, as upgrading 10 attack for a thief's claw is extremely expensive. Even with its costly price as a pendant, it's only about 5~6 mill per attack point, versus the tens of millions per attack point upgrade on a claw. What are your opinions on this matter?

8. Default

5~6 Mill per Att is dirt cheap, so I say do it.

9. Default

I just went looking in the FM for some good equipment, and I decided to buy a Raven's Beak. The only thing is that it's STR and I'm a LUK CB. I do want use it, so should I:

-Convert to STR, 100% it at lvl80 and then upgrade to Dawn Raven's Beak at 90, to scroll.(Note; I need a Zhelm for this and I'm currently broken, but I'm getting 20k NX today to Gacha with, so if I choose this please tell me which gacha and what to do else.) This option also unlocks Khanjars, but those are really expensive.

-Stay LUK, upgrade it at lvl90 and then scroll, but use my 83/0 and 7 atk WG with reg DEX until then, or use the money I make from Gacha(see above) to get an "Ok" DT in until then.

Also, if I scroll it, what kind of scrolls? I'd love to make an endgame weapon out of it(currently =>115 watk) so should I try to do that?

10. Default

Another question, should I convert to str or just stay luk? The 15 att on a dragon khanjar makes it seem worth it.

11. Default

Stay Luk unless you can get yourself a 24~25+ atk Dragon Khanjar.

12. Default

I'd like to dispute this, but I can't.

Oh wait, you'll outdamage Luk dits eventaully, even if you have an unscrolled Khanjar ^_^.

13. Default

Why would you use an unscrolled Khanjar over a 10-20 atk Maple Shield? As far as I know they only range 5-9 w.atk.

14. Default

**If the Luk dit you're comparing with has no Att shield, or a bad one, the Str bandit will eventually outdamage the Luk bandit.

15. Default

Or if the luk bandit doesn't have a glove, or has no hat... the STR bandit wins again!

16. Default

Eh, a LUK bandit without an attack shield v. a STR bandit with a clean Khanjar seems like a pretty fair comparison to me. The wide availability of Khanjars now makes them easier to scroll than Maple Shields and the like now.

STR dits are in theory stronger with equally scrolled equips.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Unless maple shields drop next month, in which case we'll see their prices drop faster than naricain pendants did on the first day of release.

18. Default

That only applies for like a month, though. After that, prices willl go up to where they used to be.

19. Default

Here's just a random thing I'd like to ask.

When I'm training with a Thief at Skele, I sometimes see Skeles appearing to heal from Venom I think? What's happening here? Is it some glitch?

20. Default

It's a glitch. Negative numbers show up as healing. I think the function that displays damage over time only accepts signed 16-bit integers, which range from -32,768 to 32,767. Any numbers outside of that range will loop around. The monsters still take the correct amount of damage, though.